Change of direction Daily to Track toy

Fair play, grilles looking good :)

-phone-
Why thank you young sir praise from the pioneer in this mod on these shores is always most welcome ;)

Another brief update the bumper and bonnet are getting even closer to completion with another part of the lip/skin being welded and panel beaten to suit the required curve of the grill/bumper. A few pictures of where we are now with it and how close we are to being ready to paint.

35b82af6.jpg

87d0680a.jpg

14409b5e.jpg

b3ab46e5.jpg

Another angle
34b929b8.jpg

da23e782.jpg

c421f231.jpg

Looking mean
6bb47ecd.jpg

Still some work required on the finishing off of the bumper
fdefdc9c.jpg

Almost there
71e83e4f.jpg

d4697b98.jpg

Few more with the bonnet open
076368b2.jpg

fde7928d.jpg

8857804d.jpg

In preparation for fitting my Meister-R coilovers I've been soaking the rear bolts with WD40 and wiring brushing the ends of the bolts to make things a little bit easer to get off. Hopefully the car will be seeing paint this week along with some lowering and time permitting a little bit of polybush lushness.

Thanks for looking

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

just be careful with the bolts at the rear but they are so easily snapped or rounded
Cheers bud, that's why I am soaking them in WD40 in preparation for removal this weekend. I wonder what the motivation was to put these bolts on the outside/underneath of the car where they can weather and be affected by the elements and rust?

The end is in sight as yes you guess it paint was being applied to the front end and the side skirts and rear arch rust has been addressed. Hopefully all will be sorted and ready for collection tomorrow when I plan to through on the coilovers.

Here a couple of pictures forwarded to me by my paint guy.
47b1155f.jpg

8e9b22ba.jpg

Kid in a candy store feeling is growing can't wait to see it in the flesh.

looking good so far bud, I think we all have that child inside when getting parts or work done to our car and its almost time to get it back :D

-- sent from my slider --

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/richardroc/N16 - Nissan Almera/Bodyshop 31_03_12/6bb47ecd.jpg

why do this remind me of an alien.

good work tho rich love how much attention you put into your cars

Cheers so much for not doing much to this one...

Hope you enjoy all the poly bushes dude, got enough to keep you busy for a while!

Should keep me quiet for a little while I guess thanks again Ben.

looking good so far bud, I think we all have that child inside when getting parts or work done to our car and its almost time to get it back :D

-- sent from my slider --

I know was tempted to go to bed early just so when I wake I can fly round there and go get it but I'd have been up by 3am so scratch that idea :lol:

Instead I am getting bits together so when I get to the yard I can take the opportunity to get the sound deadening in all the door panels and then put them all back together and fit the coilovers and get the rear beam all prepped for the poly bushes to go in and QT link etc.

Might even get a chance to sort a few bits for GTT as my new turbo elbow to downpipe has arrived and needs some fabricating to fit properly :D

Looking good....

Now the bumper has been re profile... I think it will look allot cleaner...

Grill looks great... you have really pulled this car together quickly... and considering the amount of time and preparation that has gone in to it... I really hope it looks as good on the road as I can see it looking in my head ;)

Another brief update:

Wheels are off car is on axle stands to allow proper fitting of the side skirts and the suspension, finally fitting the coilovers hopefully the ride height isn't too low as currently cannot adjust without adjustment spanners...

but that's another story!
7c331856.jpg

Skirts bolted on in need of final prep ready for paint
7f9d189c.jpg

Now a few more of the front end in primer, awaiting paint
2197ea41.jpg

5ca444e2.jpg

5dee2821.jpg

Side view
f5eeb6e5.jpg

f364ee85.jpg

23affa68.jpg

Snowing???
71388d17.jpg

6f3c86f1.jpg

6b872c7f.jpg

Now the big dilemna with all the paint needed to go on the car front end, tailgate rust removal, rear arches, and possibly the roof if sunroof plans go ahead my paint guy is suggesting painting the entire car as only the doors are not sheduled for paint and well why not do it all so it's a complete match and once done will not require any further work etc.

So I need to decide if I'm willing to be without the car for a few more weeks while additional work is carried out or have the car ready and maybe make an appearence at Winchester???

nah get it all donae at once mate, but looking really good mate alot better than before dude, another n16 i cant wait to see all finished, 4 n16's i cant wait to see lol

I really like what you've done with that front end pal :) and as wolve said I'd get it all done if you can live without it for that long then you know the job will all match up and be mint .

-phone-

yep as said bud if you can wait for it then do, as then your guaranteed a full colour match, really looking forward to seeing it with colour on bud :cool:

Cheers guys am gonna go talk paint options with him over the weekend so can get it all done after we find out if the sunroof swap is going to happen or not?

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Right the full respray is now on the agenda and plans for which are now unfolding. I need some help deciding on the type of flake that would set off the respray. I am tempted with a gunmetal flake but would like to see some examples of flakes on a silver basecoat to decide the best option so please feel free to post up any images you think relevant to show possible options and type of flake?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom