Almera TSi

wow great peoject mate, Have you got plans to go standalone managment at any point?

Not sure how the tunning works with nissans? What are you using to adjust the ignition timing ect? Pm me as i may have some bits that will help you i.e MSD boost timing retard.

You should have the wideband regardless of wether your tunning it yourself or not btw. Otherwise how can you keep an eye on your fueling? If an injector packs in one day you wont know till you have a melted piston.

Go on ebay and search for the VEMS wideband its excellent and supports datalogging think it was 200quid

wheres the vids?

No vids yet mate. Still having a few issues getting it running properly.

Not sure if i want to go the standalone engine management route at the moment. I would like to,dont get me wrong but it all depends on how far i decide to go with this project and the money sitiuation. I am still at college and working part time!

I havent got much adjustability on the ignition side of things, i can only adjust the timing as a whole, as apposed to certain points across the rev range.
Im think im gonna aim for 200bhp and then call it a day and buy something else.

will pm you later on mate, just on my way out...
(EDIT: Alan, your PM box is full)
thanks

Dale said:
:) Standard plugs at the moment. Gonna need an upgrade..

You have to do! Quick! It can cost you your pistons. And its a cheap mod.
Just a piece of advise :)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! Glad you got it sorted!

Will have to have a meet and have a look when you got it finished properly :)

Can't believe you've done all that and I still haven't even got round to sorting my timing out :p

Thanks mate, i revcieved your text yesterday, no credit still. Besides, i have no idea about those blue camera's?! Never seen one.
Yeah, we'll meet up some time.
Get that timing sorted! I'll speak to you on MSN and guide you through it if you havent got access to a timing light. I'll tell where to turn the dizzy to get 15deg advance.

Cheers tommo. We'll have arrange that meet up some time.
My fingers are crossed too! Seems to be no issues with detonation or anything, so all is good at the moment. The last thing i wanna do is blow it up. Im running it on 97 fuel with retarded timing set at about 8deg. Im overfuelling it too just to keep it safe, my back bumper is slowly turning black which is a good sign!

good stuff mate, another almera beating a 106 GTi :)

i think my sunny was running very rich then as its bumper was also black lol, popped and flamed nicely though lol

keep at it mate, cant wait until its all tweaked and you can see what it gives you

Brillaint mate glad to see its running ok.

Cant put the impotance of getting a wideband sometime very soon.

get some vids up when its done so we can see how quick it is.

Just been to ALdon, the results are 118bhp @5400rpm and 125lb/ft@4500rpm @0.4 BAR (5psi) with no tuning.

Dangerously lean and tuning was abandonned, the apexi SAFC wont allow for enough extra fuel. :(

Unfortunately i wont be attending Shakespeare guys in this state of tune.

Going to look into getting some GTi injectors and fuel rail as a means of getting some more fuel in there.

Printout to follow..

dangerously lean, is that what killed the HG before ya reckon?

118 with no tuning and 0.4 bar boost sounds promising to me though, get the right setup fuel wise and itll be mint!

good luck again :)

did you uprate the fuel pump?

Yeah, im suprised i didnt melt a piston tbh.

The pump is standard.

Yeah, It does look quite promising though.
It would have produced more power, as the bhp was still climbing, but the operator backed off.

Heres the graph...
Aimeespics001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom