Almera TSi

this is great to hear dale, REALLY looking forward to seeing V2 :) whats the plan with mapping etc? what are you expecting to get out of this build? i know you stated a power but i mean driveability wise, quick spool and continuous power to high up the revs? lot more torques?

Im going down fusion motorsport and surrey rolling road on friday for mapping.
But yeah, im hoping i dont loose too much of its old character, it was very instant power before.
This new setup should see it reach full boost very slightly later, but importantly it will flow much better up top, so i can make some better numbers. Currently my torque peaks at 3800rpm, so i m hoping it will peak nearer 4750-5000rpm with the larger turbo and cams etc.

As long as it feels fast, the power is useable, and the car is reliable i'll be happy.

Well, managed to get a bit more done today, took a few pics along the way.

Timing cover, sump and belts refitted:
PC300269.jpg

PC300270.jpg

Protech manifold and Garrett GT22-52 turbocharger installed.
PC300268.jpg

Turbo Oil drain line
PC300275.jpg

Some intercooler pipe added
PC300271.jpg

PC300272.jpg

PC300273.jpg

Intake manifold removed
PC300288.jpg

PC300277.jpg

More updates Tomorrow:)

As long as it feels fast, the power is useable, and the car is reliable i'll be happy.

Well, yeah :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously though that's looking really neat and I wish you the best of luck on Friday mate. I'd come keep you company if I wasnt helping my sis get the venue ready for her wedding the next day!

Well, yeah :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously though that's looking really neat and I wish you the best of luck on Friday mate. I'd come keep you company if I wasnt helping my sis get the venue ready for her wedding the next day!

What i meant was, ive got a dilemma at the minute whether to risk reliability and run a higher boost pressure to allow me to make over 200hp (the magic number), or play it safe and run 14psi for 180-190hp.

Im very undecided on that one, i'll make a decision on the dyno day. Might have to find a happy medium.

looks AMAZING with the pipework routed like that!

what liquid gasket did you use Loctite 574

Strange that you have room for another belt on your crank pulley?? supercharger/turbo GA for stage 3 perhaps??? :D

New intake manifold fitted with larger 60mm T.B opening to suit SR20DE throttle body.
GA16DE Sentra Fuel Rail and 330cc Injectors installed.
EGR deleted.
PC310289.jpg

PC310291.jpg

Injectors wired up and stock T.B installed (for now)
PC310295.jpg

Pipework all plumbed in, still needs tweaking.
PC310303.jpg

Just fluids and some tweaking tommorrow, and then i'll get it running.

Paul (Cov) was definately right when he said "You just know know Dale's going to love installing all that":cool:.

Wow..thats awesome :eek: Great job you doin' :D

Funny that you almost can't see the engine from that angle, goes to show ya how small a GA14 really is :D

my god dale i love you haha looks superb!!

inlet look so much better decluttered!

please solder them injector connections though :/

Yeah the inlet is real pretty, just a shame you can't even see it now!
Maybe a wire tuck for the future?

Is there any partical reason i should solder them, or are we just talking aesthetically here?
I intend to cover them in black electrical tape tomorrow to tidy it up a bit.
My soldering skills arent great, but maybe your right, ive got the equipment in any case.

im just being picky cus my job makes me do neat wiring jobs lol but just makes the connections a bit more permanent and stronger

in the ghettoooooooooooo scotchy block injector wiring... brave man :lol:

looks sexual. might even have a fap over this later.

nice one, cheers dale might order some tomorrow, never used 574 on an engine before only luke warm oily bits at work thats why i asked :)

That inlet looks well Dale, it all looks very tidy now too... The blue silicone looks great with the white car.
In those last batch of pictures you can really see how close that inlet cam is to the end of the block lol! Real close!
Good work as ever.. If you get stuck this week gimme a heads up as I'm off work too..
Joe

cov and tommo are right dale im shocked you even thought scotch locks were acceptable!! if one isnt mae right you can have a huge ressistance drop accros one and your injectors wont fire.. solder and heat shring dude.. :D get some heat shrink tubes from halfords they work great.. thats what i used on my wiring..

pipework run is spot on :D just need a downpipe now or have you got one?

Haha! All soldered and shrink tubed now, and the wiring has been insulated in black electrical tape. Pics to follow later on.

Yeah i have to collect my turbo elbow flange tommorrow from a laser cutting company, and then its booked in at MIJ on thursday morning for the new downpipe.

Back
Top Bottom