1998 Almera Si

because its a 1.4 and the track was sticky! i know it sounds a bit harsh on the car and stupid by me but it was the only way to get off the line with a little bit of spin to stop it bogging down. must work, i still think the 60ft time is good for the car!

little update anyway, the exhaust is falling off. booked in for late on wednesday for new piping to the back box and a new down pipe of a slightly larger bore, with any luck might be using a gti mid section, providing niro still has the one he advertised and if he gets back to me.... otherwise might just be a botch job to get me to japshow at the weekend then a full system made up next week.....

With regards to the 1.6 conversion, I reckon it would be worth it if only just to try, it would make your current mods exponentially better surely?

16.7 with floppy engine mounts and heavy 17s against 17.4. I reckon you could easily break my 16.7, my launches are rubbish lol

will be the cheapest and easiest engine swap yourll ever do :P

If I had £200 i'd bang that in, if only to replace my tiring 1.4 (poor thing's up to 133k now! :eek: )

Having said that, I think i'll need a new gearbox before the engine gives up ;)

exhaust sorted.... BEFORE.... jdm tyte.

IMG_0461.jpg

AFTER.... jdm LOCKtyte....

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

tom.

hairy muff. personal preferance int it. i thought it needed something beefier looking now its fully kitted, and while i was in to have the midsection sorted i thought sod it, i had that box in my shed off the old micra anyway so got him to fit that!

Glad to hear you got it sorted in time mate,I take it you managed to split the mid section from where it was cut off the car ok

slightly miffed, after all the stress i went through and put you through it nver got used! turns out my standard exhaust is low grade stainless with mild flanges. strange. flanges had rusted away from the stainless, so we welded new stainless flanges on mine and away i went. strange thing is the gti pipework doesnt look any physically bigger, work that one out! fear not though, it wasnt a wasted effort, that is now my mot saviour, combined with a nice cheap standard box, you know how it works 'i didnt swap that just for the mot officer, honest' :D

sounds nice with that box on anyway, top score :D

couple of pics of mine at japshow today, it was mega clean when i set off yesterday, even waxed it :mad:

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

speed camera sticker is a bit risky but meh, good for a laugh :D

what do you do when your off work with mystery man-flu in the middle of summer :angry: ?! pamper your previously neglected N15 :D

resprayed the mega stone chipped front splitter then wash and waxed the whole blood car..... whilst trying to avoid dropping sweat and snot on your freshly waxed panels. just dont tell me boss :ohmy:

loads of chips, quickly sanded back...

IMG_0475.jpg

lookin nearly new

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

in between paint and laquer coats get yer rat... ERRR... 'wax' out (and your new meguirs microfibre cloth, check me out)

IMG_0476.jpg

check out the reflection

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

now to generally whore pix my car

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

not really an update but a lot of sweat and tears.

tom.

nah kurt im not that anal. been off work ill and was bored shitless. been in front of race driver grid for 3 days solid. saw sams post and thought it looked good so decided to give it a go. and yes, the wanky camera of death is gone.

and while i think of it i reckon the 3rd pic down is very skyliney.... must be the grill....

cheers lads...

Back
Top Bottom