Almera TSi

so if he backed off what RPM did it peak 118 bhp?

edit: DURRR must pay more attention.

so even running lean it was still climbing at 5400.... this obviously has potential.....

ooo nice torque curve, no dip. before i advanced my timing it felt lifeless until i hit 3k rpm, not anymore!

what if the fuel pump is struggling?

So whats the plan, SR20 injectors and maybe a larger pump, will a gti pump work?

torque is up about 45 with no tuning! nice about 25/30 more than my 1.6

i should imagine the pump would be good for that power and probably more, i cant see nissan putting different pumps in the 1.4 and 1.6 either, and the 1.6 pumps can take 130+ i read somewhere, id stab at injectors myself.... are 1.6 injectors any different? worth looking into before attacking an SR20 rail?

The ga16de injectors were installed when i fitted the ported head.

Torque feels good, as you can see from the graph, i have just over 100lb/ft of torque @ 2500 rpm and a max of 125lb/ft @ 4500, quite a flat curve i think.

Yeah, probably try and go down the larger injector route i think and see if i can get this SAFC to work with them.

Back to drawing board i think...

This is VERY interesting, I'm looking to turbo my SRI, and I live 2 minutes away from Aldon, haha.

118, no tuning, wow.

Potential there mate.

Time to revive this thread i think with some more recent pics and an update with whats going on.

After a rough few months with work and losing my job etc (still looking for a job too) things are slowly starting to come together.

I decided it was time to address the fuelling issues (lack of) i was encountering.

The car now has a Nissan 200sx S15 fuel pump installed (straight swap), and the sr20de 256cc injectors and modified rail are going in tomorrow.

On the engine managent side of things, i decided it was time to ditch the piggyback Apexi SAFC Neo and go for a fully mappable K11 Micra ECU, which will replace my existing ECU.

A company called Fusion motorsport are coming to install and map this on the 19/12/07.

This will give me more adjustment on the fuelling side than the apexi, but more crucially allow me to adjust the igntion timing aswell so i can can the most out of it.

Aside from that, the other things that have changed are:

New replacement turbocharger, this time its an equivalent KKK unit.
The Oil seals got damaged due to a poorly designed oil return, not allowing the oil to drain effectively. This has been sorted now.

Manifold has now been heat wrapped.

Now running a Baileys DV26 BOV or Sytec adjustable twin piston BOV (depending on which one i feel like using :D )

New Intercooler routing and a new steel meshed Air Filter,

3 point race harness from SRS

Black diamond brake pads

Oh and the usual, a new colour on the valve cover!

I think thats about it.

Heres a few pics of how she's looking now:

DalesCarstuff004.jpg

DalesCarstuff002-1.jpg

DalesCarstuff003-1.jpg

Very pleased you stuck with it mate, it looks great and im sure will go some too!

Look forward to GOOD news in the new future.

You can pass the knowledge onto me aswell after :)

Thanks to ED at Fusion motorsport (nice chap too), my car is running safe and actually seems to make some nice power now!

Ended up running 10psi in the end...and god damn it feels good. :D

The map isnt quite perfect, but was the best that Ed could get it with the use of a powerboost valve (sometimes unstable fuel pressures), and on a 'live road mapping' session.

He's put a conservative ignition map on there and AFRs are around 12 -11:1 when the boost kicks in.

He's suggested going down to his RR in Surrey for some tweaking in the near future for even more power, and reccomends i use a SARd or Nismo type regulator to get even better results.

Im really chuffed though.

Took a little longer than expected, he came down at 3pm and didnt finish till like 8:30pm.

Just gonna take it easy for a while now and see how things go.

Power runs maybe next week?

Cant wait to see the numbers!

Cheers for the link cov, should be quite useful.

Ian, Yeah the FSE is proving a bit problematic for tuning.

Strangely though i opted to put the original FPR on there from the sr20de rail, Ed tried to tune it using this but the AFRs were just going lean as soon as i got on boost no matter what he did with the map, so i had to put the PBV back on.

Maybe the FPR was worn out and not holding pressure, didnt like boost at all.

In terms of numbers...

Ive got figures in my head but im not gonna say it just incase i jynx it.

Bearing in mind it made just under 120bhp and 120lb/ft @ 5psi with a really bad tune at Aldon.

Boost is now doubled @10 psi and it did smoke the tyres in 2nd gear last night in the damp on a rolling start at approx 30mph. (Not a good thing but gives you an idea of the torque).

Oh and i reckon it feels quicker than my brothers Starlet GTT and my mates clio 16v.

I'll let you make your judgments from that.

Can someone reccomend a good rolling road for me to go to for a power run thats not too far away from me.

Aldon dont provide any AFRs so i want somewhere that does.

Chip Tuning. Unit 1&2 factory lane, Bromsgrove. 01527 57710.

They gives AFR readouts and whp figures. Expensive, but you get a full hour and they`ll mess with the fuel pressure and timing if you ask.

Make sure you`re running high octane and have 30+psi in the front tyres.

this is loking really promising quite looking forward to seeing the finished numbers

out of curiosity (sorry if this seems a dumb question) on the pipe work just before the intake is that a maf sensor? if so whats it from? and what did you do with the standard one?

Kia Tat: Yeah that is a MAF sensor from an sr20de, ive removed it now though as its not being used.

The car is runnning on the original MAF sensor located in the throttle body.

Thanks Ian, i'll get myself over to chip Tuning then.

Back
Top Bottom