Almera TSi

Frank no the ECU does not do that at all.

Standard map extends to 6400 rpm. Dale's is totally re-written for his car and has none of those stock limitations. Dales engine is eager to make a lot of power. We were being as cautious on the dyno as possible, and tried to a certain extent to limit what it made, but with the wastegate creep it was not that easy.

The issue with why the ECU is not spot on yet is to do with the way Nissan wrote the code on the ECU. Under heavy load it appears to calculate for a few seconds the amount of fuel required some other way than reading from the fuel map, this is wanting to push the fuelling slightly lean (not intended for a turbo car) and so far cannot be compensated for. No other ECCS ecu does this, however Nissan CG/GA series engines do not have 'normal' ECCS ECUs.

looking back, I never really documented much about my recent engine build, so heres just a quick run down of what was replaced.

Low mileage GA16DE (sub 50k miles)
YCP Vitara Pistons (76mm) (8:1CR)
Hastings Rings
ARP Rod Bolts
Genuine Nissan big end bearing shells
Genuine Nissan Head gasket
Genuine Nissan Head Bolts
Genuine Nissan Thermostat
Genuine Nissan Valve Stem Seals
Genuine Nissan front crank seal
Genuine Nissan rear crank seal
Genuine Nissan Valve Cover Gasket

The engine that Nissan 1st sent me was a very clean low mileage example, was very pleased when i lifted the valve cover:

P3180403.jpg

Got a few things in the pipeline for it right now, passed its MOT yesterday...

Currently looking into B13 GA16 ECU compatibility, a lads sellling a JWT unit, so could work out nicely.

The car will be getting an exterior makeover very soon, we're going JDM yo!

So i've been tinkering with a few cosmetic plans/changes over the last week or so, anyone remember the old WORK wheels from the Autech?

From this:

P1010456.jpg

To this:

P1010458.jpg

Gave the bumper a going over too (and removed splitter):

P1010464.jpg

The DIY Orange Corners and White VZR grille (and the new GA16DE Motor):

P1010463.jpg

Should hopefully be getting the tyres swapped over onto the WORK wheels tomorrow so i'll put up some more pics over the weekend once theyre fitted.

you get a ecu soted yet
was talking to ed about it yesterday

Not sorted just yet, Ed is supplying the GTiR ECU, im just trying to source an AUS/US spec GA16DE (95-99) dizzy at the moment so everything can work properly.

Credit to Ed for helping me out, pioneering a UK GA Turbo build has been an expensive PITA.

Then once ive got the new dizzy i'll be going back down to Fusion for another mapping session using the GTiR ECU...ive opted for a road mapping session this time though, and possibly a power run on the RR at the end.

Im debating whether to try and fix the boost creep.. (7psi rising to 14) i kinda like the progressive boost, but then i think of all the extra midrange torque on tap i could have. Will probably try to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom