Chris180's GTi

you gota pic? not sure what you mean mate
not the best pic but you get the idea

20012010492.jpg

he is looking for a red front bumper so think he will sell for the right price

Wee update, not as good as other people's but gone into bodyshop today, get it back Thur. Just bought some goodies from cleanyourcar.co.uk aswell :)

2days later and some monies lighter :)

Shitty camera phone so might not look as good as it should. Ignore the line of wax lol.

27012010533.jpg

And this is the damage to the alloy :(

27012010537.jpg

For the first time today I got the feeling of not being bothered with the car anymore and can't be bothered driving it. Never ending money pit and to many wee niggles with it.

things like that are never cheep... but they have done a great job on it...

i think we have all been through that stag of CBA but its worth it in the end!

trust me ive seen your motor and i love it!

Cheers Rob!

Updated the first post with all recent photos so there all in one place and removed dead links :)

Could somebody change the thread title to "Chris180's GTi" please. Thanks

how much did your bumper repair cost, they done an awesome job!

also whats wrong with your car, you said on the york meet thread it broke down on the way back, but its a problem youve had before.

Ok first time was sitting idle in traffic, went to pull away and realised engine had cut out. Would turn over but not start, RAC were called and plugged fault reader in and wiped the fault code and unplugged/plugged the dizzy bck in and then all was ok and has been for months.

Second time (at York meet) was driving away, felt the car slightly judder with foot on the pedal couple times, actually thought it was me adjusting body weight on the pedal tbh. Then car died out while driving so pulled over. Unlpugged the dizzy and plugged it in which didn't solve the prob. Car was turning over but not starting, could hear the fuel pump. RAC were called, had a poke around, removed a lead, held screwdriver to it, got spark and it started. RAC guy said couple be dodgy dizzy. Car got home fine and was fine this morning.

Tbh think we all know I have no knowledge of anything engine related lol so sure Ross can provide a more detailed reply.
Gota spare dizzy so me and Ross are replacing that tonight.

Best thing would be to replace the dizzy, maybe the HT leads too..unless you have performance ones...

Cannot think of anything else it would be off the top of my head, people recommend spraying a bit of WD40 into the dizzy cap to stop the moisture getting to it

Nah just standard ones. Yeah Matt suggested the leads too so thinking i'll get those changed over too. Oh yeah i'll be coating the thing in WD40 lol!

p.s I want your rocker! lol

Nah just standard ones. Yeah Matt suggested the leads too so thinking i'll get those changed over too. Oh yeah i'll be coating the thing in WD40 lol!

p.s I want your rocker! lol

I changed my HT leads yesterday, £15.07 from halfords on trade :D £28 otherwise

lol i need to get my engine bay sorted soonish as thats the only decent looking thing in there apart from the manifold :P

Back
Top Bottom