Craigs New Datsun Sunny

any more of that sam? share the love!

craig how you get on with the missing bolt?

worked it couldn't really have gone into the engine it's too big, and couldn't find it in the filter housing

probably the least of my worries,

fitted the cosworth gasket, had some starting problemss and then some weird power issues, like it'd choke and stall given sudden full throttle. checked the timing it was at like -10 :o so advanced it as far as poss and it was only at 4. Thinkin maybe a tooth off and putting everything out.

just went down road to assess the power thing and seemed a bit better. however, took my oil cap off to see the all too familiar white mayo :taz:

comp test showed: 170, 210,200,190

i mean seriously, how is that possible ffs. i just dont even care anymore. Go on superdan, out with the bitching. clearly i suck at this game. dunno how, follow everything to the book, all went fine first time i built it, shouldnt have bothered changin theHG this time due to my engine hypochondria

who wants to buy it? its nearly awesome, nearly

:no:

This must be a wind up...

i wish

i mean explain it, ok maybe i missed a tooth offthe cam timing, but for a cosworth gasket to go after an hour or so of use?!

maybe it's not gone, maybe it wasn't really much white scum on the cap. but the expansion tank defo emptied itself and the comp test was defo varied.

whats the next move?

suicide? arsen?

Thats shit news craig, i take it you went with nissan head bolts all torqued up ok? Where abouts was the stud that snapped? It obviously looks like theres a problem around no1 cylinder and possibly no4 aswell, maybe the snapped stud has caused the head to warp? just speculating though, other than that it's gotta be a bad gasket surely? Are you loosing water?

Thats shit news craig, i take it you went with nissan head bolts all torqued up ok? Where abouts was the stud that snapped? It obviously looks like theres a problem around no1 cylinder and possibly no4 aswell, maybe the snapped stud has caused the head to warp? just speculating though, other than that it's gotta be a bad gasket surely? Are you loosing water?

stud that snapped was between 1+2 cylinder iirc.

nissan bolts all as per spec in fsm

maybe it's a bad gasket, seems to be losing water looking at the empty expansion tank but i barely even used it ffs

or maybe i made kurts mistake of not facing the head? even though it didn't actually go last time so didn't seem necessary :hang:

Right, sit down, shut up and listen to Girv.

Do you think Maggie stopped when she lost her local party election 4 years before she became the Prime minister? Did Lance Armstrong stop when her got prostate and ball cancer? Did Girv stop when another AOC member went to the Nurburgring and bust out a 9minute 20secong lap? No! Should you? No! A VE'd n14!!! Fuck me thats ace!!!!!!!!!

Don't let shit like this stop you. Sure, have a moan and a winge about it and go and bang the shit out of your missus for the night. Then tomorrow suck it up put on another of one of your really tight fitting t-shirts and get it done. Then, when Banzai come a knocking you will be laughing.

End of. xxx

cleaned oil cap and did 1/2 mile just now, checked oil cap and looked faintly mayo-ey

runs like shit, revs ok sometimes, other times struggless and splutters

bored

Do you think Maggie stopped when she lost her local party election 4 years before she became the Prime minister? Did Lance Armstrong stop when her got prostate and ball cancer? Did Girv stop when another AOC member went to the Nurburgring and bust out a 9minute 20secong lap? No! Should you? No! A VE'd n14!!! Fuck me thats ace!!!!!!!!!

Don't let shit like this stop you. Sure, have a moan and a winge about it and go and bang the shit out of your missus for the night. Then tomorrow suck it up put on another of one of your really tight fitting t-shirts and get it done. Then, when Banzai come a knocking you will be laughing.

End of. xxx

End of. xxx

lol, nob.

wow nice googling about maggie thatcher too :clown:

off topic, but who got that 9:20? rowdy?

Steve

nah not rowdy, some lad in a black gti i think. although girth don't believe his time lol :stuart:

another thought i had was if my cam timing was a tooth out and it was soo far retarded it'd be running hot, and not burning fuel right either hence the black sooty plugs

cunt, piss, tits, wank, fuck and arse :ninja:

stud that snapped was between 1+2 cylinder iirc.

nissan bolts all as per spec in fsm

maybe it's a bad gasket, seems to be losing water looking at the empty expansion tank but i barely even used it ffs

or maybe i made kurts mistake of not facing the head? even though it didn't actually go last time so didn't seem necessary :hang:
Hmmm, i see you're point about facing the head, wouldn't of thought it would need doing again. The compression readings point to a definate problem with no1, did you put sealant around the timing chain end of the gasket? The water loss could be a combination of air lock and leakage, if it's running rough it could be no1 cylinder not working properly

nah no sealant mongo

i should also point out that just after i finished bolting it back down i did a comp test and got 200 across the board

It's recommended that you run sealant all the way round the top of the front cover and underside of the head at the timing chain end cos there is only 3 small bolts to hold it down

It's recommended that you run sealant all the way round the top of the front cover and underside of the head at the timing chain end cos there is only 3 small bolts to hold it down

yeh but thats just for oil loss from the chain area isn't iit. those 3 little bolts and sealant aren't to do with cylinder compression and sealing, or any water jackets are they

Na you're right i was just rambling about it lol. Just been thinking, it could be you're exhaust valves on no1 causing the leak of compression if it's not the headgasket

Na you're right i was just rambling about it lol. Just been thinking, it could be you're exhaust valves on no1 causing the leak of compression if it's not the headgasket

true, while the head was off i did do my valve stem seals so had it all apart

also, if my cam timings off could that affect the comp? although that doesn't explain why it was an even 200 just after, the has gone down now.

need to check for mayo for sure but dunno, pretty sure it has gone, the odd runnin is really inconsistent, couldbe the water getting in. Although it could also be a dodgy coil and the retarded timing

If the timing was affecting the compression it would be low across all four cylinders, low on just one points to either gasket, valves or rings. Did you do a wet test aswell? I mean if you're getting mayo and coolant loss it's a high chance it is the gasket around no1 cylinder, as you say could be leaking coolant into the cylinder causing the bad running.

Back
Top Bottom