Change of direction Daily to Track toy

Today no images to show but the car was treated to several wire brushes and the rear suspension beam and surrounding areas are rust free. The rear chassis was more of a pain to get to so the plans is to finish this up next weekend & stone guard & waxoil the underneath once done. Then moving onto the middle & front of the car to complete the work.

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

Must say, the bumper looks better in person, but I'm still not keen on that grille. It's like the designer put a rough one in as a marker, but then never bothered to finish shaping it. The rear however is bloody awesome. Perfect for the phase 1 bumper. Damn Nissan for not doing an N16 GTi and progressing on the body kit too from the N15 GTi. I bet it would have been very interesting and much more of a looker from factory. So many tricks missed from Nissan with the UK market.

Anyway, here's the photos, testing the water to see what the Techno Grey bonnet looks like if kept that colour. Or colour code it was per the original plan. FYI Phase 2 bonnets fit fine on a phase 1.

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

I think it looks good as is! a nice offset from all the silver and the fact that its not black is win imo!

- sent from my android device, no iSheep here -

I think it looks good as is! a nice offset from all the silver and the fact that its not black is win imo!

- sent from my android device, no iSheep here -

I do like the colour always have but I don't know if it's a fit for fit sake or just get the bonnet done in KL0 and have it looking clean without any contrast?

I like it as it is bud although agree with ed about the grill area, everything else is just win imo top job mate :)

Right after collecting a few bits from various members from the AOC (@JAE) I have some new goodies to be fitted to the car...

An QG SS exhaust manifold, two pot brake conversion and my custom made stealth sub box. I plan to fit them as soon as I get a few spare moments, pictures to follow...

Right a slight audio update for the lil N16, thanks go out to Fox1983 for his efforts in making this stealth sub enclosure for me. Here are a few pics of the Mutant X sub box that I got the speaker and amp from and then the enclosure with them fitted and in place in the boot of the car:

4164cc26.jpg

f613625f.jpg

4152cbfd.jpg

29b9f52c.jpg

80e82132.jpg

cc7bc747.jpg

All that is needed now is to take out the boot light from behind the enclosure and wire up some strip lighting so I can actually see what's in the boot...

heh all good things come to those who wait... . . or is it all good things come to those who spend the money lol

how's the search for the ve going? any luck yet?

heh all good things come to those who wait... . . or is it all good things come to those who spend the money lol

how's the search for the ve going? any luck yet?

Been looking still saving as they ain't exactly cheap hopefully get one from Ireland if one comes up etc?

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

as i said yesterday, the bumper looks much better in person than in the photo's! kudos to you man, loads of effort into the car! looks good! was also nice to meet u (again) yesterday lol

He's on both but from speaking with him he's keeping just the engine so he can rebuild it at a later date and the rest will be available

He's on both but from speaking with him he's keeping just the engine so he can rebuild it at a later date and the rest will be available

Maybe worth getting everything else I might need for the conversion & then just keep an eye out for the engine itself if he isn't willing to sell it on?

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom