Change of direction Daily to Track toy

A few more bits sorted today while John was working on other jobs and my front bumper when he got a spare moment. The plan is to have everything sorted by the weekend but as we are awaiting a few bits to arrive who knows when we will get everything sorted?

So I decided to add more thinners to the porridge like calliper paint and prep the rear callipers and discs, here are some pics firstly nasty surface rust
8ed50d87.jpg

f71f41a3.jpg

Discs and calliper painted and waiting to dry
b4845244.jpg

80727304.jpg

While waiting for the paint to dry I pressed on with fitting my 3rd brake light vinyl decal
3f261bdc.jpg

1630cf58.jpg

After the paint had cured I decided to throw on the NISSAN decals to finish off the look, I'm not overly happy with the placement of the first "S" so may remove these and replace
bd36576b.jpg

15776b57.jpg

The other side a much better job with the placement
ed4b6654.jpg

6989e6b1.jpg

Time to put the larger ones on the front
ee2fdd0a.jpg

60119b4d.jpg

With the alloys back on
321ef37e.jpg

73f56b69.jpg

048d26e5.jpg

c5552ed3.jpg

e894e201.jpg

Found out that the phase two fog lights use a different bulb and smaller connector then the phase 1 fog lights so another part to hold up the project but with any luck I'll get a set of these soon thanks Ed
a9d59e5e.jpg

36bb20b7.jpg

While this was all going on the bumper was nearing it's finished state with primer applied over the filler. This will be worked down with sandpaper ready for final prep work.
9f55570a.jpg

f25ea13d.jpg

That's all for today as it was one interrupted by other jobs I also started the prep on the side skirts and bump strips ready for painting tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

A definite improvement there with your brakes - a job well worth doing to tidy things up :thumb: As for the bumper/spoiler, it should be interesting to see when it's finished & fitted.

A definite improvement there with your brakes - a job well worth doing to tidy things up :thumb: As for the bumper/spoiler, it should be interesting to see when it's finished & fitted.

Cheers I can't wait to see the finished article also

What paint did you use on the calipers? I'm wanting to do my calipers gold and it looks a really good colour...

The paint was bought of eBay, seller was autostore-uk & product was E-tech brake caliper & engine bay paint obviously gold. £16.79
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_kw...+&+ENGINE+BAY+Paint+KIT+GOLD&_id=160521907626

No pictures today as I didn't spend much time at the yard apart from collecting a replacement backbox and salvaging the clips needed to put the sideskirts on. The sideskirts and rear apron all look good when fitted and there still no sign of the light loom (damn Royal Mail) and the car is almost ready to get painted tomorrow ready to come home Sunday I can't wait.

Today was very productive, finally Royal Mail decided to tell me I had a package that additional postage was required (fog lint connectors were also included top work Mr Price). So I picked this up then grabbed some Gum Gum for repairing my backbox, also grabbed a spare backbox from scrapyard for a £5.

First order of the day get the lights wired up and the foglights which was simple as the colours matched the existing loom. While I was busy grabbing parts etc John had stone guarded the areas that I had previously rust treated for added protection.

906c621a.jpg

bef0d757.jpg

29f0a57b.jpg

897c877e.jpg

95297bee.jpg

Holes drilled for the sideskirts also stone guarded
43ce43e8.jpg

2f397a39.jpg

cff9ee75.jpg

Colour coded bump strips fitted
775f3ce4.jpg

Rust on the drivers door removed and prepped for paint
8aa7fba7.jpg

Rear arches prepped for painting
dff1dfab.jpg

f9613a9b.jpg

02f521ea.jpg

5212ff6e.jpg

Front wing also prepped along with rear boot spoiler
a4350c94.jpg

94bdbc27.jpg

69f4d519.jpg

We called it a day and we will resume tomorrow hopefully without any distractions when I learn to paint and the car gets a fresh look...

Coming on nicely :)

Cheers bud

Looking great bud

Cheers m8

dude that front bumper is terrible :no:

I thought that when I first saw it, felt better about it when I saw it in the flesh and it's grown on me since. The way I see it, for the expense £20 the bumper is worth a shot till my first choice comes around again at much less then the RRP.

I don't expect everyone to like it or even agree with my thinking on this but it's my car & ultimately my choice bud. ;)

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Looking good.
I never drilled holes for side skirts I just glued them on.
Also your sub box will be started tomorrow hopefully as long as my neck is better hurt it fixing my exhaust don't know how.

coming along nicely rich, can't wait to see the finished product :shades:

though i wish i never let slip about the n15 rear splitter as everyone and their sister is getting it done before i get mine done :/

Looking good.
I never drilled holes for side skirts I just glued them on.
Also your sub box will be started tomorrow hopefully as long as my neck is better hurt it fixing my exhaust don't know how.

Cheers bud the bodyshop guy wanted them fitted as per OEM so I sourced the clips from a sad looking P11-144. I'll check the speaker measurements etc & pm them over to you etc

coming along nicely rich, can't wait to see the finished product :shades:

though i wish i never let slip about the n15 rear splitter as everyone and their sister is getting it done before i get mine done :/

I'm glad you did as it was needed as the standard bumper needed something, just to warn ya it's a pain to get to fit properly as the splitter needs shaving etc to match the curve of the bumper and the towing eye is also off so we are either going to enlarge the one on the splitter or fibre glass it and blend it in to the rest of the bumper.

Yer it is lol you can see the dirt Mark from the bit you remove on the car the long bit of the skirt should be at front covering that bit.

Yer it is lol you can see the dirt Mark from the bit you remove on the car the long bit of the skirt should be at front covering that bit.

Hmm well we checked this morning & the larger kickout should be at the rear for the better fit. The rear arch has a dip that the longer piece suits perfectly so as the holes are drilled and the other way round won't match they are going on as you see them lined up

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

On the skirts if there standard n16 there should be a long piece that sticks out at right angle with 2 holes in this, the screws from the old end cap go into these.
On my phone but if you check my members ride thread ive got pics there of mine fitted

Right after an unplanned lie in I made it over to the yard and the bumper was decidedly larger and the phase two was on and about to be fibreglassed to the bumper.

3a80915d.jpg

6e148523.jpg

851516db.jpg

c197d8a1.jpg

It hangs roughly 1 1/4" lower then the standard bumper did
e6acd5d8.jpg

Minor adjustments to the backbox for the trim piece to go back on and straight not angled down.
a3938694.jpg

251d5314.jpg

No more images now until she is done so hopefully get some pics up in the next day or so...

On the skirts if there standard n16 there should be a long piece that sticks out at right angle with 2 holes in this, the screws from the old end cap go into these.
On my phone but if you check my members ride thread ive got pics there of mine fitted

I have to say from your pics that the skirts look on back to front but ive not seen many of these with them fitted so will have to have a wee search bud as on other cars the rear has the longer part attached?

Wonder if anyone else can show us some pictures to confirm how they came out of the factory?

Back
Top Bottom