Almera TSi

theres a few 1.6 turbo kickin out good power on stock bottom ends, one being wes i think that 250WHP. So with the shorter stroke of the 14 id bet dales engine wont be too stressed

orrr theres only one way to find out :D

Impressive list of parts Dale.
What kinda power you looking at with those fitted? Will the internals take it?

Yeah, somewhere around the 190-220hp mark. Just enough to keep on par with you DE/VE guys.
I suppose we'll find out how strong the 1.4 internals are. Its bone stock.

I guess i can use that as an excuse to upgrade to the GA16, if it ever decides to let go:lol:

Not long now, completion date will be the same week as Shakeys 13/14th June.

Trial fitting:
PC150245.jpg

Completed Install
PC170251.jpg

JWT cams installed
PC220258.jpg

So im off work this week to get my new bits fitted, i made a start yesterday removing the oil pan and lower timing chain/oil pump cover, i intended to try and take more pics but meh..just the one for now.

Alternator and power steering belts removed:
PC290264.jpg

Current state of play is that the sump and lower chain cover have been removed, and ive now installed my new lower chain cover.
The old turbo and manifold have also been removed and the new ones installed.

Next up is installing the new oil pan and oil drain line from the turbo.

Slow progress at the moment with the poor weather we're having. Will update you guys with more pics as i go. If it ever stops raining.:roll:

In the meantime and keeping dry, i'm removing the drives side engine mount insert, so i can fit the 2 peice solid prothane item.

Nice progress Dale, shame the weather's being so rubbish for you, I bet its halting your progress.
Keep the updates coming!
Hope everything goes smoothly also..
Joe

Yep, wish i'd taken last week off instead! Haha

Havent got anything done today.

But yeah, so far so good though, no hickups as such...the hardest part so far (which i knew it would be) was doing the new timing chain cover, nothing particularly difficult, just time consuming and arkward without a ramp.

The turbo package install is straight forward enough, I had to manipulate the dipstick tube to fit the turbo manifold, as it was getting in the way, but a bit of bending later and its on.

Turbo to bonnet clearance is pretty close too, due to the top mount design, just about clears. I must admit, its nice to see it finally sitting in there though.

The task im not looking forward to is the intake manifold replacement, access is a PITA.

Wouldn't it have been easier to whip the engine out as a whole Dale?
Inlet mani, timing chain cover and sump would have all been straight forward that way lol.
Sorry mate! :)
I bet the Topmount turbo looks absolutely evil..
Get a picture of it up.. Unless your holding out till everything's on haha.
Joe

Yeah it would have been easier.
My driveway is like yours though, steep. Too dangerous to get the car up high.

Havent got a pic yet, and its pissing down, so i'll get some more progress shots once i can get back out there.

The small turbo looks a bit out of place on a top mount manifold, it should have a GT30 sitting on there really:)

this is great to hear dale, REALLY looking forward to seeing V2 :) whats the plan with mapping etc? what are you expecting to get out of this build? i know you stated a power but i mean driveability wise, quick spool and continuous power to high up the revs? lot more torques?

excited for you dale and best of luck, i stripped my engine on an engine stand and getting the timing cover off like this was fiddley enough, making sure dont damage the mating surfaces. Respect.

bet the top mount looks the absolute tits!

Most poeple would have gone sr20DE+T, so what you`ve done/doing is even more impressive. Good luck Dale.

Back
Top Bottom