Andrew's new piccies

no new mods, but lotts more in the pipe line

just been keeping her clean, im into my detailing the now, trying various combinations of prouducts to get the best reflections/ shine from the car

its my every day runner, so needs to be kept maintained regurally

sat070.jpg

sat073-1.jpg

sat084.jpg

sat017.jpg

sat036.jpg

really is stunning that car, not a huge fan of body mods and even though this has so many there all small and subtle which i really like, makes a huge difference overall but theres no one thing you can say makes or breaks the car

k33 elv said:
Sexy. What's in the pipeline?!

well car's going off road agina this winter

coilovers are comeing very soon :D :D

and GTI ENGINE CONVERSION,

I know peeps will slate this idea, (its not worth it, buy a gti etc), but iv done so much to the car, it would be rude not to do the engine to,

im trying to be different with this car, and hopefully suceed, show peeeps that 5-doors can be just as good as 3-doors, the auzzies, are running tuned pulsar gti-r engines in their 5-doors, so its kinda inspired me

sprint said:
really is stunning that car, not a huge fan of body mods and even though this has so many there all small and subtle which i really like, makes a huge difference overall but theres no one thing you can say makes or breaks the car

thats my idea, lotts of small bits, clean and simple, body is basically finished, few small bits here an there, and respray early next year (im keepin the colour)

most people dont notice most of the body mods unless you point them out, which i dont mind, but these make it all work

Definatley, would be really sad if you sold the car andbought a 3-door GTi, yeah it'd be cheaper but would it be as rewarding, im excited for it!

K33 ELV said:
Definatley, would be really sad if you sold the car andbought a 3-door GTi, yeah it'd be cheaper but would it be as rewarding, im excited for it!

iv no intention of tunning the tits of the engine, just manifold, flywheel, maybee cams

mainly just get it all cleaned/ polished up, silicone hoses etc

have thought of buying a gti and swapping the kit, etc over , and scrapping this one- but its all been done to a 3-door gti

Andreus84 said:
nice lookin car mate, wish my 5dr looked as good
With time and effort it could, mate ;)
Shame that you're not coming to newcastle Andrew, would have loved to see this car for real!

It one of my favourite cars on here its immaculate!!! Id do the SR20 swap its different and will suprise people when you floor it lol

Garnz said:
It one of my favourite cars on here its immaculate!!! Id do the SR20 swap its different and will suprise people when you floor it lol

cheers mate, dinna think its that imaculate, got the rust comeing thro on the arches, but will be repaired,

aye the engine is hapening, hopeing to get the doner car up the road this month, so i can make a start on it

i have never been in a gti, so nae sure how quick they really are, doesent really help me as dinna what it will be like when done

think you should put an autech lump in it and sell off the rest of the bits :P

(kinda hoping your drunk when you read that so it makes sense)

gti engine doner car arrived

well iv finally got the gti up from edinburgh for the conversion into the sri

its ricks old gti- some of you will recogonise her

sat186.jpg

sat183.jpg

sat184.jpg

sat179.jpg

sat175.jpg

the engine :D

sat187.jpg

thanks rick, and blackredtribal (nice to meet ya) for getting the car onto the trailer.

K33 ELV said:
What's the schedule then Andrew? any idea?

take the engine out of the GTI, clean her up etc,
then, take the engine out of the sri, spray engine bay, then install engine.

going to replace a few bits allong the way, it wont be running standard ;)

nae idea when i will swap them, taking the sri off the road all winter again this year, so got a few months to get it done

Back
Top Bottom