Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Haha No fail. Read carefully ;)

Steve

you what?

you said shorter ratios?! lol, i'm runnin an almera GTi box. but my rev limit is 8.5k. thats not shorter ratios - hence, FAIL :clown:

oh and a shorter ratio box would decrease the speed reached in each gear :P

craig, race you to 115 mph?

haha. at first i lolled cos i thought you hadn't got a limiter, but you have. so with pleasure my friend ;)

autech has been converted to MPH. so the ECU thinks its doing 112km/h when its actually doing 112mph.

its win. no speed limiter as the autech will never reach 180mph.

If you arent getting a VZR LSD short ratio gearbox, would it be worth getting the 'VTEC' engagement lower'd enough so when you shift you keep in 'VTEC'

:sorcerer:

If you arent getting a VZR LSD short ratio gearbox, would it be worth getting the 'VTEC' engagement lower'd enough so when you shift you keep in 'VTEC'

:sorcerer:

OMFG do you ever read anything before posting. i stated this numerous times like in my post aobut 3 posts ago

autech has been converted to MPH. so the ECU thinks its doing 112km/h when its actually doing 112mph.

its win. no speed limiter as the autech will never reach 180mph.

i need to do this

Reactions: IT
I meant, GET a shorter ratio box like the vzr one, implying that you must source one my vvl chum... Hence "read carefully" ;)

Also dave was asking a question no? I don't see that as fail

I would rather have better acceleration any day over top speed, especially with vvl, want top speed? buy a turbo in fwd

Steve

Ps. If you raise the limit like everyone says to do, that can also work, so will shift gear into vvl, but moar unnecessary stress on bearings

I meant, GET a shorter ratio box like the vzr one, implying that you must source one my vvl chum... Hence "read carefully" ;)

Also dave was asking a question no? I don't see that as fail

I would rather have better acceleration any day over top speed, especially with vvl, want top speed? buy a turbo in fwd

Steve

Oh ok furry muff, i get ya now. yeh i would like the shorter ratios and moar acceleration - although its not like its slow as it is, just need the switch pointas sorting.

And no david no fail then. just eddie.

I think a closer ratio box would be a great benefit. You`d never drop out of the big lobes when changing, and with a higher rev limit still reach respectable speeds in each gear. Sounds too highly geared to me.

I think a closer ratio box would be a great benefit. You`d never drop out of the big lobes when changing, and with a higher rev limit still reach respectable speeds in each gear. Sounds too highly geared to me.

true, although when the cams are switching properly it'll be a lot better, along with some cam gear fiddling on the dyno.

but short ratios would be good, any other compatible boxes with short ratios that don't have lsd? ie. cheaps

Back
Top Bottom