Andrew's new piccies

GTi kurt said:
So well modded, but a GTi should be a everyday 'fast' car imo.

Agreed. I drive the Autech all the time, rain or sun. I can't see the point in having a car and no using it, by all means take the steps to ensure the car doesn't rust or get damaged (as I have) - Undersealing the car and making sure it's always clean and 2-3 coats of carnuba wax every few weeks to keep the paint protected etc.

Even if I had a show car RX-7 (one day :p ) I'd still use it, it's such a shame to have to put away a car just because it's a little damp.

Still a top quality Almera for sure. :)

My Dad's has had a 64 Corvette Stingray valued at £30k, a 59 Corvette valued at £35k and now has just bought a 57 Chevy, but all of them he's so mega anal about not using them it's such a waste, to some extent I agree, my car isn't worth £30k+, but I don't think it's about the value of the car or what you'll get back from it (which applies to changing it/modifying it).

I always here "You'll never get back what you've spent", but for me that's not the point, I bought the car to enjoy it, I mod it to make it more enjoyable, but to spend that much money and hide it away and not use it? Crazy...

gorgeous car mate, this picture made me wee a little bit...

frontgood.jpg

Benskett said:
Agreed. I drive the Autech all the time, rain or sun. I can't see the point in having a car and no using it, by all means take the steps to ensure the car doesn't rust or get damaged (as I have) - Undersealing the car and making sure it's always clean and 2-3 coats of carnuba wax every few weeks to keep the paint protected etc.

Even if I had a show car RX-7 (one day :p ) I'd still use it, it's such a shame to have to put away a car just because it's a little damp.

Still a top quality Almera for sure. :)

i would love to use it every day, but i would just be building up the mileage in it going back and fore to work (800m mile a month) a fair bit of cash when filling it up with v-power at £1.08 per litre

up untill 2 years ago it was used every day all year round, its just the past 2 winters and this year that its hardly moved, due to working on the car.

plus i have 2nd car which i cheaper to run,

Darren198712 said:
its looking good. love them number plates that stick out too (3D)

they are Pressed alloy plates from Dubmeister (the vw people)

Had my car 6 yrs and covered nearly 50k. Its in its retirement yrs now ( but still thrashed to an inch of its life every time i do drive it! ).

Just an idea andrew, are you going to be smoothing off the side repeaters in the wings when it gets resprayed? As you have the JDM bulge indicators now, and it would look great with the whole 'smooth' look. Also will you be removing the front air dam from the phase 2 bumper? Small changes but could make a big difference?

You need side repeaters in this country, my autech came with the bulge indicators and has had repeaters added. If you look closely, you will see that the repeaters have been put in alot lower on the wing that a normal almera.

I thought that was as a precautionary measure? The rules for MoT IIRC is that you need to be able to see the front indicators flashing if you stand level with the rear bumper, 3 feet away.

Corbs said:
Just an idea andrew, are you going to be smoothing off the side repeaters in the wings when it gets resprayed? As you have the JDM bulge indicators now, and it would look great with the whole 'smooth' look. Also will you be removing the front air dam from the phase 2 bumper? Small changes but could make a big difference?

would like to get rid of the mesh, and get a standard plastic air dam for the centre and fog light blanks also. that would tidy up the front end

well was planning removing the side repeaters untill, alan said this

sri_alan said:
You need side repeaters in this country, my autech came with the bulge indicators and has had repeaters added. If you look closely, you will see that the repeaters have been put in alot lower on the wing that a normal almera.

i will have a word with my local mot centre, see if it would pass or not,

mind you Bensekett's autech hasent got any side repeaters,

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=19773&highlight=Benskett

I'm sure you don't need side repeaters, its just if you have them they have to work and have the correct coloured bulbs etc.....

as long as the bulge in the indicator can be seen from a certain position at the back of the car it will be a pass an MOT and side repeaters are not needed.

If you cannot see the bulge from the back it is an MOT failiure and will not pass its test.

Its all clearly written in the VOSA manual, if the buldge can be seen from the back of the car then you donot need side repeaters.

Basically the buldge in the indicator is a kind of built in side repeater, its not to "look cool" or "jdm y0" like most people think. The reason they have the bulge in the indicator is so they don't have ugly repeaters sticking out their wing's.

syms said:
as long as the bulge in the indicator can be seen from a certain position at the back of the car it will be a pass an MOT and side repeaters are not needed.

If you cannot see the bulge from the back it is an MOT failiure and will not pass its test.

Its all clearly written in the VOSA manual, if the buldge can be seen from the back of the car then you donot need side repeaters.

Basically the buldge in the indicator is a kind of built in side repeater, its not to "look cool" or "jdm y0" like most people think. The reason they have the bulge in the indicator is so they don't have ugly repeaters sticking out their wing's.

i have noticed that you can see the indicator from the back of the car easily flashing

only thing with the bulge indicators is the orange part will have to remain, as there is deflector fins on it to shine the orange light into the bulge part. i dont mind leaving it in, doesent look to bad.

aww well the new wings can be flushed then :D

Darren198712 said:
its looking good. love them number plates that stick out too (3D)

eyes of a bloody hawk you lad!

Oh and regarding the indicators:

get indicators in your wingmirrors ;)

quickdraw said:
eyes of a bloody hawk you lad!

Oh and regarding the indicators:

get indicators in your wingmirrors ;)

na im nae into that indicators in the wing mirrors, the bulge indicators will be just fine.

chrome parts

got a few bits chromed for the engine bay, not going to go as far as the "flamera" tho

brackets- thottle pulley

chromeengineparts1001.jpg

rocker cover that i got from rick- was already chromed

chromeengineparts1003.jpg

SR20DE Engine Rebuild

Well iv bought onother SR20DE engine for the car

did think of rebuilding the one in the car but i want to use the car this year,
so this is a long term project. However i would like to get the new one fitted before the summer

I will get piccies up along the way.

still awaiting a engine stand so havent got started yet :(

heres the plan,

Parts on order

“Eagle” Rods with ARP studs
“Nismo” SR16VE pistons and rings
“Cometic” Metal Head Gasket
“JWT” Intake Valve Guides
“JWT” Exhaust Valve Guides
“Gspec” Alu Crank Pulley
“Gspec” Alu Water pump pulley
“Nismo” FPR

Parts from existing engine

“JWT” S3 Cams
“JWT” Adjustable cam sprockets
Nissan 300zx Fuel Filter
Alu Powersteering Pulley
Alu Altenator Pulley
“Fidanza” Flywheel
“ACT” 6-puck clutch
“Outlaw” Thermal Spacers
“BMC” CDA
4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold
2.5” Exhaust system
“Dastek” uni-chip ( Will need get it remaped)

Bits Already got

Ported Intake Manifold
Ported and Enlarged Throttle Body
Nissan Seals / Gaskets

Still to get

Head ported and polished
ARP head studs etc
Springs ?
Valves
injectors ?

im supposed to be saving up for a respray as well :lol:

....and i cant wait!

If you plan to stick with s3rs keep the existing valve springs, the existing valves should also be fine.

Stock injectors set to 4bar are good for 200whp, so bigger injectors aren`t really needed either.

Back
Top Bottom