Craigs New Datsun Sunny

That'll be the gearbox i built for martyn then,yes it will loosen up with some miles on it.Were actually coming up with a few other idea's for a stronger box for these car's.

ah you rebuilt it? thanks man!

can you tell me a little more what was done? i know 5th was fubarred wasn't it? i presume the gearset replaced with std gti ones, not short ratio like would have been in it originally?

It had new bearings etc and a general overhaul and the centre diff was checked (new selctor rod bushes and the like) I honestley cant remember which gearset or if it was a hybrid of two (i build alot of gearbox's),but i do remember the 5th on the old one ruined the shaft spline's when it failed,which is the reason for the rebuild.

Also only nissan parts are used on rebuild's not cheap parts.

So i kinda wasn't feeling the ATS rims and sold them to buy these....enkei racing s split rims

P2120082.jpg

then the novelty soon wore off those so i painted a couple of them for jokes....

P2150086-1.jpg

but i soon got bored of them too and in wheelwhore fashion sold them to buy these....rays te37s - the real deal :P

P2230086.jpg

P2230083.jpg

also got these fitted recently - those white dots on the camera lens are just jizz so don't be alarmed....

P2230088.jpg

and here's how she is now....

003.jpg

cheers bwoyzz, yeh i'm waiting for a day when i'm not working til dark to get out somewhere for some proper pics n all that.

Few other little mods coming soon hopefully so may wait n get some pics when it's all done :P

the rays wheels are awesome though, soooo light and look gorgeous in the metal. and love the red recaros. But what with red recaro's, vvl, and wheelwhorey wheels i shoulda clearly just bought an ek9 with it all done already :lol:

Also, the engines on about 3.5-4k miles now, and it feels better than ever. Loosened up and is just awesome. Plenty quick enough for road use now even without the motherlobes - can overtake/play with most things just up to 6k low lobe stylee. When the cams switch it just goes ballistic. Fookin love it!

Oh man that looks fooking awesome mate! I think you made the right decision with the wheels too, as those rays are sex!

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

^^You make me want VVL :shifty:

lol try driving with it :P

i love it, like i say most of the time using the car as a daily i don't need or want to go above 6k and it's still really quick, feels to me like it'd easy be gti quick without the vvl. As i say though, 6-8.5k is mental fun, lsd is awesome too, and the polybushed front end feels like it made more difference than coilovers to the handling.

Oh man that looks fooking awesome mate! I think you made the right decision with the wheels too, as those rays are sex!

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

cheers mate

yeh i liked the quirkiness of the ats or enkei rims, but for awesome looks as well as lightweight brandwhoring function over form the rays are spot on! Just need me some big brakes behind them and some race spec lightweight wheel nutss too now :lol:

i love the new rims man i really do, just wish i had the same inspiration when it came to rims ive spent the last 4 or so months trying to find nice "16 rims that will fit over the new brakes and still look good with bs7

I love VVL for its power and the drivability that it has over DE with high power figures. Because Im not going to look through 77 pages, is it standard 20VE cams or aftermarket jobbies? I imagine low lobes in your car are probably comparable to S3/4s are they, spec wise?

such a nice car, id rather this over a GTi-R i think

haha cheers man, although i'm not sure after one of wezz's 7k, 4wd boost launches i can totally agree lol

also the paint would kill you man, can't believe i wanted kristian to spray it :( cheap k-kustom respray ftmfLLLL.

I love VVL for its power and the drivability that it has over DE with high power figures. Because Im not going to look through 77 pages, is it standard 20VE cams or aftermarket jobbies? I imagine low lobes in your car are probably comparable to S3/4s are they, spec wise?

here's basic spec of it man pasted from earlier in thread:

de block
cp 12.5:1 pistons
acl bearings all round
arp rod bolts
16ve head
n1 cams
ve oil pump
g-spec underdrive pulleys
hks mushroom filter
powerland 4-1 header
3" decat
3" mandrel catback
cosworth 1.5mm head gasket
h-dev tuned ecu

it's the n1 cams so a lot more aggressive than the 20ves, think the low lobes are something like:

intake low:
220'
8.4mm lift?

exhaust low:
240'
8mm lift

I think!???!!

the extra compression, light flywheel, header and n1 cams really make the difference though. On the heartbreaker surrey RR it got relatively low figures, BUT - between 20-30bhp more than all the other standard compression 16ve cammed 20ves dyno'd on there. :)

Just found the specs on those N1 cams, the high lobes are huge!!

SR16VE N1
Intake cam
Low Intake Duration: 220
Low Intake Lift: 8.4
Low Intake Center Angle: 110

Low Lobe Center Angle: 116
Low Overlap: 0

High Intake Duration: 288
High Intake Lift: 12.0
High Intake Center Angle: 104

Low Exhaust Duration: 244
Low Exhaust Lift: 7.95