Almera TSi

You could try Hi-tec in Cradley Heath for a power run at £30...
The guy down there seems very friendly.
Let me know if you decide to go down there, and I'll bring mine down for a power run also :) just outta interest.

Car has now been re-mapped again, now using a Nismo FPR.

A few recent pics:

ryansfishingpics002.jpg

ryansfishingpics005.jpg

ryansfishingpics006.jpg

As usual things never go to plan, i intended to get the car RR'd at the begining of January. Now the ECU is sorted other problems have cropped up.
MOT in February, once thats sorted ive got to get a new uprated clutch, new front engine mount bush and a flexi intalled in my downpipe. After that hopefully a Power Run.

Im happy enough with the power now, and ive certainly achieved (eventually) what i intended to do, and that was to create a car that was capable of giving hot hatches a good run for their money and get me somewhere nearish to mid 7 second 0-60's and 15 second 1/4 mile times.

Cant wait till summer, Bring on the strip and track days!

Cheers

It drives much smoother now with the remap on the Nismo FPR. The FSE FPR wasnt completely at fault though, the ECU itself has some strange things going on, and refused to inject large quantities of fuel at less than 3900rpm creating some rather large flatspots. We got round it in the end and it drives much better now.

Had a play with a CTR the other night and he couldnt shake me off, even when i had a car full of heavy tools. Top end speed is quite impressive too, I think it will easily top 125mph now, if not more.

AFRs are sitting at a very rich 11:1 under boost and the ignition timing is very conservative, so theres more power there for the taking. Just keeping it safe for now.

Decided it was time to put together a spec sheet for my 1996 'Mera T-Si. Here it is:

SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE
Turbocharged GA14DE (1398cc) engine (9.5:1 CR)
Cast Iron GA14DE block
Ported and polished P10 GA16DE Low port Cylinder Head
GA16DE Valves / Camshafts
Port Matched Intake Manifold
Polished Throttle Body
Steel Mesh Cone Air Filter
KKK Turbo (K03) with Modified Garret T25 Wastegate Actuator
Sytec Twin piston Adjustable BOV
2.5” Intercooler Pipe work and Front Mounted Intercooler
1.75” Ceramic Coated and heat wrapped Exhaust Manifold
2 ¼” downpipe into 2.5” decatted SS System (MIJ)
Turbosport Manual Boost Controller set at 10psi
SR20DE Fuel Rail & 256cc Top Feed Injectors
S15 200SX Fuel Pump
Nismo FPR
PCV System
Remapped Nissan Micra K11 ECU

WHEELS & SUSPENSION
15” Wolfrace Sumo Alloys with 195/45/15 Nankang Ditch finder Tyres
Apex Lowering Springs Front and Rear

TRANSMISSION
OEM 1999 GA14DE gearbox
Slick50 gearbox treatment
Stage 3 XTD 6 Puck Clutch
GA16DE Fidanza Flywheel

BRAKES
Front:
GTi Disks and Calipers
Rear:
OEM Rear Drums and shoes
DOT 4 Fluid

INTERIOR
Dash Mounted TIM Boost gauge
Sparco Carbon Pedals
Rear Seats and Belts Removed
Parcel Shelf Removed
Rear Carpet Removed
Spare Wheel Removed
Sound Deadening Removed

COSMETICS
VZR Front Grille

POWER and TORQUE
142bhp/138ftlbs
112 WHP

PERFORMANCE
Guestimate 0-60mph in around 7.5 seconds.
1/4 Mile: 15.5 @ 87.6 mph
Top Speed: 130mph

Hi! Nice car! I´m faszinated!;)

Were did you get the new ECU!

You have a 1.4l engine but you also write that you have an 1.6l cylinder head? How does this work?
They are different!:confused:

I wish I would live in UK! In Germany it´s very hard to get some more power!:rolleyes:

Hi! Nice car! I´m faszinated!;)

Were did you get the new ECU!

You have a 1.4l engine but you also write that you have an 1.6l cylinder head? How does this work?
They are different!:confused:

I wish I would live in UK! In Germany it´s very hard to get some more power!:rolleyes:

The ECU (which is made in Germany) is from a K11 Nissan Micra and mapped by Fusion Motorsport.
The 1.4 and 1.6 engines share basically the same engine, just different capacity and very minor differences. The head goes straight on with no modification.

Yes I read that this is a BOSCH product! But K11 is interesting!

I know that the GA14 and GA16 are very similar but the bores and stokes are different! So how do you get a 1.4l piston in a 1.6l head? Or do you use 1.6l pistons!

Have you any problems with the clutch?

The pistons dont go into the head? The combustion chamber size is exactly the same on the 1.4 and 1.6 so there are no issues.

Yeah i have problems with the clutch though, im buying a 4 puck race clutch in the next few weeks to handle the newly found torque.

Thats misterious!

The combustion chamber can´t have the same size cause one is an 1.6l and the other is an 1.4l! Bores and strokes of both engines are different!

Bore:
1.4l 73.6mm
1.6l 76.0mm

Stroke
1.4l 81.8mm
1.6l 88.0mm

So good luck with the new clutch! Do you use an GA14 clutch! I found only 1.6l clutches!

The car passed its MOT last week.

Was a bit concerned about the emissions test, especially since my lambda sensor is currently disconnected (its faulty). But yeah it went through okay, no car swapping required.

No Advisories given.

If youre interested, the emissions readings were:

Fast Idle Test

CO - 0.02 % (Limit =< 0.20%)
HC - 72 ppm (Limit =< 200ppm)
Lambda - 1.029 (Limit 0.97v - 1.03v)

Natural Idle

CO - 0.00%

No, id still like to get one though because they are very useful.

At the time it was a choice between Wideband sensor or a Rolling road session, due to funds.

I chose the RR session at Aldon, and thats where the fuel system downfalls were discovered.

Are you going to go to aldon again at any time?, as I live literally 2 mins away ;)
Also Dale, I'm in the process of having some titanium conrod bolts made at mates rates if you fancy a set for the future?
Gonna be getting a price in the next few months as soon as I've ripped my engine apart :)
They're most likely gonna be cheap as my dads mate owns a bolt company.

Back
Top Bottom