Almera owner at last. my 5dr SRi

If you want sly mods, remove the pipe on the airbox and replace it with some halfords CAI. Take of the manifold and smash out the precat, get a decat pipe and a gti catback and silencer. Advance your timing and strip the interior. You'll definitely notice those changes and it'll cost you less than £100.

dude i was going to try and find a polite way to say this but struggled, so.... stop getting so hooked up on performance vs other cars. the ZR is a new car and despite the higher power figure it aint that special. dont forget, the GA series engine was designed in the 80's, with no changes bar fuel injection. aus got vtc but they're jammy fuckers. the mg/rover engines have gone with the times due to being more popular, to the point of making a 'performance' 1.4, the 105. id say, out in the twisties you'd whip him. in a straight line there wouldnt be a lot in it. all boils down to how big your balls are. i mean, you wouldnt expect a 1.3 micra to beat a mazda 323f v6 down a 1/4 mile would ya? according to parkers? raceworx pasted one at shakeys years ago. get it on track and you'll be surprised, theres more to cars than parkers price guide dude... rant over.

ha ha yeah :D that dudes face.. tonys face was better when he heard him say he was dicking on GT4's..

dude i miss my micra :( can i get one?

as for your car NNissan just get a manifold and exhaust and an intake and youll have 100BHP there.. coilovers and youll be easting MG shit piles all day..

Looked at my tyres for first time today as well.

They say 'Toyo Proxes t1R'.

How much are these to replace in the future and are they decent?

Toyo proxies are great tyres, id recomend strongly you get same again

195/50/15 Toyo proxies £130 delivered... all 4 of them ;)

Ive got a header & decat and other bits ready to do to my SRI when i get it.. so ill let you know how the mods fair on performence increase side of things

Excellent. Bought it thinking was a regular Almera and i've discovered afterwards it has:

-GTi alloys
-K&N panel filter
-Them Toyo tyres^

Wonder what else has being previously changed I havn't noticed.

Northern meet?

Get some base times.

Check the thread.

If you are really nice to Wezz he might even advance your timing for you.

Man. My mate has a 1.4 GX, but it's 3dr, tinted, lowered, exhaust, big alloys. It looks amazing and sounds better. Puts my SRi to shame. Need to make it look sportier less like an estate. Pay day on 10th can't wait. Black tints on the the small rear window thing might help blend it in. Maybe it'd look better lowered.

Parked behind a new shape civic, I was suprised how good the 5dr can look in real life. Really pleased, looked nearly as good.

I've a dilemma. I want to improve her and spend money on her but I'm not sure if it's worth pouring cash in to a £700 car. But with the mileage, I could keep it for ages.

I also don't want to spend money on the workings of the car, when there are a few body work issues that I'm not sure are fixable. Not to mention a fag hole in a rear seat. No point spending cash on an eternally broken car.

Would you guys runaround for a while and sell, or would you spend cash tidying it up, fixing up the body work and get a new seat etc?

it has:
-scrape on roof as if something was tied on and scraped off
-few small dents, couple of which are on the bonnet which i heard can be troublesome to sort
-fag burn in rear seat
-some scratches on bumper

Luckily they're hardly noticable the scratches or dents, just need sorting.

This is the ideal car to go to town on imo.

Mega cheap but in really good fettle with fuck all miles (you really don't know what you've got do you)

GTi interiors are coming up all the time and are mostly free or for very little money.

Quickdraw and a few others on here will be able to sort out your MINOR bodywork jobs with ease, just ask them.

You've got what is an absolutely solid base car to build on, I don't know what all your umming and aahrring is about.

Take a look on a few JDM export sites and look at a few VZR 5 doors for inspiration maybe or just look at how sweet Andy S's 5 door looks.

Ok then.

Might go to town on pay day. The scrapes on the roof looking closely look like theres rusty bits coming/came, which is a shame on an Almera with no rust at all on the arches etc. How fixable is this? It's the most noticable problem.

Fag hole in the rear seat is annoying, but not major and can be over looked. The dents on the exterior however un noticable I'll try and get seen too.

Is it true small dents on the bonnet are really hard to remove? I've looked underneath on the bonnet and there are sort of extra metal bits for reinforcement or whatever.

If I can tidy up the exterior even a little, I'll have a perfect low mileage SRi. I've too much time to think before pay day is all as for what I want to do to her.

I only work PART TIME 20 HOURS as well, so don't earn particularly much. Willing to pour the majority towards the car though.

function before form, power not paint etc

its a 12 year old car, cant expect much to be honest, just go out and buy lowering springs, 4 branch manifold, decat, backbox, filter and advance the timing. bosh, jobs a guddun. sit back and smile.

function before form, power not paint etc

its a 12 year old car, cant expect much to be honest, just go out and buy lowering springs, 4 branch manifold, decat, backbox, filter and advance the timing. bosh, jobs a guddun. sit back and smile.

Pay day friday. Definetly want a little extra kick. What would you say the cheapest option is and where do you suggest buying from experience? Arn't the manifolds quite expensive?

Thanks :D cant wait to get more power. Its funny ive gone from 55 -100bhp and after 3 weeks im already wanting more :confused:

Go for suspension, being able to go fast is all well and good but you can wipe smiles of peoples faces by being able to go round corners faster than them ;)

My large legs intefere with my steering capabilities before the suspension comes into play lmao.

How much to improve that? Im really clueless, but have some cash I want to spend on the car.

edit: Curious about that problem actually. You notice race drivers taking bends with both hands on the wheel, being able to turn the wheel half way round with both hands still in the regular place. Me however, I can't do it like that, my hands hit my knees. I have to do it differently, which can be really arkward and less smooth. Any ideas?

Move your seat back and put the backrest more upright, sounds like you are hanging off the wheel.

Power is nothing without control.

Phils right about the suspension, get some KYB AGX and some decent springs and the car will feel faster everywhere.

Where would you advise getting these from?

In second foot down flat, pulled off fully, and I hear a sort of weird rattling sound as the revs drop. Not sure whether it's just the noise the filter makes or whether somethings vibrating. It vibrates on idle the steering wheel sometimes too.Mi Dad says its nothing major and he'll sort it out when hes off, but still not the best.

Back
Top Bottom