craiGTi's ph2 GTi

next question.... :rolleyes:

been out in it today, and most of the time it's perfect, but about 5 times when i've come to accelerate away from a junction there's a weird, and VERY jerky hesitation in power?

like for split second as you try and put you foot down, it'll go for a bit, then there's suddenly nothing, then it's back again. Feels like a violent version of the kangarooing everyone gets, really jerks forward then back, then seems to carry on ok.

electrical problem of some sort? any ideas?

sorry to pester everyone again :(

My god you're unlucky. I've heard about something like this before on a cammed GTi, no idea where I heard it. I think it was due to the ecu not being mapped for the cams and it confusing sensors or something?

My god you're unlucky. I've heard about something like this before on a cammed GTi, no idea where I heard it. I think it was due to the ecu not being mapped for the cams and it confusing sensors or something?

:feint:

don't say it's something like that :(

although it may be an excuse for a remap.

seems odd though, that so many other sr20's are fine with s3r's.

no, one is on the way hopefully ;)

suppose that might make sense, wezz commented earlier that my lambda reading was high cos there was a lot of air getting through and i could/should up the fuelling, maybe that's it?... feels so quick though, it's like an electrical thing though, fuck knows.

i bleedin hope so, tommo's not got an fpr i don't think though

not that i even care any more

next question.... :rolleyes:

been out in it today, and most of the time it's perfect, but about 5 times when i've come to accelerate away from a junction there's a weird, and VERY jerky hesitation in power?

like for split second as you try and put you foot down, it'll go for a bit, then there's suddenly nothing, then it's back again. Feels like a violent version of the kangarooing everyone gets, really jerks forward then back, then seems to carry on ok.

electrical problem of some sort? any ideas?

sorry to pester everyone again :(

On second thoughts, you sure the head gasket is alright? Bitch :rasp:

On second thoughts, you sure the head gasket is alright? Bitch :rasp:

:superlol: :grrr:

now now, lets not have your muppetry in other parts of the forum spill over into bitchin here eh!

it's ok phil, no-ones gonna judge you - load of people have sleep-overs. my 12yr old sister went to one at the weekend :ner:

bastonu.gif

On a slightly more on topic subject, are FPRs the same for GA and SR engines?

Ok so if it doesn't have a crank sensor...only need to change cam so new dizzzzzyyyy.

I was just speakin from experience on non SR engines ... that do.... is there any haynes SR20 manual? lol

tommo's not got an fpr i don't think though

not that i even care any more

well f*ck you then.

phil, phil, phil, phil, phil, phil.... please stay in the muppet room. i have no adjustable fpr.

however EVERYONE has a fpr. adjustable fpr are universal to an extent, some are fixed rate, some are rising rate (used on turbo's self explanitary) its usually the fitting kits that are car specific.

.....back on topic i do get the jerky low revs thing as i think my tps is miles out, but i dont put my foot down and have the power cut for a split second, if thats what it feels like craig, i just have a pause until the throttle is pushed a little more than it should do normally. ill show you when we sort out decat etc craig x

well f*ck you then.

.....back on topic i do get the jerky low revs thing as i think my tps is miles out, but i dont put my foot down and have the power cut for a split second, if thats what it feels like craig, i just have a pause until the throttle is pushed a little more than it should do normally. ill show you when we sort out decat etc craig x

:lol:

haha, don't care about my car :P

yeh it's like power cuts quickly, it jerks forward, then power comes back with a sudden jerk too, not a gradual thing

Knock Sensor
Whats your ignition timing set to?

well i tried settin it just to 15' to be safe, not sure it worked, i've followed the procedure several times and it doesn't seem to stay set.

i tried a few days ago, then checked it yesterday and it was at 8-9, so i put it to 15 again.

why, what you thinkin? knackered knock sensor?

how's that linked to timing, does it detect detonation or pinking?

also, how obvious is the sound of pinking and what is it like?

why, what you thinkin? knackered knock sensor?

how's that linked to timing, does it detect detonation or pinking?

they are the same thing and the sensor would retard the timing if it detected it, so if its faulty that could be whats happening....... worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom