Craigs New Datsun Sunny

cheers boys

seriously seriously need VVL not VTEC though! it's easily as quick between 4-6k rpm as my blue gti was flat out, then at 6.4k it goes ballistic when both cams switch, need that intake comin in at like 5.5k to smoothen it out.

Currently in the process of stripping it out, getting all sound deadenin on floor and behind dash out, all a/c behind dash gone, carpet, parcel shalf spare wheel etc etc. IIRC the kerb weight of a UK sunny gti was 1050kg, mine being auto and a/c was more but auto and a/c are all gone, no sunroof to worry about, and all the other weight saving i reckon 1000kg should easily be acheivable - possibly even with rear seats in....

Sooo, i know these calculators are bullshit but if we have a quick look, firstly with the dyno dynamics figures, and secondly with the more likely american style dynojet figures this calculator would use we get.....

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 207
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1000
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 210.32
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.52
0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.65
60 - 100 (Secs) : 8.13
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.92
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.96
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.72
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 102.79

ORRRRR.....with what i think makes more sense power wise....

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 230
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1000
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 233.69
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.15
0 - 100 (Secs) : 12.43
60 - 100 (Secs) : 7.28
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.52
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.30
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.32
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 106.21

that'd do me :lol:

just been reading through this crail, and well done on the dyno results, really good its came good. get that thing stripped out now!

sounds immense too

the bottom one sounds better to me because i reckon it will be under 1000kg when its fully race ready :lol: im just hoping you can launch it because i dont want to have to drive it for you darling...or maybe i do :punk:

its louder from the front haha

looks quick man, you can hear it dip then pickup when your going away from the camera

its got 13's all over it

haha, the dip and pick up was from wheel spinning like a beyotch and easing off to try and grip i think. If you listen carefully in 2nd comin towards the camera you can hear the cam switch. it's a pretty savage switch atm but like i say i want vvl back not vtec

wellll, car is pretty much fully stripped now and feels fucking mint!

However....

since before 2nd mapping and a few times after i've experienced a strange thing at 7k and 8k rpm, normally in 3rd it seems when accelerating full throttle. It'll be flying then suddenly hits a brick wall with no power. Like a massive misfire, it'll die down to 5k or so then i'll have normal power again??!!

Wezz felt it the other day and said it felt like a fuel surge he gets in the R, but wouldn't i only get that with low fuel level? this happens at full tank too.

Would a surge/swirl pot help?

Or could it be something with the injectors? needing cleaning? or maybe the fuel pump? I bought the pump as a barely used walbro 255, but maybe it's some knock off piece of shit that can't handle VVL motherlobe action?!! :lol:

Any other ideas what it could be?

also worth noting it can stink of fuel when it's been caned a bit too......

cheers for help please, it's really pissing me off as i need un-interrupted vvl savagness :donatello:

oh really?!

like identical problem? i cleaned maf before mappin but you never know

so it was same problem and just swappin the maf sorted it? hope thats it man cheers

Sounds like its pinking at high rpm, heading towards max power, and the timing is near is most advanced.

i had that in the red turbo, before it blew up, felt like hitting a brickwall, come off the power then wooosh off it goes again. :(

found out it was the injectors, you didnt get yours off kristian did you!!!!

id get them cleaned out any way cant do no harm, also make sure your fuel mix has the higher occtane level,
i dont like using fuel addatives for this reason, you cant gaurantee the perfect mix ALL the time. if your car is mapped on just shell vpower then your guaranteed the correct fuel mix eveyr time you fill up :)

Oh try cleaning the MAF too :)

I would have said pinking at high rpm, so knock sensor retards timing via ecu

Edit. Just read stus post and sounds like that too

Steve

Back
Top Bottom