craiGTi's ph2 GTi

i have a cigar and a waffle available. i aint a million miles away if you need a hand with owt. i dont know jack shit but the offers there

x

:lol:

cheers mate, i'll see how things go - then after i've taken all the good bits off to sell i could use someone to nick it and set fire somewhere far away?! :lol:

kinda thing you can do?

cheers mate, i'll see how things go - then after i've taken all the good bits off to sell i could use someone to nick it and set fire somewhere far away?! :lol:

kinda thing you can do?

ask me no questions, i'll tell you no lies :lol:

ive never really looked into this much but when a car is warming up should the top and bottom rad hose warm up about the same time. Just thinking if the top hose heats up and it takes a lonnnng time for the bottom hose to get warm that would point to a blocked radiator wouldnt it?

ive never really looked into this much but when a car is warming up should the top and bottom rad hose warm up about the same time. Just thinking if the top hose heats up and it takes a lonnnng time for the bottom hose to get warm that would point to a blocked radiator wouldnt it?

i presume it heats up a bit after the top one, but there was definite bubbling and stuff same as before.

checked rad last time though, water was coming through. just so gutted.

can someone please give me a rundown of things that could be fucked and need checkin, changin.
ie. rad, hoses, pipes, pump, temp sensors? ecu? anything that could cause a coolin problem

cheers

ah man not again, :(

as for coming up and helping you im well up for it, BUUUT i havent got a car myself :( melted piston n'all,

i can run up in my dads motor and bring all the coolant parts you need tho :D
and all my tools :D
ALC :lol:

i reckon its a blocked rad maybe, causing the water pressure to build up and get into your engine somehow :(

You replaced the rad cap didnt you before?

you got an adjustable FPR and gauge yet?

You replaced the rad cap didnt you before?

you got an adjustable FPR and gauge yet?

nah not got fpr yet was gonna soon, might save money for fixing again! lol

blocked rad/coolin system just doesn't make sense i've done 800 odd miles in it with it circulating fine, only ting i can think, (and i spoke to my uncle and ousin today who run a dealership) and they said, the hose clip off at the beginning, it got hot and ran badly, engine light came on.

i replaced that cip and it seemed ok, but it muct have got hot enough to weaken/damage it slightly, and it's got worse over last 800 miles.

It's gone in to their dealership for them to look at it, gonna cost a lot probably even with family rates, but should get to the bottom of it.

ah man not again, :(

as for coming up and helping you im well up for it, BUUUT i havent got a car myself :( melted piston n'all,

i can run up in my dads motor and bring all the coolant parts you need tho :D
and all my tools :D
ALC :lol:

i reckon its a blocked rad maybe, causing the water pressure to build up and get into your engine somehow :(

cheers mate, i'll see what happens, thanks for the offer!

It's in at my uncles dealership at the mo, think they might do it. I would have gone there before but they're very busy and not cheap even at family rates! lol

Like i said, blocked rad doesn't add upp, after this hose clip saga the engine got hot very quickly and engine light came. Car seemed to run poorly like ecu was restriciting it. I thought all seemed ok after replacing the clip, but it seems to have deteriorated and gone pop! :(

cheers mate

P1010045.jpg

helpin out :lol:

Corbs looks like he's gunna cry if he does one more engine swap.

hahaha

indeed, i know the feelin too! :rolleyes:

thats right though, engine no. 4 is now in! :D with every bolt nice n tight and every clip on securely! ;)

Massive thanks to stu for the engine and tools and help today puttin it in. and thanks to corbs, tommo and sam who showed up to give me a big dollop of ALC treatment! :D and helped too of course.

cheers lads, i'll get some pics of it when done now, nismo fpr also fitted today.

cams will go in tomoz maybe, and then more bits coming soon. :D

Back
Top Bottom