Cortinamike77's GTi

Cheers guy's I will check it out when I get home as all the docs are there.

Tapped it up earlier, here is the results

Rear both Brake disc(s) slightly pitted (3.5.1h) - New ones on order as the current set is shot

Rear Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1f) - Again now on order

Rear both sides Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c) - This appears to be utter bollocks as I have been under there and there is only dirt on the connectors the pipes are actually fine and the rubbers are not even perished! However I am going to get a set of Goodridge hoses for it shortly.

Parking brake Your vehicle has only just met the required park brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.10) - This doesnt appear to be a problem now as it seems fine?

Slight binding on both rear wheels - Rear calipers are a bit sticky so this will be it i'd assume.

Hmm

Got some new bulbs for the front end and got them in last week,

Ice white sidelight bulbs

P17-02-11_19-111.jpg

Ice white headlight bulbs

P17-02-11_19-11.jpg

And ice white fog light bulbs to match,

P17-02-11_19-112.jpg

Performance is now brighter and crisper (in my view anyway) and it doesnt look chavvy either which is always a bonus. I have never been into the yellow standard glow of normal bulbs, and it works well with silver me thinks!

Autobulbs direct had these all in stock and sent out for under £30 (I did have a voucher though!)

Top picture does look very blue but I can assure you they are not blue when they are not being looked at through a crappy camera phone :)

Fitted the lowering spings yesterday, car now sit's 35mm lower than before on new shocks. Pictures to follow later when I get home from work :)

Bloody got sent the wrong wind deflectors for a 5 door so they'll have to go back ballache!

Fitted the lowering spings yesterday, car now sit's 35mm lower than before on new shocks. Pictures to follow later when I get home from work :)

Bloody got sent the wrong wind deflectors for a 5 door so they'll have to go back ballache!

how much did you pay?

my mate might be interested

Brought them from www.towequipe.co.uk and they worked out at £29.75 delivered, they are Heko aswell, trouble is I had to wait 2 weeks for them to be dispatched from Germany and then they sent the wrong ones! Now I got to return them and wait another two weeks for the right ones...Bastards!

Ok so here we are..

These...

P27-02-11_09-02.jpg

Lots of swearing and broken skin... and a few hours later

Down she goes

P27-02-11_15-242.jpg

P27-02-11_15-241.jpg

P27-02-11_15-24.jpg

P27-02-11_15-232.jpg

P27-02-11_15-231.jpg

Its a nice useable height (afterall this is my daily sensible drive!)

Stiffer than standard but I wouldnt say rock hard no, not like the set up on the Cortina anyway. Its useable though and doesnt rattle my teeth to bits when I go and buy a pint of milk so it's all good.

It's dirty in those pictures as the heavens opended just as we finished doing the work on it, it would usually be cleaner than that :)

some good love n care gone into this GTi already, i love the bulbs too. yellow glow is depressing.
Matt see this right height? get on it lol
david

Cheers for the comments it getting there, I think i'll get the rot tackled next as thats what lets it down massivley on the outside, wheels can wait until summer.

Must get the tracking and suspension geometry set up properley when I finally get a new bank card (after one month of waiting with no £) Then I will be able to chuck it about a bit better, could also do with a decent set of rubber bands on as these are like ditchfinders whats on there now.

D reg is private plate :)

I havent updated this for ages, and since I have actually done something I thought it's about time!

Brought a new set of VZR tail lights from Dylan and got them fitted..

Photo0038.jpg

Still havent got around to sorting the wiring out to illuminate the inner sections yet, but I will get there!

Also sorted out a set of mudflaps off eBay, It was an arse finding anything that wasnt a stupid colour or massive rally sized!

P07-08-11_20-141.jpg

P07-08-11_20-133.jpg

P07-08-11_20-14.jpg

(wheels look so small in the above picture!)

Then last Friday I went and collected a VZR grill from Dartford, sanded it down primed it and re-painted it ready for fitting on Sunday

P07-08-11_20-12.jpg

P07-08-11_20-142.jpg

Next up I need to sort some wheels as 15's just look stupid now..

YES to the mud guards chap, i found the cut down on sooooo much crack of the road/tyres - plus i think they look good too. rear lamps work well with silver GTi's

Back
Top Bottom