Craigs New Datsun Sunny

The instructions with my rods which have arp bolts with the arp lube say tighten once not a couple of times to different torques, so like you say they have obviously confused things as with the arp lube you don't have to tighten them as much so you should get a warranty replacement

You have to use a magnifying glass ya knobba!

Craigcanttorquehismumsnipples1.jpg

id say you are in the clear craig.

anyone on here, even rowdy, wezz etc that followed those instructions to the letter would have snapped them...

there is no way to know that the instructions were incorrect until it is too late...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll,

the head man from arp sales europe just rang me to explain the problem, and it seems that the 105lb torque fgure is correct for the studs i have. Apparently the part number is different to what he was expecting when i first mentioned it was for an sr20, the studs i have are clled arp 2000 studs.

These studs are designed for the extra torque rating of 105lbs, mainly for megahigh boost and power engines, and they were ok to be torqued up to that with the moly lube i used. However, a problem he said they have been having is while they say the studs are reusable, the moly lube i used degrades from engine temps etc, then the guy mentioned some stuff about preloads and lube efficiency etc, and basically explained thats why they broke.

ARPs solution to this is a different lube they started providing afteri got my kit called ultra lube which doesn't degrade and therefore allows studs to be torqued up to the same figure when re using them.

Because i didn't get the arp2000 studs with the improved lube, he said there was no way i could have known and is therefore sending me a free replacement kit out from the US,being delivered to him to incur the import duty, then on to me totally free of charge.

This has tbh reinstalled my faith in the ARP studs, and moreover the customer care of phoning me up to sort it, the bloke was a top guy and really helpful.

Still think i'll use the nissan ones though, arp studs anyone - do you a good deal?! :stuart:

lol, the only thing i'll say is if you get them, buy some split washers or gripper washers for the bolts, thats what i'm gunna do, should stop the bolts coming loose

lol craig why have you got my shop of wezz and his car as your avatar? :lol:

lol craig why have you got my shop of wezz and his car as your avatar? :lol:

cos i finally got around to looking at all of the jae pic thread and that PS made me abso-bloody-lutely fucking lol my ass off!! :lol:

lolmaopmslrofl hahahaha k thx fml oh em geee jay dee em

it's brilliant mate!

oh, and as ammar says also.

Back
Top Bottom