Change of direction Daily to Track toy

Checking images of other N16's the skirt will indeed be fitted back to front but it will allow me to use mudguards so I could be setting a trend who knows? ;)

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

just thought id show you a pic of the prep for tomorrow been doing it all evening
photo-2.jpg

all masked up mate then got to cover with pva release agent then will make a mould.
il then make your box from that the fibreglassing should be finished by weekend.

Nissan guards would still not fit as they profile the sill, not the skirt, but as you have universal ones it wouldn't have mattered either way :). In my mind the skirts are going to give the car a back heavy look though, and also break up the lines from the front bumper. You'll go from big chunky front side, to skinny end of the skirt. I hold judgement until I see the whole shebang though :thumb:.

Ok out of my sick bed I went this afternoon to go and collect my motor armed with only my camera phone so pics won't be great but all the work from the body shop has been recorded using it.

So I arrive additional mesh in hand and what was the first sight that welcomed me?
f11fcee7.jpg

Sideskirts still to go on
b462be1b.jpg

Wing sprayed bumper still to be fitted
5fae5369.jpg

Door looking like new
0ad7cf8c.jpg

Arches like new
786f6e5d.jpg

Now I'm liking that arse, new plates fitted
66cea69d.jpg

Bumper still in need of some mesh
90a78994.jpg

c71e0986.jpg

064069e4.jpg

All mesh glassed in
08cec87d.jpg

b6bc04b3.jpg

9baada8c.jpg

Decided to fit these this way after a minor cock up wit lining up the phase 2 wing with the phase 1 side skirts seems holes are different
9ab87e9f.jpg

Not an ideal fit but soon to be blended in
49d411de.jpg

a0151a7f.jpg

Mudguards on
e8812b28.jpg

Flatting the paint around the indicator rest of paintwork to be done Saturday giving the paint a few days to harden
2be5612d.jpg

Wind deflectors fitted
89bb09e6.jpg

f11cc1ff.jpg

3e327f3b.jpg

All done and lights tested
075580f1.jpg

9e48d8b9.jpg

d553fde3.jpg

b7afeb2d.jpg

Distance shot didn't quite work out
2ab89e7e.jpg

I like the front now it has grown on me and having had a part in changing it from what it was to what it is now I think it's an improvement and a good option over the standard bumper that was not quite enough to carry off the skirts and rear bumper modifications.

I personally would of done this
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1537/dsc00010hs4.jpg
or the EDK front end

Not to my liking at all it reminds me of the Primera front end that you could get direct from the stealership. Apart from the giacuzzo kit I've not seen anything that I've liked and funds permitting I'd do the EDK mod with this current bumper as it's different and well more my style and not someone else's...

Rear looks awesome, as said could have been a factory option the way that looks. Skirts fail, I don't like that lip sticking out and should have been mounted the right way round in my opinion. Front, I'm not sold on. I think it's mainly the grille design which is worse than stock. Looks cheap, doesnt work with the leading edge of the bonnet. However with a G10 grille/bonnet this could look well. Something for the future no doubt.

Thanks for your honest opinions guys, much appreciated it is a work in progress but for now on a tight budget I'm content. I wonder how long that will last?

Still to do interior & exterior chrome handles, wire up parking sensors, install heated seat components, arrival of P12 rear view mirror with auto dimming, undersealing of chassis and ICE install.

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Just caught up with this thread, and wow, so much work has been put into this car, some really good work there.
Just wondering what wind deflectors you have?

The back end looks great mate. Don't really like the front end. Not my bag the 'Max Power' look. I think exterior chrome handles will look terrible but I am hoping to be proven wrong. The paintwork look ok from the pics. Sideskirts I'm, again, not a fan of and I completely despise blending in bodykits. It smacks of hiding bad fitment to me. At least you're doing something a bit different and to your own taste though. Good luck with the rest of the work.

compliment sandwich

Back
Top Bottom