Almera TSi

Bleed valves are meant to be cheapppp, electronic controllers are meant to be more reliable.

On my mate's 200sx we were using a bleed valve and the boost kept fluctuating from 14psi in 1st and 2nd hear to 20psi in 3rd and 4th gear!

Scary shit...

bleed valve is the way they did it old school before all these controllers came out, just a way of fooling the actuator into making more boost iirc. i bet this could handle a bar of boost as its only 9.5:1 CP,

Yep, im using a mechanical (ball and spring) manual boost controller. Ive never had a problem with it, ever.

Its not a bleed valve so to speak, as they are different.

I have an adjustable wastegate actuator fitted so i could just run that on its own, but i prefer using the MBC as it prevents the wastegate flap opening too soon.

Its currently set at 10psi, i'll probably go up to a maximum of 14psi if i get a retune.

oh aye does that mean, say if i was to use a turbo where it comes on boost about 2200, could i use a boost controller to stop it draining my fuel tank when on the motorway at over 3000 rpm? as in turn the boost off at those revs?

Nope an MBC doesnt do that.

The MBC just prevents the boost pressure signal from reaching the wastegate actuator until it reaches the desired boost level. Allowing the boost to build faster.

Ie in my case, no boost is seen at the wastegate actuator until there is 10psi at the MBC.

But for record Paul, you can drive at constant speed off boost at any time you like with any turbo car. Its all throttle related.

yeh so its like the dawes device your using dale?

yeh i got good MPG in the GTiR on the way down to pod 2 years ago, if you keep the throttle light then it keeps the boost as 0 pressure but when i hit a hill then it went positive slightly and when i came accross a poobaru it went positive lots :D

Well, not much has changed since the last update here, ive fitted an Alloy Catch tank and a GTi (non kit) front splitter.

Ive also changed my intercooler pipework setup, the piping has been re-routed so that it doesnt run near the downpipe/manifold and its now around 1-2 feet shorter.

Anyway, heres a run down of my plans for this year.

-Fit Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 (15")Alloys
-BC Coilovers
-GA16DE Gearbox
-Install JWT cams (S1 Turbo)
-Install Upgraded Turbocharger and relevant supporting parts.

Aiiming for in excess of 150whp, the new turbo system essentially consists of:

Garrett T25 Turbocharger (0.48A/R Compressor housing,0.49A/R Turbine Housing)
Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold
Modified Downpipe & T28 Turbo Elbow
Large Intercooler and Alloy 2.5" Piping
Oil & Coolant Fittings/Hose
4x 333cc Injectors
91-94 1.6 Sentra Fuel Rail
95-99 SR20DE MAF Sensor

Then its going off for a Rolling Road session to have it tuned.

I havent got any dates set as yet, but i hope to have all this completed by the summer.

Nice plans mate, I dare say you'll get good figures then, well fingers crossed for you lol.
I wonder what differences you'll get with the 1.6 box.
Joe

I wonder what differences you'll get with the 1.6 box.
Joe

Yeah, I think it will make a difference, i dont particularly like the short 1st and 2nd gear on the GA14 box with the turbo setup.
The slightly longer gearing in 1st/2nd on the GA16 will help me gather some speed, and when i engage 3rd gear (which is the same ratio) i'll be higher up in the revs too. :cool:

i love this car, real under dog punching well above its weight. hows the clutch & flywheel combo at the sec, will it still be fine with the new gearbox matey?

david

Cheers, Im using the 1.6 heavy duty XTD paddle clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, the clutch was in good condition when i removed it to fit the fidanza flywheel, theres plenty of life in it and it should be plenty strong enough to cope with the extra power im expecting. Its just a b*stard to drive at low speeds, its heavy, you cant slip it, so its jerky and easy to stall.

Also, cheers to whoever updated my thread Title to Almera 'TSi'.

look forward to the next update, making GA owners proud man.

1.6 box should be a nice upgrade, the short 1st and 2nd annoyed me with 85bhp so must get on your tits lol, plus for some stupid reason the 14 box had the capability to get a much higher top speed, god knows why. 16 is shorter so speed comes quicker woop!

you are getting teh 16 shafts aswell arent you?

good luck :)

^You know it Wez, since you kicked my ass last time. Revenge must be taken, even against the VE beast.

Back
Top Bottom