P1010314.jpg

Air Filter Location:
P1010309.jpg

P1010311.jpg

Engine bay shots:
P1010306.jpg

P1010305.jpg

P1010307.jpg

It started up first turn of the key too, the bad bit was it pissed down before i could check it over for leaks and bleed the system:( Its awfully noisey with no exhaust:lol:

Don't fancy a solid front mount do ya?

I'll see how i go with the prothane one back in, i used it before and i was still getting some 'free play' movement which i think was down to size of the orignal bolt being too small in diameter to fill the metal insert.

Ive put a fatter bolt in now, so hopefully it does the trick, if not, then i'll give you a shout Sam.

The prothane ones are pretty sturdy in any case, nice to have a slight bit of flex, otherwise something else might break, such as a mounting bolt.

UPDATE ON PROGRESS
So managed to get back out there for 20minutes and run it up to bleed the cooling system and check for leaks...im pleased to say, everythings spot on.:woohoo:

so how does this work, fusion msport plug in the gti maf, plug in their computer, twiddle with some things and then start the car up?

Correct.

We'll start the car first though, so he has something to work off. It will run, but very poorly.

Almost forgot, heres my new Prosport Wideband lambda kit/gauge i installed when i put the JWT cams in.
Bosch 4.9 heated 5 wire o2 sensor
Reads AFR's from 10:1 to 20:1

P1010319.jpg

Turbo back Exhaust system is done, MIJ made me 3" turbo elbow into a 2.5" downpipe with flexi.
The system is then Decatted and 2.5" right through.

It sounds awesome, and loud, with a hint of Subaru-ness burble.
P1030333.jpg

Im now going to proceed to shove my knob up the tailpipe and shag my car.:lol:

Turbo back Exhaust system is done, MIJ made me 3" turbo elbow into a 2.5" downpipe with flexi.
The system is then Decatted and 2.5" right through.

It sounds awesome, and loud, with a hint of Subaru-ness burble.
P1030333.jpg

Nice Dale - you're gonna have fun with that ! :D Be interesting to hear the exhaust note !

classic!

awesome dale, did you get away with the off centre hole?

any other shots from a different angle, see how they did the wastgate part?

Well we only just about got away with it, i slotted it but its still slightly too far off really, but it works.

These are all the pics i took earlier on today, i can try and get some better ones if needed.

P1030336.jpg

P1030334.jpg

As you can see the they have used a 3" pipe and sort of beat it into shape to fit the flange :) Its stays 3" until just past the alternator, then tapers into 2.5", where you can see my lovely wideband o2 sensor.

P1030335.jpg

Overall, very pleased with the outcome and the price wasnt bad either at £160.00 all in (including fitting my decat pipe and fitting a new exhaust hanger on the backbox).

Off to Fusion Motorsport tommorrow for mapping on the road and then onto the dyno at 4pm.

Back
Top Bottom