1998 Almera Si

looks great, lowering it seems to have brought the whole car together, it looks 100 times better now. the wheels and exhaust suit the car alot more now its lowered

much better, looks good. what spring have you used mate? it seems to have lowered the back end a fair bit more than my Apex springs did..i had to put new KYB shocks on the back though.
I suppose my rear shocks have settled a bit, but its still not as low as the front end.
also, what are the profile of the tyres?
keep up the good work
cheers

tires are 195/55/15s, the fronts have new shocks so im guessing they'll take a while to settle. this is the part you probably all wont like. its not having sideskirts or rear splitter. looking at it now, im quite happy with how it sits. today ive been at mr jims doing a cleaning spree, so now its clean and polished, and were off to take some pics in a bit so ill stick them up when i next get chance.

cheers for the good comments

tom

apparently 35mm. springs are completely unknown, supposed to be jamex but they came un-labeled. shocks are 'boge' and its bloody hard! love it! goes round bends like fook! heres the new pics, from the lens of jim....

100_0869.jpg

100_0872.jpg

100_0890.jpg

and heres an arty farty one of my Si, jims crx and his mrs paseo Si

100_0867.jpg

cheers,

tom.

lookin loads better now it lowered!

Si racer had BOGE suspension and damn it was hard and yes they go round bends as if on tracks with that suspension! he he

I love the GTi bodykit to be honest, and i'm not one for the whole kitting out of cars, but with a Phase 2 kit and bumpers I think any Almera would look amazing!

I wouldn't do it. Don't make it look like, what it isn't.

I think Phase 2 lights and colour coded wing mirrors, would look cool.

Colour coded wing mirrors, ph2 lights and the rest of the ph1 kit would look really good. Its just a great kit, really simple, never OTT! I think it'd look more daft with that ph1 splitter on and no kit elsewhere, it needs to match up in height all way round for the best look so either get some skirts and rear splitter or get rid of front splitter. You can't have one without the other IMO.

Simcard said:
it needs to match up in height all way round for the best look so either get some skirts and rear splitter or get rid of front splitter. You can't have one without the other IMO.

i see what you mean but im also in the same way of thinking as kurt, in that its not a gti, so it shouldnt look like one, but compared to standard si front bumpers, i think the P1GTI bumper looks the balls, so i have to keep it. i appreciate the comments, i like to know what people think......

as for a 'how to' on the diy suteki, all i can say is 'use your initiative' i read bits on here of how to do it, but im very impatient, so i literally just botched it, and luckily it turned out half decent....

also, could be time for new tires, found out after lowering there a pile of dung...

ok. after all i said abut not wanting skirts, i bodged them on yesterday (cheers for the help jim) and im actually quite impressed. the new theme of the car is.... THE SHEEP IN WOLFS CLOTHING..... so its de badged as well lol

pics to keep you happy....

IMG_0031.jpg

sheep.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

cheers

tom

looks a lot better with those skirts I must say. get a splitter on the back of that and it'll be a nice tidy package. I was very surprised how much of a difference the rear splitter made to my car. min'e like yours in reverse, I don't have a front splitter yet.

Looking good. :)

Although, you`ve not fully de-badged it, there`s still the `SI` in the high level brake light (pics 4 & 5). :p

Still not sure about those rims though, :O maybe because there are no centre caps on them.

But good progress being made. :)

Back
Top Bottom