Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Either could work well :). I do really like the white as they are, but the dark grey, black that elliot posted there looked pretty sexy.

Black mouldings ftw on this car.

hehehe, the one's elliot posted was my car, i've already done em but think they're a bit dark lolz

who's the many who've tried?!

i've spoken in depth to a guy in NZ who used n15 bits to convert an sr18 auto n14 like mine to manual. and from everythin he's said it isn't too bad.

bolting all the bits on shouldn't really be a problem, if a little time consuming. then all thats needed is to trick the auto ecu into thinkin it's in park so it will start - for this you splice the wiring from the manual neutral sensor into the wiring for the auto park/neutral position sensor

a few guys on sr20 forum have done it too, but if for some reason i couldn't get that to work, worse case is use the manual ecu and gearbox half of the loom to get it starting.

should be ok - *fingers crossed*....

Check some info on this conversion.....It's old but gives you an idea of what is involved...

dread_2002 wrote:
i driving a 1998 m6 primera sr20de hyper cvt..... was wondering how much it would cost to make the car manual?....... any problems associated with this?

And would it make more sense to just trade in my engine and trans for a manual version? or just change the transmision?

Here is a rough break down of costing, remember this is just an estimate.... and if you go asking for these parts by name (P11) in d bamboo, man will wood yuh!
P11 gearbox - $3000
P11 manual Axles - $600
P11 manual shifter - $200
P11 manual brake pedal - $200
P11 clutch pedal - $200
P11 clutch master cylinder - $200
P11 gearbox mount - $300
P11 rear gearbox bracket - $200

Since your car came with the CVT tranny, you will have to fabricate a bracket on the left side apron to accept the gearbox mount.

thunder7554
Street 2NR

Tech posts: 72
My 2NRide: NISSAN PRIMERA
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm
Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's the deal i did this conversion myself on my p11 wagon
complete conversion by intex-----$4000.00
with respect to the gearbox mount---using top mount i built a plate that bolted to the gearbox then bolted the mount to that thus bringing the mount to reach the bracket on the chassis. i had to trim the centre bushing of the mount to fit the the bracket on the chassis
wiring---- i wired in the reverse sensor and just bypassed the neutral- park switch and so far no problems

Hmm i thought Primera's and Sunnys were different?
Also those prices, bwahaha. Good one.

I might be wrong here but i imagine Cage has done his research otherwise he wouldn't have spent money re-spraying the thing.

@ NOS

yeh most of that is right, but as said above i have the n15 to rob everything from.

also, as said i have spoken in depth to a guy from NZ who has done exactly this swap and all i need that i haven't got off the n15 is an n14 speed sensor, driveshafts, possibly manual n14 crossmember, and this gearbox mount may need swappin, fiddling with.

aside from that all n15 clutch assempbly fits, and not hydraulic so none of that to worry about, pedal box, shift linkages, box, fly, clutch etc all already on n15.

shouldn't really cost me much to get the bits i need.

here's hopin, i'll be startin it soon-ish anyway so we shall see

White is right..

getattachmentgr.jpg

Any chance I can send you a pair of window 'k-kustom' decals in white for your pulsar?

Check some info on this conversion.....It's old but gives you an idea of what is involved...

dread_2002 wrote:
i driving a 1998 m6 primera sr20de hyper cvt..... was wondering how much it would cost to make the car manual?....... any problems associated with this?

And would it make more sense to just trade in my engine and trans for a manual version? or just change the transmision?

Here is a rough break down of costing, remember this is just an estimate.... and if you go asking for these parts by name (P11) in d bamboo, man will wood yuh!
P11 gearbox - $3000
P11 manual Axles - $600
P11 manual shifter - $200
P11 manual brake pedal - $200
P11 clutch pedal - $200
P11 clutch master cylinder - $200
P11 gearbox mount - $300
P11 rear gearbox bracket - $200

Since your car came with the CVT tranny, you will have to fabricate a bracket on the left side apron to accept the gearbox mount.

thunder7554
Street 2NR

Tech posts: 72
My 2NRide: NISSAN PRIMERA
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm
Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's the deal i did this conversion myself on my p11 wagon
complete conversion by intex-----$4000.00
with respect to the gearbox mount---using top mount i built a plate that bolted to the gearbox then bolted the mount to that thus bringing the mount to reach the bracket on the chassis. i had to trim the centre bushing of the mount to fit the the bracket on the chassis
wiring---- i wired in the reverse sensor and just bypassed the neutral- park switch and so far no problems

its a bit pointless quoting primera conversion info when he has a n14, especially when its not a cvt gearbox either.

stick to selling dodgy pulsars, your better at that....

craig drop me a text with the bits your after, cheers

well heres a few facts,

was a moderator on gtir modifiers,
sold a gtir to a fellow moderator,
gtir needed a rebuild,
blamed it on new owner,

old posts proved he was having problems with 'det' before it was sold.

no lies, not made up, no longer a moderator..........

well heres a few facts,

was a moderator on gtir modifiers,
sold a gtir to a fellow moderator,
gtir needed a rebuild,
blamed it on new owner,

old posts proved he was having problems with 'det' before it was sold.

no lies, not made up, no longer a moderator..........

That is interesting info, but private sales are `sold as seen`. Doing this to someone you know is a different matter though, stupid infact. Part of the blame must be shared by the buyer, not for giving it a proper inspection.

That is interesting info, but private sales are `sold as seen`. Doing this to someone you know is a different matter though, stupid infact. Part of the blame must be shared by the buyer, not for giving it a proper inspection.

i do agree, but you dont expect a fellow moderator to stitch you up like that.

theres supposed to be some trust within these forums.

got me some d2 coilys, almost new condition in terms of the threads n everythin, so got them on with plety of grease and some old rubber inner tube wrapped around them. Springs got a bit of surface rust on but i think these are rebuildable anyway. They are also FIRMMMMMMMMM. pretty harsh ride even on softest but ho hum.

also, slammage obviously. and another benefit of the n14 :p you can have arch filling slammage without decking out and killing your splitter, bumper and crossmember every 5 mins.

sun came out n made the white look hawt so here's how she is - nearly done just waitin on orange corners to finish.

P3210004.jpg

just tryin to get some n14 manual shafts and speed sensor then the manual swap will commence, and also in process of buildin the bottom end of the ve up. w00p.

Back
Top Bottom