Biscuit Build

ah i seeeeeee, my mistake

yeh with a 91mm crank, stroker torques you won't need mahoosiv revs

Neeever thought I hear that from a petrol head, and a VE head at that. I thought you didnt need torques if you had high revs :P :lol:

look at the videos of him doing a burnout... thats when he hits the limiter.

he has had the 8600 redline since he built the car 4-5 years ago. and the only valvetrain failure was due to the gearbox giving way on the dyno and the engine rocketing over 9300rpm.

he has said it time and time again, DE valvetrain with S + R's is good to 8600. throw in solid lifters and you can keep going!

Neeever thought I hear that from a petrol head, and a VE head at that. I thought you didnt need torques if you had high revs :P :lol:

hang on a bloody minute :lol:

i was just pointing out he'd have moar torques with the stroker crank, not that i like the idea

i'd take high revs and lower torques all day, much more fun on the road :tongue:

trollfacehd.jpg

I'd take my 2 - 5k rpm over limpy no torquey 5 - 8k any day :D

Torques, check.
Turbo, check.

But I digress :off:...

look at the videos of him doing a burnout... thats when he hits the limiter.

he has had the 8600 redline since he built the car 4-5 years ago. and the only valvetrain failure was due to the gearbox giving way on the dyno and the engine rocketing over 9300rpm.

he has said it time and time again, DE valvetrain with S + R's is good to 8600. throw in solid lifters and you can keep going!

I had an 8200 RPM limit when we first built the Micra, back in 2005 and that was upped to 8500 rpm when I got the Power FC management in early 2007.

When I changed up to the bigger GT30 hybrid, I upped it to 8600 rpm, only stopping at that due to the average piston speed.

I hit the limiter everytime I drive the car and if you watch some of the new videos that I posted up from Crail a few weeks ago, you will hear the limiter being hit very often.

No issues, if done properly!

Don't get me wrong, the VE valvetrain is far superior, but 8600 RPM is the most I will go to, as any increase in RPM increases the average piston speed and accelerates wear in the bearings very quickly!

Yeah, and that's why I went with a turbocharger.

My engine makes more power off boost than my 200 BHP DE did and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more power on boost!

^^ i don't think this is about making mega power for ammar though - if it was he wouldn't be sticking with the de :lol:

Back
Top Bottom