Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Sorry yes third hitting the redline which matches up to the Uk spec figures.
I have had 4 of these btw.

Well hope it's not too seriuos, fuel pump/ limiter????:wacko:

i know you've had 4, and 90 in 3rd is correct. but 7800rpm red line isn't i don't think. not that i can remember

and the picture you posted above is from before mapping with a sunny maf, i have an almera one on now

my speed cut used to be quite soft when I first got the car, but it cuts alot harder now that it reaches the limiter alot quicker.... but how would he have been able to map it properly in 4th if it was hitting the limiter.... mine is on like 6.5k revs in 4th so still a bit to go to the rev limiter.....

my speed cut used to be quite soft when I first got the car, but it cuts alot harder now that it reaches the limiter alot quicker.... but how would he have been able to map it properly in 4th if it was hitting the limiter.... mine is on like 6.5k revs in 4th so still a bit to go to the rev limiter.....

hmm, it's about 6500 where mine cuts in 4th and i think the same it cuts a lot harsher now it gets there quicker. i think it was maybe mapped in 3rd but doesn't explain mappin to 8.5k. Having said that my graphs only go to 8k so curious about the mapping now....

gonna nip up dual carriageway with a satnav as a speedo and see if 5th is even lower tonight...

Possibility the clocks are off alright on the VZ-R the needle shows well off the clock before it hits the brick wall as you said and it does feel like that, it jerks ya forward something else.

yeah craig, my limiter cuts in at 6500 in 4th too.

and when my speedo is just over 180kph is reads 102-105 on the satnav, your ecu is the same as mine, so makes sence that, :)

sounds like speed limiter.

The Ecu knows the REAL road speed, unlike the over-reading clocks.

The ecu internal road speed clock is within 1mph of a SatNav. Used consult while on the road?

hmmmm, well i can't get it to happen in 5th even up to 115mph.

but it happens in 3rd at 8k, and 4th and 6500 ish, both of which show as about 100mph+ on the satnav

so fuck knows, gonna try a different maf.

On the other hand the car got a bit of a caning tonight for a fair few miles, didn't miss a beat and fuck it feels quick, it ate up some of my favourite bends on the way home just now in a completely different league to my not shabby mera did, soo soo much quicker.

I LOVE IT!

Can i be part of your crew now Craig :D haha

SAM_0511.jpg

i nearly posted this in amusing videos cos it shows how totally gheeyyyy VTEC is, with the cams switching together and at 6400 i drop out of vvl every time i change up lol

still, sounds quite nice and not slow. Bare in mind when i change from 2nd - 3rd thats at around 70+ on satnav, and shuttin off the throttle in 3rd is about 100+ on satnav. but i neeeeeeed VVL, lag like vtec and turbo sucks :lol:

[video=youtube;Er4AU00qpF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4AU00qpF8[/video]

fail steve and david!!! epically

gti ratios, more power. as rowdy points out the 8.5k limit might be something to do with it! :P durrrrrrrrr

hmm,. i wouldn't mind a vzr box for cheaps, but that don't happen. Also, when i get the intake switching independantly and set them lower at like 5500 and 6200 maybe i'll be constantly in vvl if i want. Plus the fact even the baby lobes at 4-6k pull like my old cammed gti did full chat so meh

and joe, as i say jez can lift those speed limiters he just didn't last time cos he didn't realise they were there apparently.

Back
Top Bottom