craiGTi's ph2 GTi

well as you know dude, rowdy has a MIJ system and i think a couple of others, but we all know who the boyos are :) 2.5" yes as you have a 2.5" SSAC dont you? so it will all be 2.5" and mandrel bent, compliment the cams right up, so yeh it will be a wezz copy dude...until i get my ASP header and back up to AAS for a 3" system, so my 2.5" system will probably go to some lucky owner on here for cheap :)

book it in soon though as the waiting list is big, you can drop it off on the morning, have a good mooch around the metro centre and drive it away not long after dinner with a big smile

cheers lads, had a read about both, not sure yet!

then flywheel coming and gonna do clutch so need to choose which one to order, am thinkin just an exedy standard replacement, nothing mad.

also looked at pulleys, cdf ones, but havind read andy s's experience maybe not lol

Yeah I was asking cfd about custom ones for mine but they don't seem too hot after what they provided for Andy.

Could be a loose earth on the speed sensor?

That`s a point, did you plug the gearbox earth lead back in?

There should be a black wire that bolts to the chassis leg, just in front of the carbon cannister, this plugs onto a spade terminal on the top of the `box, iirc, just by the breather pipe.

I forgot to plug mine back in when I changed the clutch, & only noticed it when I was refiting the bracket for the filter. :)

That`s a point, did you plug the gearbox earth lead back in?

There should be a black wire that bolts to the chassis leg, just in front of the carbon cannister, this plugs onto a spade terminal on the top of the `box, iirc, just by the breather pipe.

I forgot to plug mine back in when I changed the clutch, & only noticed it when I was refiting the bracket for the filter. :)

tried that, all plugged in etc. hmmm...

Feel free to ignore my self indulgence and photo-whoring, but i love my car again now! :D so i cleaned her up a bit and took some pics, looks the same really, but i don't care, it looks sooooo much better to me now i know it works! :P and i feel less likely to kick it or spit on it now :lol:

P5110414.jpg

P5110415.jpg

P5110421.jpg

P5110422.jpg

Lovin it again!

Also swapped brake fluid for some dot5.1, still doesn't feel great though so might re-bleed, think there's a little air in there somewhere. Also gonna order pads, maybe ebc redstuff?! or just OE.

It really does seem to be runnin sweet now :D And a note on the JWT cams, before (on sr20 numbers 2 and 3 :lol: ) i had the inlet cam advenced 2', but i put them in at stock cam timing this time and there does seem to be a noticeable difference. When advanced by 2' there might have been slightly more power, i don't know though, but it all came after 5k revs in a massive surge.

With it at stock timing, it pulls harder from right down at 2.5k, pulls hard at 4k and goes off a bit just after 6k - much more usable on the road, don't have to change down a gear and cane it every time you overtake now . ;)

next up, rust prevention :rolleyes:

and the award for the widest post ever goes to.....

Good to see it back on the road Craig, pleased for ya.

all you need now dude is some wheel spacers and it will be spot on

definitley, although tbh i'm not keen on the look of it from the back, love the front, not back. Think i'm gonna debadge the almera and GTi badges and maybe put a nissan one back on in the middle.

Mainly though, i never make my mind up whether i ike the lights, would like some vz-r's, but thats valuable pennies to be spent on more important under-bonnet things! ;)

get to the meet on saturday ;)

i can't mate, been bribed into workin, and couldn't really refuse money, the car needs it! :D

Looks great, need to get mine on the road soon....but I think you've lost some wheels in your rear arches! lol

Feel free to ignore my self indulgence and photo-whoring, but i love my car again now! :D so i cleaned her up a bit and took some pics, looks the same really, but i don't care, it looks sooooo much better to me now i know it works! :P and i feel less likely to kick it or spit on it now :lol::

Yes, I know how you feel. I felt the same after my engine swap and on that day I started to love my car to bits again!

BTW. Your car still looks great!

Had a little drive to walsall today....

P5150263.jpg
P5150264.jpg

P5150269.jpg

(note sr20 no2 in the background :lol: )

MIJ 2.5" mandrel bent cat back, centre silencer and biggish oval rear one! Quiet-ish - for a 2.5"!

:D :D :D

then for the big mods,

P5150268.jpg
P5150267.jpg

4" cold air feed and 300zx fuel filter fitted too, probably 20bhp right there :P :lol:

Back
Top Bottom