almera and pulsar.

Because then it'll be a genuine white N15 that's a GTi :D If he gets a GTi and wants it white then he'll have to fork out on a respray, but as Joe and Andy has shown, an SR20 conversion is very doable.

But he'd have the most expensive GTi on here. Swapping all GTi parts over not too mention rear axle for disc brakes.

Buy a cheap GTi for like £650 one on here and put money into minting it up. But even then if your mate has an MR2 turbo even a GTi wouldn't keep up. But then again just tell yoir mate to fuck off if they keep taking the piss.

only a few bolts man.. wayne has everything you need in the P1 hes breaking.. then youll have the only White GTi iv seen.. aside from kristians..

But he'd have the most expensive GTi on here. Swapping all GTi parts over not too mention rear axle for disc brakes.

Buy a cheap GTi for like £650 one on here and put money into minting it up. But even then if your mate has an MR2 turbo even a GTi wouldn't keep up. But then again just tell yoir mate to fuck off if they keep taking the piss.

Agreed. This is getting silly - would it not be a whole lot easier just buying a half-decent Gti & respraying it white ? !!! :roll: You could buy one for a grand & spend another grand on a top paint job. 2 grand - voila - a white Gti & no faffing around !

Its all about what you want outta it mate.. I could have brought many cheap GTi's for £300.. But instead I spent that money buying the bits needed to convert mine into a GTi..
I'd put too much time and effort into my existing car to just swap it for another almera which may have problems I'd have to fix.
ALSO.. I've seen almeras with holes through the spare wheel well, and rear struts etc, mine only has minor bubbles on rear arches so that was another reason to keep it..
If it was a rusty old knacker I definitely would have brought a GTi.
As I've said before though, each to their own, do what you want and thats all that matters. You won't regret it though mate, its the most rewarding thing when you've built the whole car from scratch pretty much and you go out in it and everything's functioning perfectly :)
I fucking love my car, for that reason!
Joe

Oh and regarding the rear disc conversion.. I would recommend doing it yeah, as my SRi brakes struggle to stop the car efficientely at the moment as I still haven't got all the bits I need.
The axle itself is a straight bolt on item.. Piece of piss compared to the engine swap lol.
Joe

I thought a full respray that changes colour costs thousands?

colour change increases the cost due to the fact they have to spray inside the car too if you dont want it too look like a stolen car when you come to sell it, oh its white outside, how come its red here. Just puts people off. All depends how good you want it.

for a full respray your looking 2K to do it properly you ahve to strip the car to a shell and build it back up again the paint doesnt cost much its labour!

exactly more reason to keep my car, i will put the gti engine in! thanks for the advice joe. trying to make a list of bit i need can you help.

Just buy a cheap GTi.. Its MUCH easier than trying to gather all the parts individually, and I promise you'll overlook something..
You'll need:
-Complete engine (including all parts, all ancilleries, belts, both manifolds, injectors, sensors, flywheel and clutch etc).
-GTi drivers side engine mount.
-GTi gearbox mount (2 pieces).
-GTi under engine brace.
-Complete engine loom with all plugs. There's 3 parts to this, power loom, sensor loom and the Injector loom.
-GTi clocks.
-GTi ECU, ignition barrel, door locks, key and NATS IMMU box, now its vital these 4 items are a matching set..
-GTi gearbox.
-GTi shafts both sides.
-GTi wishbones & hubs both sides.

It'll also be wise to upgrade your suspension and brakes, and get GTi strut braces to ensure the car's strong enough.
You also need to think about Bolts.. I know it sounds stupid but a missing bolt can halt your build for days, even weeks!
You better thank me for this bitchhh lol, took me a year's worth of research to do my project as Andy S never did a proper write up so I had to find everything out myself pretty much.
Just use my thread as a bible.. And I'll give you another tip.. DO NOT TAKE SHORTCUTS.. buy ever part possible you can afford brand new.. Don't use old parts or you'll pay for it double at a later stage.
Good luck.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom