Change of direction Daily to Track toy

That box looks mint!, im so gonna have to redo mine now seeing that, nice 1 fox alot better than the standard box may have to get you to make me 1 haha

Just arrange it for collection at a regional meet if you can wait that long I was lucky JAE was just around the corner and Fox had enough spare time to get it done in time. I think i need a MDF floor panel made now as the standard one has gotten wet in the past and is warped and lets the boot down along with the little bits of crap that slips down to the spare wheel well.

Fox pm me a price for a custom MDF floor much like yours as would set off the boot so well, however I still want to be able to use the rear qtr net on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

To be honest mate, that is a simple 5 min job. If you want to still use the net you want a thin bit of mdf and some thick carpet and remake the original one.

To be honest mate, that is a simple 5 min job. If you want to still use the net you want a thin bit of mdf and some thick carpet and remake the original one.

That's a great idea will get cracking on that tomorrow if I get a chance to grab some MDF at mates rates...

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Looks very nice Rich looks like a lot of effort (and money) has gone into it,

Is the Phase 2 bonnet a straight swap please? I'm thinking of swapping just because I don't like the huge badge on mine and want more subtle as I've now started on the toys lol.

Also is yours lowered at all yet (sorry I've not read right through this one as I've read the NPOC one lol)

Ta

Ryan

Looks very nice Rich looks like a lot of effort (and money) has gone into it,

Is the Phase 2 bonnet a straight swap please? I'm thinking of swapping just because I don't like the huge badge on mine and want more subtle as I've now started on the toys lol.

Also is yours lowered at all yet (sorry I've not read right through this one as I've read the NPOC one lol)

Ta

Ryan

Straight swap on the bonnet m8, not lowered yet plan is Meister R coilovers when funds allow.

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Ok it's been a while since I updated my progress with the car as not much other then parts gathering has taken place. Well as things are coming along well thought I'd put up some progress and mention what parts have been sourced recently.

Well finally fitted my replacement track rod ends on my N16, so very much overdue and the car feels tight & responsive again.

This is the offending very worn track rod end looking all sorry for it's self
efa56279.jpg

New one ready to be fitted
5f0960d3.jpg

And a few comparison pics
224101ec.jpg

86254472.jpg

89f0f6d1.jpg

Prior to fitting the new ones the drive was very unstable and braking from speed was an adventure in it's self so this was a must do fix.

So parts list updated, since my last update I have sourced a set of GTi side skirts phase 1 that I will have soon ready to get paint and be fitted. In addition to that I have also sourced a set of gold plated battery terminals ready for my earthing kit and the wiring up of my stealth sub-woofer.

A few items I have sourced are currently at my paint guy being prepped namely a shark fin aerial and aftermarket head unit surround ready for my Pioneer H/U to be fitted. Along with an adapter to allow use of the steering wheel controls. Hopefully my B&M short shifter will arrive soon and my SS cat back system that I am currently arranging delivery of.

Well that's it for now I'll update with pictures once I have more progress once all parts are here along with my soon to be purchased Meister R coilovers.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

nice one bud, it's amazing how sloppy a car feels with slightly worn ball joints, there is a night and day difference when the new ones go on :)

... --- ...

Fitted new aerial but couldn't connect as N16 uses different aerial connection then one I was supplied with. Followed that by wiring up amp and running RCA cables/remote leads. Forgot how enjoyable it is to lose chunks of flesh whilst working on the car, but amp is all wired just need to get stereo fitted and find an adapter that will fit the shark fin.
Hopefully get chrome handles fitted and some pics.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

That's weird, someone else has done exactly the same on the what they've done to their almera thread :p

-mobile phone post-

Reactions: IT
That's weird, someone else has done exactly the same on the what they've done to their almera thread :p

-mobile phone post-

Realised that the post was best suited to my car thread rather then junkyard thread so posted it up should have pics up tomorrow all being well with my iPhone camera?

Ok here a few pics of the shark fin fitted I like it but then I did when I fitted one on GTT
5bc492cd.jpg

3fcb10b1.jpg

a4e83da3.jpg

3b2dbee2.jpg

Unfortunately due to not having the correct connection for the existing N16 aerial I had to refit the old one and will search for a kit to allow me to fit the cable to the aerial. Couldn't be without radio till I sorted it!

No pics of the wiring run for the amp/sub as well it's just tidied up under all the trim etc, more to come hopefully this coming week?

looks good rich, do you still get a good reception with it? also that will be picked up tomorrow now as I've to completely wrap it before they will take it, god knows why like as the boy wouldnt say, so I'm off to buy brown paper and bubble wrap just now

... --- ...

Back
Top Bottom