Almera TSi

Loving your work Dale :D for similar reasons to David. Would love to see this in action at Shakeys :thumb:

ditto. be good to see you get traction and pull some scorchers down shakeys. i dont know if its been asked recently dale, but have ou ever thought about an aftermarket LSD? i know you can get phantomgrip etc for SR's just wondered if anythin is available GA fit? and if you have plans?

ditto. be good to see you get traction and pull some scorchers down shakeys. i dont know if its been asked recently dale, but have ou ever thought about an aftermarket LSD? i know you can get phantomgrip etc for SR's just wondered if anythin is available GA fit? and if you have plans?

Only just seen this^

Yeah, ive kept this one quiet, but the GA**DE has a Viscous LSD option box available;)

Its the RS5F31V.

Same box found on the Micra SuperTurbo abd Cherry Turbo AFAIK.

Ive thought about sourcing one, but then the big downside is that they seem no stronger than the stock box.

If they were strong, it would make a nice investment.

Small update for today on current turbo build situation:

Currently have acquired the following parts:

S13 200sx Garrett T25 Turbocharger
Coolant Banjos
Protech Shorty Manifold
JWT S1 Turbo Camshafts
SR20 MAF and Connector plug
91-94 Sentra Fuel Rail
330cc VE Injectors and Connector plugs

I can confirm the sentra 91-94 fuel rail is compatible with our UK GA**DE Inlet manifold, ive test fitted today and also installed the VE injectors into the rail. Also to add to this, the injectors are different in the placement of the fuel inlet mesh, (see shaggys thread on injector upgrades for more info) but they do still fit/work fine.

So were getting close now, only a few bits and peices left to get. Just need to pay for the coilovers, then i can continue buying the remaining parts.

Going to make an attempt of fitting a GTi throttlebody too, wil keep you updated on this.

nice one man! cant wait for version 2.

When you replaced teh gasket did you just replace with a standard item, if so how will this hold up against turbo build v2?

What needs to be done to make the SR20 MAF work dale?

Which gasket Paul? the head gasket?
If so, yeah its a stock GA16 one. The gasket should be fine (touch wood), but only time will tell.

This build is not going to be too extreme with power figures though, realistically we're looking at around 180hp at the Flywheel at 10-12psi. Enough to compete the N/A tuned GTi guys.:)

If i were using a GTiR t28 at the same 10-12psi boost level, i dare say figures would be in excess of 230hp, but i want to keep it nice and streetable and get it on boost as quick as possible. The larger turbine housing on the GTiR turbo isnt really suitable for my 1400, and will be laggy as hell.

To use the SR20 MAF you will need ECU work.

yeah sorry i meant the head gasket lol

Gota respect your thoughts going into these builds, time money and effort and your keeping it sensible and reliable :D

Would a simple remap make an SR20 MAF work? Undriveable until the remap is performed?

Yeah the car wont run with sr20 maf on the standard ECU tune,

A remap will cure it.

Basically the MAF outputs a voltage signal between 1-5volts back to the ECU. The voltage signal represents an Air Mass (5v represents the largest air mass at WOT) and the ECU is programmed to recognise that 1volt = X amount of air. However, 1volt on the GA maf will not represent the same amount of air as 1v on the SR20 MAF, which is why it doesnt run unless tuned accordingly.

hmmm because ive cut out teh maf on my spare TB because the maf structure has got to be awful for airflow! will have to disconnect and link the coolant pipes for when i take it somewhere for the remap so i can swap the TBs over :D cheers dale!

you could use an apexi SAFC as that has the ability to run a different maf you can set it to SR20 in and it outputs GA16 plus the fuel adjustment to the ECU..

think me and dale would both need a remap anyway not just for the MAF.

Nice to know theres another option though

Nice little package was delivered today:D

Garrett GT2252, clocked turbine housing, mounted to my top mount protech manifold:
PB120216.jpg

PB120215.jpg

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT22/GT2252_452187_6.htm
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo.../Turbochargers/gt22_images/452187-6comp_e.jpg

Schaweet. I'm tempted to get a new turbo but not sure what would best suit the car. I don't want any lag, infact i would sacrifice power for less lag.

Back
Top Bottom