Corbsport Enterprises

A hard days work

Had wayne aka quickdraw's old p1 bumper. Gave it a light sand then painted and laquered. Then chiselled off the remains of the old P1 splitter (Was broken into 3 parts) and set to work with the fibreglass, put loads of the horrible stuff on and the splitter was finally 1 piece after about 2 years! Filled in the cracks and painted it, then used 4 screws to attach it to the bumper, painted them black so they're less noticeable but may change them for countersunk ones in the future.
Fitted it all to the car at last this evening, needs a darn good polish to get rid of the matt finish, and a coat of wax, but I'm fairly please with the bodge job!
Going to be collecting the black bonnet to finish it off soon :)

CRIM0002-3.jpg

CRIM0001-4.jpg

Cheers fella, does need a lot more laquer though.

Anyway back in stafford now and making the most of the weather. Arms are now covered in scratches from the engine bay!
4swapping.jpg

Taking the loom out of the red GTi, the TB was in the way.
5loomout.jpg

Removed it and access is a lot easier, havent been able to get the inlet plenum off yet but once the engine is out the loom should follow easily.
7oldtb.jpg

And the 'new' TB and injectors in the black GTi, awaiting the rest of the loom.
6newtb.jpg

Nice work,
Whats left to do on the GTi before its on the road, apart from the loom?

Quite a bit but breaking it down into smaller tasks makes it easier.

Exhaust and driveshaft need fitting (Need to remove head to manifold studs from the red one as the black one has lots missing)
Loom, ECU, ignition barrel obviously, with these plugged in we can see if she will fire up
Then heaters, carpets, dashboard, interior, although there are a few rust spots around the boot to sort.
Exterior wise the bumper needs painting but I might get some bits touched up and rust removed at the same time, and rear plate mounted and wired in.

Then that SHOULD be it.
Doubtless there will be other issues but will tackle them one at a time.

Raceworx is having it, being removed this weekend.

Just fitted lambda sensor into the SSAC manifold, had to chisel out the thread as a few too many bumps had taken their toll and the thread was almost gone!

Then it was the tedious task of removing and replacing head studs so the manifold now has something to bolt onto! At least I dont have to do it again now!

sounds like you little project is coming alone nicely, oh well be abel to have a look when i travel down end of month

ill Pm you closer to the date bud.

Mac

Big day today thanks to the help of Ian (Raceworx) and Minty.

Engine and gearbox out! Undid the lower mounts, wishbones, steering arms etc, then lowered the car to the floor and undid the side mounts. The cut the front off to slide the engine out.
8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12-1.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

And all packed up nicely at the end of the day.
15.jpg

Going to crack on with wiring tomorrow (Although Ian doesnt know this yet).

lmao ian looks well pleased with that!

hope you checked your fuel lines were dry lol

Progress is looking good fella!

Gota get me some of them axle stands, you got a high lift jack aswell!? i want!

Yeah I had taken the fuel rail and lines out of the way anyhow :)

He even chopped the wings off! Rusty pieces of shit, you can see em in the junk pile!

The only leakage problem we had was PAS fluid, so much of the damn stuff!

We didnt use a high lift jack, just a big fat spacer so we could get the axle stands underneath.

Jesus you work fast!

is there anything goging to be left by the time i get down there tomorrow? lol

hoping to get there for about 12ish bud, can stay of couple of hours if you guys need a helping hand.

oh that pm i sent ignore it mate managed to sort it out today while getting the fogs off mattmera.

Mac

It helps a lot to have good mates who know what they're doing!

Todays work, we managed to rewire the black GTi using the red GTi loom, unfortunately it is not cured, there is spark and fuel but nothing happens, maybe no compression which could mean engine out.
Almera workshop:
16.jpg

17.jpg

Dash out, Dave and Minty removing dash loom.
18.jpg

We thought maybe the injectors were at fault so swapped the fuel rails
20.jpg

22.jpg

But they were ok in the end.
Scrapping cars takes up a lot of room:
03052008450.jpg

Messmacro.jpg

So Dave is bringing round his compression tester tomorrow and his laptop so we can see if there is a fault code. Hopefully we'll get a proper diagnosis.
Still I'm really pleased with what was done today, the replacement ECU/Ignition barrel and loom work fine! Just maybe the engine is at fault.
Massive thanks to everyone who came down to help today (JNC Massif) :)

That belongs to my neighbour Becki :)
It is actually because of my neighbours complaining that we did this, I was given 1 week to move the red car by the landowners :(

todays antics PICS

Ok so todays antics (Not that anyone seems to reads this)

Still no engine start, ran diagnostic program with the laptop and no ECU faults.
Spark at all 4 plugs and injectors are working. The engine has a strange noise when it turns though, like a stone being dropped into a pond.
So we think it may be mechanical not electrical BUT the ECU/Loom swap was a success as NATS doesnt interfere.
Maybe something like a smashed/loose piston ring. The oil dipstick absolutely stank of petrol too.
SO the 68,000 mile SR20 is coming out and we are installing the RaceworX engine with ported head and inlets and skimmed head/block, so maybe slightly higher compression IF it works.
So now gratuitous pics.
Had a visit from CFN_MAC and CoV today (Iain and Paul) which was nice for a bit of banter, as well as me, raceworx, tommo, dave and minty (Thanks go out especially to dave and raceworx as they are helping one hell of a lot).
Car park almera meet (Ian standing on my micra)
04052008456.jpg

04052008457.jpg

04052008458.jpg

CoV and Mac
27.jpg

Tommo
28.jpg

Ian
25.jpg

Take this out
26.jpg

Secret weapon
23.jpg

Not working
04052008461.jpg

AAAARGH
04052008462.jpg

Nice to have a GTi as a reference point
04052008463.jpg

Pimp bumpers max flower stylee
04052008459.jpg

04052008460.jpg

Engine is almost ready to take out, collecting the crane early tomorrow to try and get them swapped for the afternoon. Heres hoping...

hey bud got back alreet

complete b£$tard about the engine and there was me thinking i arrived in the nick of time to hear her fire up.

Oh well by tomorrow she will be sorry i couldnt stay longer bud i didnt get to the inlaws till 9:30 opps said i would of been there at 5 lol

Back
Top Bottom