Biscuit Build

an 86mm ve at 9k like many run is 25.8m/s so i say you're fine in the respect

however, valvetrain says no to 8250 imo....popped rockers anyone?

Dave manages 8600rpm alright, dont worry about it.

You probably wont need to rev above 8000rpm anyway.

momentarily on stock rods with arp bolts and stock ve valvetrain

on forged rods that piston speeds prolly fine for longer periods, but when are you really gonna be at 8k+ for ages, like i say your rockers will be history before that :lol:

Daves on a 86mm crank tho..

Rockers won't be history at 8k boyo, you know it aswell as i do :)

Im still undecided on two things lol

518s or 520s
90mm or 92mm

I think the 520s would be very twitchy.....we dont have those pussy baby lobes. 8000rpm is easy on a DE.

Why aren`t all the VE crowd utilising their amazing valvetrain and reving to 9000rpm+? All talk. :tt2:

That 86mm comment was to Dale..

How twitchy tho like, 300* duration.. MMMMmm

Wanna get Mongo to get his up and running so then i know how his are..

i've been to 9k regularly :wink:

i made my dd 173whp all the way to 9. it was supposed to be limited to 8500 but jez messed it up, its mapped to 9 thuogh, with no limiter :lol: missed gears not nice!

Craig, I believe DBull threw a rocker when it accidentally revved to like 9500rpm or something on the dyno.

Ammar, i was just saying 86mm or 92mm bore, has nothing to do with rockers flying off, RPM is RPM. Which is why i used Daves as a reference.

Pistons speeds however, you'll be fine at 8250, but i dont think you'lll need to rev that high on a 2.3ltr.

Craig, I believe DBull threw a rocker when it accidentally revved to like 9500rpm or something on the dyno.

Ammar, i was just saying 86mm or 92mm bore, has nothing to do with rockers flying off, RPM is RPM. Which is why i used Daves as a reference.

Pistons speeds however, you'll be fine at 8250, but i dont think you'lll need to rev that high on a 2.3ltr.

Aah right, i gets you. Sorry i mis-understood

So what you say, 92mm?

The Darton Sleeves can be pushed to 92mm safely.. yea

according to a few 24ve's yeh, if its machined and assembled right

but it leaves no room for rebores if anything goes wrong

Yes, 92mm will be okay, but the block will become scrap if it ever needs a rebuild and overbore.

Its the same work involved in doing 90mm or 92mm. The only hang up, is that the 92mm bore is right at the maximum limit.

In this scenario i say- Go hard or go home!

92mm it is then, lol.

The main question is have you got someone that can do the block work and fit the darton sleeves?

I've got 2 people in mind

1 Whos work i have seen, the other who im going to see early next week hopefully

I should have a torque plate by then too :)

Whats the difference between these?

786f_1.jpg

de44_12.jpg

I always thought they only had one design for the SR20

Both Darton Dry Sleeves

I take it the second one has the extra step in the middle to stop it dropping?

Back
Top Bottom