craiGTi's ph2 GTi

in the last of sams pictures, it looks like the car has rusted awaay and left corbs lying there wondering where it went...

thats what david was getting at!

craig, anytime. consider yourself ALC loved up

Good job guys! :thumbs:

Good luck with this one mate. :)

Slightly off topic, but check out the rust on the front of the bonnet skeletal frame (pic with the watering can), it must be a non-standard grille thing, as mine`s gone exactly the same, & was fine before it was fitted. :(

glad its all ghone ok for you craig anytime :lol:

now youve got the ALC Tshirt ;)

good news that its running great too like you said, how did your rear engine mount go on?

glad its all ghone ok for you craig anytime :lol:

now youve got the ALC Tshirt ;)

good news that its running great too like you said, how did your rear engine mount go on?

haha, rear mount went on easy mate, no probs. lined it up, bolt went straight through the hole ;)

gearbox bolts all went on easy too ;)

:lol:

cheers for the engine and help bud, lovin the ALC! brought a tear to my eye everyone turning up like that!

:lol:

so how is it craig?

weelllllllll,

it was awesome when i first went out, got fpr set up and it pulled real strong, i was verryyyy surprised. Like, it felt similar to before when the jwts were in, even on the standard cams! :D

real smooth n quiet idle, sounds luurrvely.

Then i thought it'd be a good idea to fit my JWTs, see what she could really do, just havin a minor issue swapping the adjustable sprockets over at the mo :O so err, bare with me! :lol:

Actually, here's a question guys, how can a release the tensioner lil bit from above, without taking it right out??!!

ta very muchly

other than that though seems a very spritely engine, stu said it kept up with his 165bhp build before, neither car on cams :)

still plenty of horses left to be let loose i reckon with cams, exhaust, decent filter etc, we shall see soon i hope

well fitted cams today, seems ok, but there seems to be a slight high pitched whirring along with the normsl engine noise?

also, idle is pulsing from 1.5k to 2k all the time, checked breathers etc, but can't see anything, but it's behaving like an air leak?

any ideas please? especially on the whirring noise?

cheers

have you checked the pipe to the intake from the IACV dude?

whirring sound...hmmmmm

nope not checked it, but should be ok, the car idled fine before swapping cams, and only breahers since then are to cam cover from inlet mani and intake aren't they :confused:

as for the sound it's weird, is high pitched and follows the revs, very smooth sounding but definitley there - like the chain in the chain guide or summin, haha, dunno really

Well, been tinkerin and tidying up the new engine and a few minor things that weren't quite finished....

the dodgy idle thing i was on about was thanks to my mates mishap, he snapped a few cam cover bolts and presumably air was getting in and messin that up, still one needs drilling and heli-coiling cos i messed it up :O :wall:

whirrin noise is power steering belt i think, tried to get at it today to loosen it, but it's a reet bast4rd!

nismo fpr fitted now :D Note the expertly mounted gauge with cable ties on the strut brace! ;) :lol: will sort that another day

P5080254.jpg

Also, JWT cams went in yesterday, today i set up tps voltage, ignition timing, and fuel pressure correctly, and woop! SHE FLIES now!!!!! lovin it, pulls real good n strong.

here's the new engine, could do with a proper clean, but lookin ok.

P5080249.jpg

Car will be gettin a decent clean and some exterior pics taken tomorrow, to celebrate the beginning of a new dawn!

Fingers crossed for engine no4, this one'll last! :D

Only other minor issue is my speedo's not workin, jumps up n down a bit, or stays at 0, tried a speed sensor out old gearbox, to no avail, any ideas?

^ ha id have given up a long time ago, i think back after SR20 no.2 eek maybe the old speedo sensor is furbar'd too, check the resistance. it'll be open circuit if its bust.

really glad she's back up & running fast
dd

^ ha id have given up a long time ago, i think back after SR20 no.2 eek maybe the old speedo sensor is furbar'd too, check the resistance. it'll be open circuit if its bust.

really glad she's back up & running fast
dd

believe me mate, i was very close! as for speedo, sensor worked fine before, i think we probably disturbed a connection somewhere in changin engines

now get it on the dyno and get it set up properly

well done dude

cheers mate, dyno not yet though, exhaust up next - which you may be able to help with!....

lookin at AAS or MIJ, MIJ are closer to me, but AAS seem to be them muts nuts, you any knowledge of MIJ?

and size wise, defo 2.5" yeh? tbh i fancy a total wezz copy! :P

Search for MIJ. David had his done there recently and Rowdy has one from them too.

Back
Top Bottom