Almera TSi

Not sorted just yet, Ed is supplying the GTiR ECU, im just trying to source an AUS/US spec GA16DE (95-99) dizzy at the moment so everything can work properly.

Credit to Ed for helping me out, pioneering a UK GA Turbo build has been an expensive PITA.

Then once ive got the new dizzy i'll be going back down to Fusion for another mapping session using the GTiR ECU...ive opted for a road mapping session this time though, and possibly a power run on the RR at the end.

Im debating whether to try and fix the boost creep.. (7psi rising to 14) i kinda like the progressive boost, but then i think of all the extra midrange torque on tap i could have. Will probably try to fix it.

ed is a top bloke does what you ask and knows his shit
would gladly do the 602 mile round trip the next time i need too

Im debating whether to try and fix the boost creep.. (7psi rising to 14) i kinda like the progressive boost, but then i think of all the extra midrange torque on tap i could have. Will probably try to fix it.

if you dont fix it and it gets worse then you have a problem... do you know whats causing it? wastegate?

defo fix the boost creep pal, take the turbo off and grind back the inner ex housing. you know the one, the ghetto mod the starlets do

you mean the starlet owners that fit decats that restrict how much the wastegate opens? eh. naw.

porting out the wastegate isnta ghetto mod, its the way to solve boost creep,that or a bigger turbo / externally wastegated blower

^ got yah, its just something i read a while back. i thought boost creep only occur'd anyways when the engine is majorly labouring ie 40mph in 5th and you floor it and not say 40mph in 2nd??

^ got yah, its just something i read a while back. i thought boost creep only occur'd anyways when the engine is majorly labouring ie 40mph in 5th and you floor it and not say 40mph in 2nd??

dont think so bud, its when the wastegate cant expel enough gas to keep the turbine at a specific speed and as such the speed increases and the boost increases. so it takes effect when booting it.

in my lil bro old 1bar glanza it was only under alot of labour though, i guess more chance with less boost? still it would only go to 1.2bar max

Im sure my boost creep is an easy fix, i have too much pretension on the wastegate flap, which is reducing the amount of travel left for the actuator to open the flap. Just needs adjusting, so the flap can open fully.

I used to get creep on my first turbo setup after fitting a 2.5" turbo back exhaust, that would only creep when under the highest load i.e 4th, 5th gear at high rpm...
I had to port the wastegate on that.

Im sure my boost creep is an easy fix, i have too much pretension on the wastegate flap, which is reducing the amount of travel left for the actuator to open the flap. Just needs adjusting, so the flap can open fully.

I used to get creep on my first turbo setup after fitting a 2.5" turbo back exhaust, that would only creep when under the highest load i.e 4th, 5th gear at high rpm...
I had to port the wastegate on that.

Having too much pretension on the actuator shouldn't cause boost creep, rather just increase the boost level.

Boost creep is simply caused by an inadequate wastegate...it simply doesn't flow enough to bypass the turbine, thus the boost keeps on going.

I always had the same issue...the cure, a big wanging external wastegate...never had an issue since.

When you see the difference in size, you'll see why you had boost creep in the first place.

Nevermind my flaps, feast your eyes on this:

P1010469.jpg

P1010465.jpg

Ended up getting 4 new tyres, now wrapped in Toyo T1R's.

Rediculous amounts of win!

Agreed, it looks stunning, can you think of one thing its missing, just one thing that needs doing to make it all work? i can *winks*

I reckon the strip above the rear number plate black :)

looks awesome Dale the wheels look great

Cheers Lads.

Will get the mirrors colour coded soon.

Dunno about the rear number plate strip though. Do they just clip off Sam?

Lucino rear lights from the Autech will finish the rear end off niceley. Has to be done.

Back
Top Bottom