Change of direction Daily to Track toy

I like it.

-mobile phone post-

Cheers bud, I think car looks less radio controlled now...

looks good rich, do you still get a good reception with it? also that will be picked up tomorrow now as I've to completely wrap it before they will take it, god knows why like as the boy wouldnt say, so I'm off to buy brown paper and bubble wrap just now

... --- ...

I couldn't connect it to the stereo Phil as the connection was different so need to get an aerial lead and run it so I can compare the quality of it with the OEM one?

Due to this I've taken it back off and refitted OEM so I can still listen to radio etc in the meantime. I'll update you once it's fitted and connected up on the quality etc.

Thanks for sorting the parcel weird they want it wrapped but I guess it's a policy thing??? I just hope it arrives in one piece with no damage.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Minor update no pics but some more goodies arrived today including my SS catback care of Phil and Paisley Freight and my ICE bits from the good old US of A ready to plumb in my amp, aftermarket head unit and aerial. Tomorrow I'll pick up my side skirts and then it will be a busy few weeks worth of fettling to get the cosmetic side sorted while I get the SS manifold etc fitted. :)

Impromptu Rolling road day appearance for the N16 as had an airport run to do prior to the meet so old faithful got the shout to do the running etc. The car took an unexpected run on the dyno & produced 100.1bhp, 79.9 @ the wheels. No idea if that's above standard or not but well done that QG15, now I have a base figure to see what ponies are freed up with the manifold & exhaust fitted.

Also collected my GTi side skirts care of an NPOC courier (Tezza) & Corbs for supplying them.

Here is a copy of my graphs excuse the camera phone quality pics:
c39eeb50.jpg

66510f3d.jpg

Here are a few pics of my new exhaust:
374f985a.png

4d0253a9.png

67f30378.png

4e32b61f.png

8f868ba0.png

80b38aa6.png

nice result rich! exhaust is quite the bargain eh, cracking bit of kit for fifty notes :yes:

... --- ...

Oh yes can't fault it mate will hopefully get it fitted next weekend etc and sort the manifold out as well to see how she runs then... Will fit rear Polybushes at same time as take it rear beam has to be loosened to get this fitted?

I would presume so bud, best ask Paul as I never even offered it up to my car, but looking at it easiest way would be undo the bottom bolt of both rear shocks to let it swing down, but if your taking the axle off to do the poly bushes anyway then the path will be clear. one word of caution though leave the shock top bolts alone and disconnect them at the bottom ;)

... --- ...

Yep, you got it - that's the way mine was done. Glad you had the dyno run done as well mate - always worth getting a base figure to work upwards from :) I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Well after an early-ish start to the day for me I managed to replace me front speakers with some fresh OEM style Blaupunkt items I found on eBay a lil while ago.

Original
8b29710e.jpg

New 80watts of crystal clear clarity
0c7f2fd2.jpg

While I was having the door cards off I also decided to fit the front chrome interior handles but as my pal at the scrapyard still hasn't found me two more I could only fit the front ones.

Before
8b0861b7.jpg

During
e98da0e6.jpg

After
95934d3c.jpg

So was there anything else I could fit while the doorcard was off err yes my exterior chrome handles that I know can be a pain to fit as the space is quite tight.

Before
cfe1733e.jpg

420b7fae.jpg

During
8ae248df.jpg

897415f7.jpg

After
d1a2e241.jpg

3b6f8955.jpg

Funnily enough the rears were easier to fit then the fronts as more room is available and I so wanna replace the manual winders but that's a job for another day.

So as the light faded I managed to fit one last thing it's an RCA remote control for my subwoofer and I think I found the perfect location.

b2a531e7.jpg

f1c6503e.jpg

fdea7d14.jpg

I'll try and get some pics of the whole of the car but as light was all but gone there was no time this evening.

Nice one Rich, Door handles look a lot better now :)

Gotta find myself some now then I'll be pestering you for help lol :D

Nice one Rich, Door handles look a lot better now :)

Gotta find myself some now then I'll be pestering you for help lol :D

Ryan, is very much the same as removing them from the P11, just need a lil patience and following tools:

10mm socket with extension
10mm spanner for the harder to reach bolts
trim removal tool

and patience as the space is tight for the front ones, rears are much easier once you unclip window runner and remove slam panel. Only part that slowed the rears down was removal of the manual window winders but again easy with the right tools (coat hanger bent at the end).

I'll keep an eye out for some more how many doors is yours again 3 or 5?

mine's a 3 door bud thanks it's much appreciated :)

Much better looking with them :)

mine's a 3 door bud thanks it's much appreciated :)

Much better looking with them :)

I'll keep any eye out for chrome interior and exterior handles for you, maybe worth putting up a wanted thread on here?

Could well do. I've got chrome interior ones though lol :)

Just gotta wait tillfunds are slightly more free flowing though :(

Could well do. I've got chrome interior ones though lol :)

Just gotta wait tillfunds are slightly more free flowing though :(

If I can get them with a decent discount I will as my m8 works there and will every now and then sort us with a few bit & bobs.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Partially ran aerial cable for shark fin will finish up tomorrow, fitted aftermarket Pioneer head unit and connected up subwoofer just need to set it up properly as am used to Kenwood units. Hopefully get time to fit earth kit and P12 rear view mirror. Pics to follow...

nice one, i look forward to your findings regarding reception with the shark fin, as it does look good on the n16, did you have time to do the exhaust? or are you waiting to do the rear axle bushes at the same time?

nice one, i look forward to your findings regarding reception with the shark fin, as it does look good on the n16, did you have time to do the exhaust? or are you waiting to do the rear axle bushes at the same time?

No time to do the exhaust plan is to do rear bushes at the same time and fit the manifold & exhaust and see how she fairs then.

Ok so the plan today was to finish connecting up the aerial and test the shark fin, along with tidy up the stereo install and possibly fit the heated seat elements.

Well I did most of that just finished none of it...

After a brief trip to halfrauds to source a H/U cage for my pioneer I took to tidying up my install from yesterday.
105b6eb1.jpg

31bc69da.jpg

The aerial didn't get touched as I ran out of light as I found out why the car was slow to pick up and accelerate recently, the earth cable to the neg battery terminal had eroded and broken off where it attaches to the gearbox mount. So that would explain the interior lights dimming when the electric windows are closed and the dash lights also.

Luckily I was fitting my Raizin voltage stabiliser and additional earthing kit to the engine bay so with this fitted it has helped no end until I can get the earth strap reattached. Acceleration was smoother and lights appeared brighter IMHO.
f71f5da9.jpg

32109b57.jpg

Here are a few pics of the engine bay with the additional earth points, it's not pretty but will tidy it up when it's not pitch black and foggy.
dc808398.jpg

d5e8d669.jpg

05d34edd.jpg

So after sorting the engine bay it decided to take out the front seats and escape back into the warm and fit the heated seat elements. This was an ideal opportunity to take some pics etc but as the underside of the seat decided to tear my hands to shreds the camera was forgotten and the elements were fitted and the wiring run ready to be connected in the car when there was more light.

Here is a pic of the final seat all back together and the air had stopped turning blue
e9fd7b9c.jpg

Hopefully I will get a chance to install the manifold and exhaust system on tuesday when I pop round to my mates place hopefully I'll grab some pictures of the process and the swapping out of the rear trailing arm bushes.

Back
Top Bottom