Change of direction Daily to Track toy

Update time (no pics so don't worry of a picture overload just yet)

Both roofs were measured up and they are the same between the 3 & 5 door, the plan now is to remove the roof from the donor car and transplant it onto my car. Once this is done the car will be fully prep'd and painted ready for final undersealing of the chassis, fitting of coilovers and then back on the road ready for the summer months.

The paint options have also been confirmed the car will be staying the same colour KL0 but with 200 micron silver flake and another subtle flake to give a personalised look that I hope will set the car off and put an end to the cosmetic side of things.

Hopefully these works will get sorted early next month and I'll have some progress pictures of the other works being carried out.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: edk
A little teaser of a mod currently being tested for suitability
e412c5e0.jpg

7a21584e.jpg

9c7c00bb.jpg

The bonnet dampers are very strong and when closing the bonnet the hinge area sits proud as the force needed to close them is slightly bending the bonnet. Once shut the bonnet just needs pushing down on each side but not an ideal situation. I have pm'd the seller to check if there is anything I can do to lessen the strength of the damper so I'll keep you informed...

Also added to the list of parts in needing of fitting thanks to Garnz for spotting these and Johnny for collecting and holding on to them for me till I pop up and collect them
7d46f30c.jpg

ignore the oil stain it was quickly cleaned off
637e58be.jpg

1424bcb6.jpg

e8112394.jpg

minor damage in need of repair
ad1e9983.jpg

I would be a bit peeved that my engine bay hasn't been given a dust sheet.
I was at first but to be fair the bay will be cleaned prior to engine work being carried out so not really much of an issue.

Nice mod mate & well done for getting the leathers, I think there much better, & comfortable then the standards. How much did they set you back?

Had mine for sale before the new aoc software update, but lucky for me the thread disappeared as I ended up with a 5dr anyway lol.

Nice mod mate & well done for getting the leathers, I think there much better, & comfortable then the standards. How much did they set you back?

Had mine for sale before the new aoc software update, but lucky for me the thread disappeared as I ended up with a 5dr anyway lol.
Saved a £10 off what he had them listed for on ebay.

rich you could try boot lifters off a car with a small boot, they won't be as strong you see :)

....phone....
Was tempted to do that but the kit was same as I used on GTT just for the B15 Sentra later models so I'll wait to see what seller says and in the meantime keep opening and closing the bonnet to see if that helps ease the damper over time, it just appears the bonnet may not be heavy enough compared to the B15 version...

Alrite rich ! Saw those on eBay ! Bargain m8 ! I did enquire but he said postage wouldn't be cheap so didn't bother !
Was gona say hello at jap fest when I was looking round the NPOC stand ! But felt a little intimidated by ya ! I'm a bit of a soft shite like ! Lol ! Next time tho bud ! How much further are you on the n16 ? The primera is awesome by the way !

bonnet dampers look good. are they not adjustable? some dampers simply rotate to adjust. progress looks good tho cant wait to see finished article

Can you not release some of the gas out of them....there might be a tiny grub screw at the bottom of the damper to release it and adjust

...phone...

Managed to get started on fitting sound deadening to the boot area and rear panels of the car. I decided to trial the install on the N16 before undertaking the task on GTT so I am hoping to improve on my technique and ensure the best coverage and not waste any of this stuff.

So with hair dryer and seam roller in hand I set about lining the side where my stealth subwoofer install will be, as this area will really take a battering and there is nothing worse then panel vibration from the outside of the car.

I chose to not add a layer to the existing sound deadening but if anyone recommends adding a layer from previous experience please advise?
262630bd.jpg

I was told overlapping the layers provided a better result even though it doesn't look the cleanest of installs
6ea75e25.jpg

I found a small area of surface rust that needs treatment near the rear brace so I left this area and will cover once I have treated the rust.
7b472bda.jpg

Again I didn't overlap the exisiting layer where the spare wheel sits
02cb6849.jpg

Just the other side to do then to remove all trim panels from the tailgate and towards the roof and apply a layer
93e75fbd.jpg

Thanks for looking hopefully the next update will include the latest install and sunroof and then the car getting a new layer of paint on...

Good work mate. I'd like to improve the sound deadening on mine too but can't bring myself to add more weight to the car! heh

Good work mate. I'd like to improve the sound deadening on mine too but can't bring myself to add more weight to the car! heh
Think of it this way the weight you will save with the bonnet GB you can offset with the sound deadening. I lost 3 stone last year so the weight loss saved in that way more then makes up for the added weight to sound proof the panels... ;)

All boot, tailgate and rear trim removed and more sound X deadening fitted to the outer rear qtr panels and upper panels above and behind rear speakers. Next job is to apply to tailgate and underneath the rear seats and doors, also added a layer to the existing deadening in the boot to give it a more uniform finish.

Minor update as more sound-x gets fitted to the passenger door and I'm improving on my installation technique and each panel gets tidier and most importantly I'm not needing to add additonal layers (patchwork quilt like) due to not fitting the correct sized pieces.

A few images of the work unfolding:
Drivers door with a few more bits requiring coverage
3725c83e.jpg

9ae7b115.jpg

23f3d3c7.jpg

267d3589.jpg

Passenger door ready for install
fda2c046.jpg

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom