Andrew's new piccies

what you doing with the brakes mate?? I'm currently doing a conversion as well with a primera sr20de motor. I've got some gti calipers and just mintex pads and disks for now, hopefully with a gti axle on the back. Keep us posted with how yours is going and good luck. If I get any little niggles i'll let you know too!

MLEP2005 said:
what you doing with the brakes mate?? I'm currently doing a conversion as well with a primera sr20de motor. I've got some gti calipers and just mintex pads and disks for now, hopefully with a gti axle on the back. Keep us posted with how yours is going and good luck. If I get any little niggles i'll let you know too!

am not giving much away with the brakes but rowdy-gti knows what it is

they are possibly the first to be fitted to a almera to :D

here's the calipers, 2 pots, and the arent from a nissan ;)

2364.jpg

these will be mated up with 280mm disks , goodridge stainless brake hoses and EBC Red stuff pads

Andrew smith said:
am not giving much away with the brakes but rowdy-gti knows what it is

they are possibly the first to be fitted to a almera to :D

here's the calipers, 2 pots, and the arent from a nissan ;)

2364.jpg

these will be mated up with 280mm disks , goodridge stainless brake hoses and EBC Red stuff pads

Hmm... not from a Nissan... Is it **Decided to remove my guess incase I was spoiling the suprise. PM'd Andy instead** ? I'm sure I read about that somewhere...

better piccies with coilovers

got some better piccies with the coilovers today, unfortunately the sun wasent oot

lowered the front a bit another 25mm

newlow014.jpg

newlow010.jpg

newlow006.jpg

it could maybee go down a bit more but id struggle to get into ma garage

Hmmm...yea i can see what your talking about now with that gap on the side skirts by the rear door. That's just nit picking though...
Looking sexy as ever as usual!!

Slick Rick said:
Hmmm...yea i can see what your talking about now with that gap on the side skirts by the rear door. That's just nit picking though...
Looking sexy as ever as usual!!

that will be removed yet once it goes into the bodyshop next year ;)

new brakes

after some advice from Rowdy-gti on a brake set up for the car once the gti engine is in place iv went for the suggestion

as far as we are aware this is a first for a almera :D

here goes

calipers- Mitsuibushi FTO GPX twin pot's

newbrakes032.jpg

newbrakes033.jpg

newbrakes034.jpg

Disks- Renault Clio sport 280mm disks

newbrakes035-1.jpg

newbrakes036.jpg

this will be paired up with Almera gti Stainless steel hoses and EBC Red stuff pads

how much roughly for the set up and would these offer greater stopping power than standard gti brakes? fairly easy swap?

andrewb said:
how much roughly for the set up and would these offer greater stopping power than standard gti brakes? fairly easy swap?

the calipers were £100 for the pair, Disks £50 so cheaper than buying new gti calipers and disks

they are bound to be better than the gti's they have twin pots over one and the fto gpx is a 2.0 V6 that weighs a tonne so they will easily stop the mera

Looking good Andy.......the bigger discs also act as a larger lever in the stopping the car and shed heat faster.

rowdy-GTi said:
Looking good Andy.......the bigger discs also act as a larger lever in the stopping the car and shed heat faster.

cheers ian, going to do a trial fit tomorrow so fingers crossed

do you need any other mods to fit the brakes or will the caliper holes match the gti. also i assume that these calipers cover a 2800 mm disk as standard and that the disk bolts spaces are 4 by 100.
a bit of a stupid question as im sure you have researched this

The calipers have the same bolt spacing as a N15. The FTO runs these calipers with a 280mm disc but they have a different PCD, but clio 280mm discs have a 4x100PCD.

mmm let us all know how these brakes perform as id like some good brakes lol

are you upgrading the rears aswell?

rowdy-GTi said:
The calipers have the same bolt spacing as a N15. The FTO runs these calipers with a 280mm disc but they have a different PCD, but clio 280mm discs have a 4x100PCD.
looking good then, i suppose this is going to be the next brake upgrade for people with bigger alloys, or will these fit under standard 15"?

Back
Top Bottom