craiGTi's ph2 GTi

well, well, well :O

just been out and checked my tps voltages -

closed throttle - 0.40v
WOT - 4.01v

these figures are within the range in the how to section, thought i'd just put them back up a little and see, to -

closed throttle - 0.45v
WOT - 4.10v

went down the road and all seems perfect! :O I never imagined such little voltage could make such a difference but apparently so, it really was just the worst kangarooing ever experienced! :lol:
i mean it genuinely felt like something majorly a miss, it was that severe, oh well, sorted hopefully!

Thanks for all the input lads, just such a stupid thing in the end, although a lesson to check and mess with your tps could make a huge difference, tommo - do it now! :cool:

Well last night i paid Tommo a little visit and swapped a couple of bits over, picked up a decat off him, first of a few things coming soon! :D

Thought it was worth a post, (and a laugh) to see how stupid my system looks! :lol:

you'd think after induction kit, manifold, downpipe, cams etc, i'd have bothered to get a decent cat back too, but not quite yet....

mera2007decat.jpg

Nice 2.5" downpipe and decat, the straight into lovely little 1.5" cat back or whatever size that is?! :lol:

Restrictive much? methinks so - i'm hoping finally fitting a decent size system will be like opening the flood gates, lettin all that power rushing out! :lol:
Decat does seem to have made a little difference, probably in my head though

cheers tommo

well my car's been perfect since the new engine, forgettin the emissions thing, and i've done hundreds n hundreds of miles. But i just did a couple of miles to work and back, and as i got home could hear slight bubbling from my expansion tank and hissing from the rad cap, water level in the exp tank has dropped and my botton hose felt cool :(

All too familiar symptoms!

now it has at NO point got hot, or above half temp at all. So what do i do before driviing it anywhere properly? Does it sound like some weird, intermittent blockage in the cooling system?

what else could cause that bubbling etc? just no circulation.

i'v never felt more shit about my car, tell me what to do, please?! lol

oh noooo :(

you need to start asking yourself questions. right. the current engine. was a complete new unit? (2nd hand obviously) so no head gasket change, just brought and bolted in? what parts have been re-used each time youve swapped the lumps, rad? hoses? thermostat? its obviously getting hot so.... is the rad fan coming on? water blockage? water pump? bearing in mind the oil cooler is part of the water pump isnt it? i could be miles out with everything i have thought of but its just things that are on my mind when i read your post.....

Since this cooling system issue keeps coming back, regardless of how many engines you put in, I'll gamble on blocked radiator.

Drain the coolant, and remove bottom rad hose. run the garden hose through the radiator to see how well its flowing.

well, i have mayo :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

quick compression test shows 11 , 12 , 11 , 12?? :confused:

but defo looks like mayo on oil cap and dip stick.

i've done like 500 miles on it, it only got above halfway once, the day after the engine was fitted. It got to 3/4, cos it was leaking water a bit after a hose clip was left off a cooling pipe at the back of the engine.

But i put that clip back on and it's run fine since, never fluctuated temperature wise, never lost water?

But there are no other reasons for mayo are there?

who wants to help me fix it myself? some tools maybe needed too. beer can be providied?

AOC camp out?! :lol:

Thing is i won't make much money by breaking it to get another car, obviously can't sell it, just gotta be a cheap fix, but everything else checked/changed too.

We ran water through the rad last time it seemed ok, pump's been working for 500 miles, maybe 7-800 even.

I'll be seriously pissed if that hose clip caused it.

yours, in despair, anger, sadness, and tears...

Craig

my dear god :(

nah, god clearly ain't helping here! :lol:

so annoyin, we ran water through the rad, etc etc. It hasn't got hot recently and i haven't driven it much cos of MOT emissions thing.

The only thing i can was when that hose clip was left off, it got hot and ran weird for a bit, i stopped straight away and found that clip missin the next day, replaced it and all seems well.

So fucked off

Hi-5 and join the 3 dead SR20s club!

In all seriousness just scrap it and cut your losses.

no, i can't :P

tis a good engine, seems tight and quiet n smooth, and has hardly had any water through it.

I honestly have no idea why this has gone, all i can think is the hose clip not on and leaking water and getting hot that first day, not got hot since - hi 5 anyway though! :lol:

that compression test can't be right? But you have way more patience than me...get another student loan and buy my vzr. haha

I can't take the piss out of you again.. I'm running out of jokes lol. Gutted for you man, don't break it or scrap it or sell it, it's my favourite looking GTi!

that compression test can't be right? But you have way more patience than me...get another student loan and buy my vzr. haha

i know, i'll do it again tomorrow to check? can't be gone badly can it, but it defo looks like mayo to me, and has lost water.

maybe i'm just so used to it happenin i'm imagining it and hallucinating?! :lol:

trust me, patience is run out long ago, it's pure anger, bloody mindedness and lack of options that drive me on!

what an up n down relationship! talk about high maintenence, stupid slag of a car

I can't take the piss out of you again.. I'm running out of jokes lol. Gutted for you man, don't break it or scrap it or sell it, it's my favourite looking GTi!

cheers mate, i won't do. yet! lol

tis my favourite too, and my least favourite. bag of lovable shite

where's the valium? or how bout a schmoke and a pancake?! anyone

i have a cigar and a waffle available. i aint a million miles away if you need a hand with owt. i dont know jack shit but the offers there

x

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom