Change of direction Daily to Track toy

Right since posting up about the voltage stabiliser I have been checking online and from the pictures it could be that I have bought a fake. Typical eBay but thus far it works so I will stick with it and see how it goes for a few months etc, I'll post up my findings etc as I go along.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Exhaust update:

I now am much happier then I was yesterday now I have my stainless steel manifold and catback system fitted. It wasn't an easy job to fit but my pals at Incarsolutions did a great job and improvised very well when faced with several minor setbacks.

Here's some pics from the day starting with the parts all laid out and ready to be fitted
942b898f.jpg

2a463f94.jpg

Bloody good packaging there Phil & Nistro, took ages to get it all off!
a22189c2.jpg

OEM downpipe and cat off that was relatively easy as car was warm and heat shield only had one bolt break as well
4527a59f.jpg

ef3e7f33.jpg

Hmm block could do with a spruce up but that isn't for today
2a53f8a3.jpg

a34dbb14.jpg

65977f49.jpg

Old back box looking sorry for it's self and flexi pipe
67689c98.jpg

f5fee523.jpg

4eeb31e5.jpg

44632347.jpg

Restrictive old system off after some issues with rusted bolts
5cfd4aee.jpg

The plan was to lower the rear beam but due to some badly rusted bolts we cut the exhaust and welded it back up instead. Also we found that the EGR pipe was not compatible so we had to join the old one with the one that came with the QG18 manifold.

Here is the finished article manifold wise, we had to guide it past the dipstick but was fairly simple fitting once EGR was welded
3914a2b4.jpg

Exhaust paste used to ensure the EGR seal was sound as it was previously joined with this method
ecc40242.jpg

6add6d11.jpg

Part 2 to follow...

Car all up and without the back end of the exhaust as modifications were needed to the decat pipe to ensure the flanges were correctly lined up to the other bits of the system. In addition to this another lambda sensor fixing was attached to the decat and the rest of the system welded up and ready to roll.
9ce8f4cd.jpg

Old exhaust tip
c9515015.jpg

Sensor probe on old system new probe recess slightly to fool the ECU that the cat was still connected
df98c3ab.jpg

Completed engine bay
51c53317.jpg

Back box almost ready to be put in it's final position
95343853.jpg

fd467dc4.jpg

The finished article
319dc47a.jpg

1983e5c5.jpg

b596a646.jpg

So after a brief drive I can report no MIL car drives well and accelerates very well for a QG15. In addition to this an additional 8 gauge earth was fitted and the battery terminal tightened up so all is well and the audio system appears to have no more feedback. So I'm a happy camper and cannot wait to get a few more miles done to check all is well but am happy with the result so far.

Also I fitted my new OBDII Lemur Bluedriver Bluetooth dongle so I can check for fault codes via my iPhone/iPad
79bb941b.jpg

dba3010b.jpg

4b8dba81.jpg

58c1db96.jpg

89c60d79.jpg

249e8ea1.jpg

cdf38907.jpg

64c1b8e7.jpg

Connects very easily and allows free reset of fault codes and shows gauges for speed and rev speed. There are more features that you can pay extra for but for now I am happy with it and as I didn't need it to reset a fault code all is good. :)

i really am getting to love these N16s. really sleek. top work as normal rich. but it makes me laugh as you said daily car etc no mods and here we are lol the modding bug!!

i really am getting to love these N16s. really sleek. top work as normal rich. but it makes me laugh as you said daily car etc no mods and here we are lol the modding bug!!

Well I know what I said and to be honest if these lil bargains stop coming up it would be easier to stick to my initial plan!

nice work rich! glad to see the exhaust on and doing what's it supposed to ;)

... --- ...

Cheers Phil, am so glad you had no need for it in the end and it's now on and doing well. I just need to sort out a slight banging when biting point it reached think it's the rear section near the rear beam but will sort that maybe with some Polybushes over the weekend unless it's due to excessive movement from the engine mounts?

yeah its most likely the rear beam hitting, a common problem on the n16 I'm afraid, poly exhaust mounts and poly front or rear engine mounts might sort it out. well not needing it was just a matter of perfect timing lol, but I'm glad (I'm sure Paul is too) its gone to good home :)

... --- ...

Well that's my lot for now as my job situation took a change for the worse recently hopefully sort another 2nd job out soon enough but until then apart from fitting parts I already have there will be no more upgrades :(

Sorry to hear about your job situ' Rich, but as Phil said I'm glad the exhaust has gone to good use. It would be interesting to hear a short video of the tone it now makes, when you get time please dude :)

Sorry to hear about your job situ' Rich, but as Phil said I'm glad the exhaust has gone to good use. It would be interesting to hear a short video of the tone it now makes, when you get time please dude :)

Yeah briefly went into it in the WAMT section but ce la vie as the Renault drivers say...

I'll sort a video out when I get a chance it is a nice quiet well built system with a good tone to it when started & giving it full beans even from a QG15. Brief tunnel run was very nice also ;)

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Right well looks like I spoke too soon the engine check light came on today after a few miles of driving, so it appears the ECU has decided to work out that the cat is no longer present and no like it! So time to go to plan b & see if I can find a fix or workaround for it. Also the exhaust touching the rear beam was also very annoying so bits to sort out over weekend.

Sensor fooling

Right well looks like I spoke too soon the engine check light came on today after a few miles of driving, so it appears the ECU has decided to work out that the cat is no longer present and no like it! So time to go to plan b & see if I can find a fix or workaround for it. Also the exhaust touching the rear beam was also very annoying so bits to sort out over weekend.

I may have a solution for you Rich - I acquired a little box from the Sentra guys which apparently fools the sensor into thinking the cat is still in place. It sends a similar frequency signal back to the ECU. I bought it in case I ever went for a decat, but ended up with a sports cat instead. If you want it or are interested please PM me. :)

I may have a solution for you Rich - I acquired a little box from the Sentra guys which apparently fools the sensor into thinking the cat is still in place. It sends a similar frequency signal back to the ECU. I bought it in case I ever went for a decat, but ended up with a sports cat instead. If you want it or are interested please PM me. :)

Hmm sounds like it could work I've ordered an adapter that moves the sensor away from the exhaust gases I just need to confirm its the correct thread etc. I'll pm ya about the lil box in case this doesn't work.

Right despite trying not to spend anymore on the car for a while due to work commitments I was weak and couldn't avoid purchasing this bargain in the suspension stakes at great price. Huge thanks to EdK who texted me once these were listed for sale and I was on it like Freddie as they say.

Enter the MeisteR Coilovers oh they almost look sexual
423e5796.jpg

Should be with me by end of the week cannot wait...

nice buy bud :shades:, you'd have been silly to let them pass at that price, and you've have kicked yourself if you did ;)

... --- ...

I think your more then right mate as this deal was too good pass up.

Took the car back to my pals at InCarSolutions and guess what no more crash bang wallop from the exhaust and fitted my o2 sensor extension/fix all is well and hopefully I can now move on to fitting my latest acquisition....

Back
Top Bottom