Craigs New Datsun Sunny

ah shame dave :(

joe, sorry mate but what ever you say turbo WILL always win over na sorry :)

why you pussies have to spend £££'s getting 20 extra bhp through silly little mods, all we gotta do is, er.... wind the boost up :):) lol,

and none of you na boy in this country anyway will get into the 12's, not in my forum lifetime anyway, as all your mods to get the powerZ are all too expensive, like craig says ;)

ah shame dave :(

joe, sorry mate but what ever you say turbo WILL always win over na sorry :)

why you pussies have to spend £££'s getting 20 extra bhp through silly little mods, all we gotta do is, er.... wind the boost up :):) lol,

and none of you na boy in this country anyway will get into the 12's, not in my forum lifetime anyway, as all your mods to get the powerZ are all too expensive, like craig says ;)

Yeah, I've done the NA route and God is it fun, but once you go with boost, you will never go back!

I would love to see a 12 second 1/4 mile run with an NA setup in the U.K. but unless it's an all-out balls-out race car, then I can't see it happening!

On slicks with nitrous, yes it is very do-able, but without, very tricky!

If you can pull terminals around 105-106 mph, then a high 12 would be possible, but you'd need a 1.8-1.9 60ft time to go with it and on street tyres that isn't easy!

I'm sorry but i do agree with you stu, it'd take a fucking mental na to beat a turbo, i just get more enjoyment from trying to get the most out of a NA than whacking a turbo on.

oh dear stu

precisely, you're saying it yourself,take the easy way out and bolt on a turbo. borriingg. and in fwd no thanks!

whats that quote on the sr20 forum, 'n/a is a thinkin mans game, some just haven't got the stomach for it' :punk:

i know i won't getnear 12seconds without some drastic changes, but i dont really care. this is more fun for me, so is the banter though

plus part of the fun and thing i love about my car is having done something a bit different. it'd been easy to buy a sunny, put a gtir lump in, have similar power and way more potential power but meh.

high comp de/ve headswap fully bolted on and in an n14 converted from auto-manual makes me smile way more at least. the turbo route seems well trodden and an easy way out imo, obv if you're after insane 1/4mile times its the way but when can you use that properly on the road. n/a forever!!

Tight as a nuns cunt. For half the track he wouldn't even be on boost. :stuart: And the other half he would probably shit himself like me and back off.:ninja:

Old but it's the first that came up. Two 4WD TURBO Evo's being mauled by a fwd econobox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fB5WsqLvMc

Ok, the 205 is a little more focused, but the Evo's being TURBO instantely makes them better anyway right?

Nice one Craig. Mega chuffed for you, would love to have a wee passenger ride in this.

As for the N/A vs Turbo arguement. All i'll say on this matter is who's been out in my +T and had their face ripped off in 4th or 5th and seen me light up the road in 1st, 2nd + 3rd? Anyone? Nope, because it doesn't. It drives like an super quick NA motor from 3k onwards and that's with a gay cam set up. Not every turbo is 300 bhp+ and not every NA is <170bhp. Common sense gimps, use it.

Nice one Craig. Mega chuffed for you, would love to have a wee passenger ride in this.

As for the N/A vs Turbo arguement. All i'll say on this matter is who's been out in my +T and had their face ripped off in 4th or 5th and seen me light up the road in 1st, 2nd + 3rd? Anyone? Nope, because it doesn't. It drives like an super quick NA motor from 3k onwards and that's with a gay cam set up. Not every turbo is 300 bhp+ and not every NA is <170bhp. Common sense gimps, use it.

:appl:

Ok, the 205 is a little more focused, but the Evo's being TURBO instantely makes them better anyway right?

No it doesn't!

You could give a Ferrari to someone on the street but if he can't drive properly, you would lap quicker in a Micra.

I've heard it all before bud and I'll be fucking damned if I'm going to admit that an NA car is better round a track than a turbochaged car!

It's all down to the driver and quite clearly the guy in the Evo wasn't using it properly!

i agree with kurt on this one, NA on a tight track for the instant response out of the bends, unless its like simmos car, turbo lag on a tight track FTL

In stu's defence his turbo engine isn't just a quick bolt on and run job. It also makes boost low down (for petrol). The reason for an n/a track car is simply to not risk the turbo on track as crashing is something stu can't afford to do in that car. Simple n/a gti racing is cheap easy fun :).

Definitely a believer of doing something different and something u want to do, other people be damned. Credit to craig, stu, Kurt, Dave, Ian for their projects and I don't see a right or wrong way to do it really!

Now let's all get on track and let me show all u cunts that diesel power is really the way to go.

If you keep a turbo car high in the revs like you would an NA, through bends etc, then its going to be quicker. To drive it properly you dont just back right off so you can then plant it and feel the boost. Boost is dependant on RPM not WOT

i like turbo power........

but then i also like n/a power.......

which one is best?

HarryHill_fight.jpg

Back
Top Bottom