Andrew's new piccies

rhyd4 said:
looking good, have you got any parts for the sr20 like header, cams, flywheel clutch etc? be worth doing bits before it goes back in.

clutch and flywheel have been ordered

sri_alanHey Andrew, what was the problem with the driveshafts? was it the supporting bearing? Im doing my flywheel at the moment and was a bit thrown by the driveshafts, leaving it till tomorrow. What colour are the 2.0 driveshafts? Mine are bright green?!

Project is looking good though, it'll be a nice way to finish off your car!.

the drivers side one is easily removed, its just bolted on to the block so remove the bolts and lever it out, there's also a ring piece which is bolted to the block what the shaft goes thro remove this to

the passengers was the cunt, tricky getting in about to lever it free, this has a green end on it

the

Andrew, did you had to made the adapter to fit correct FTO's caliper?

566 said:
Andrew, did you had to made the adapter to fit correct FTO's caliper?

no the caliper fixings on the almera and the fto ones are at the same spacing, may just need a couple of washers to push the caliper out a bit

not got them fitted yet

Andrew smith said:
no the caliper fixings on the almera and the fto ones are at the same spacing, may just need a couple of washers to push the caliper out a bit

not got them fitted yet
Why not?
Do you know if the Diamant-Sigma brakes are the same as Fto's ones?

As I can see I won't have any troubles to fit FTO brakes on Almera)

566 said:
Why not?
Do you know if the Diamant-Sigma brakes are the same as Fto's ones?

As I can see I won't have any troubles to fit FTO brakes on Almera)

Havent got them fitted as the car has no engine at the muinite so its a bit pointless fiting them untill the engine is in,

i know they will fit as i have trial fitted them earlier

mboylan86 said:
looks brilliant mate, like the rear lights

cheers, a lot of the members cars have the lights painted like this

Andrew smith said:
Havent got them fitted as the car has no engine at the muinite so its a bit pointless fiting them untill the engine is in,

i know they will fit as i have trial fitted them earlier
Thanks! I will order DE3A's (Diamant's) brakes)

little update

back to work so getting things done more slowly now

got the engine bay sprayed black

DSC00376.jpg

and have started cleaning up the engine, it's a slow job

newengine015.jpg

newengine013.jpg

newengine012.jpg

got the 4 pulleys off to sending them away to a place in kent that makes them, so will get lightened ones back

WOW, how clean is that engine. Are you a engineer etc? Because you seem to be doing a bloody good job with this.

GTi kurt said:
WOW, how clean is that engine. Are you a engineer etc? Because you seem to be doing a bloody good job with this.

haha na i know feck all bout engines just learning as i go, iv sprayed it aluminium colour thats why its so clean lookin

Andrew smith said:
haha na i know feck all bout engines just learning as i go, iv sprayed it aluminium colour thats why its so clean lookin

i thought u had sprayed it. at first i was gonna ask what you done to clean it then seen the rocker cover. Looking good likes, will you have to wait long for the pulleys?

Like the bay black.

Matt

Andrew smith said:

Oh right, thought that must of took ages to clean.

But seen as your pulling engines out, making SR20 brackets etc, haven't you thought of a DET swap instead.

you must have spent a fortune on spray paint, can't understand why you have painted the engine bay black on a green car?? look's like you're doin a good job though

shaun said:
you must have spent a fortune on spray paint, can't understand why you have painted the engine bay black on a green car?? look's like you're doin a good job though

Black engine bay will look good, all S14a come like that.

What paint did you use to spray the engine, will it not just flake off?

What engine modifications are you going for?

Well the finish is pretty good. What did you use to remove all the grime and grease off the engine before you sparyed it or wasnt it that bad?

Andrew smith said:
lol thats probably why lol i thorght it was a new engine or a very clean one

shaun said:
can't understand why you have painted the engine bay black on a green car??

well the bay was needed sprayed, and its nae that easy getting the car to the bodyshop without front wheels, also there's black trim on the car already and the wheels are black, once the engine is in you wont see much of it anyway

Slick Rick said:
Well the finish is pretty good. What did you use to remove all the grime and grease off the engine before you sparyed it or wasnt it that bad?

just used degreaser and petrol,

MLEP2005 said:
what spray is that you sprayed the engine with, where can i get some? thanks

its just halfords aluminium spray,

Seen the engine and bay today and they both look brilliant.

Also seen my old car :( and got some bits off it. Cheers again Andy for the bits.

Back
Top Bottom