craiGTi's ph2 GTi

cheers for comments lads :D

and yes kurt, considerin the ridiculous amount of time i spend on here, it'd be rude not to be at jae! i'm supposed to be workin abroad for some of the summer, but should be back, might not go for too long now the car's sorted anyway! :D

i'm goin for that rustic, used intake look...:P

P5210006.jpg

looks ok, but will be swapped for something prettier soon, unfortunately doesn't sound any different, i was expectin more noise :(

obviously it's psychologically a lot faster now too!

also today, put new interior in, nothing major - non-airbag front seats lose bit of weight! lol, and also had a play and with some upholstery paint and made them a bit darker. The pics don't show it well, but in real life you can hardly see the pattern, they look a lot darker than normal, bit nicer i think :D

P5210009.jpg

with the airbag light flashin on, if i take the bulb out will it fail MOT, or is the airbag system not part of it, a few have ditched their airbags haven't they, rowdy? wezz?

yep airbags have gone, i just put some elec tape over the air bag light :lol: but i took the wiring and the control unit out so i dont know if the light will even flash anymore :lol:

never mind that, why is the interior still in :lol:

DELIVERY!!!

P5220010.jpg

:D

Does someone wanna bring the right belts round and fit em for me now please?! :lol: I'm feeling ill today and don't even wanna try :(

Does anyone know what belts i need, or how to work it out? thankyou please :cool:

well, seen as though i have these pulleys, i love you and my mera is outside, i can tell you the size you need

alternator belt - 4PK 800
PAS belt - 4PK 845

(providing you have no air con dude)

well, seen as though i have these pulleys, i love you and my mera is outside, i can tell you the size you need

alternator belt - 4PK 800
PAS belt - 4PK 845

(providing you have no air con dude)

love you baby :D

isn't the water pump a diff size seein as the it's that pulley that's bigger?! i'm confused now, i'm not very bright you know :P

that's right, no air con ;)

in terms of fittin, is it tricky? what's the score? @ tdc, in gear, loosen belts and remove, unbolt, swap, refit?! lol. nice n simple

nah mate, the 4 holes on the WP pulley are the same width apart as the standard one so it just bolts up lovely. dont have to put it at TDC either as there is a woodruff key in the crank (the little cut out on the pulley) so the pulley can only go on one way. nice and simple dude. the hardest part will be getting the standard pulley off and the tightening the PAS belt can be a bit of a pain.

cheers dude, what about torque figures? anyone know what they are? or is it FT? :lol:

hmmm, maybe i'll take some pics and do a how to for the dumb ones like me...

142 - 152 nm gadge, but that can be a bit hard as obviously the crank will turn. dont tighten the water pump ones up too much as they are only little bolts, just nip them up

i had air tools matey, they help massively :lol: advantages to working in a garage :D so if im honest i wouldnt know. the water pump ones you could use a belt and hold it tight around the pulley so it doesnt turn. the only way i could think to do the crank one is to get a pry bar on the flywheel but errrrrrrrrrrrm yeh

haha, errr, maybe not

yeh i though belt or chain thingy - don't matter bout old pulleys, but tightenin new ones with chain, hmmm.

other way i read just now on web, was havin breaker bar against summin and turnin it over on starter :eek: - not sure i like the sound of that

hmmmmmmmm i wouldnt like to do that at all. i wonder if putting it gear will help? (brain is racking trying to think if that would work)

hmmmmmmmm i wouldnt like to do that at all. i wonder if putting it gear will help? (brain is racking trying to think if that would work)

tried and failed unfortunately mate, just turns still. not got a strap or owt here at the mo, but will try that later

rocker cover off and lock the cams?

ooh, good idea, just a 1" spanner on the cam hex isn't it?

it does undo normal anti-clockwise doesn't it? :lol: and water pump should be easier shouldn't it.

cheers for all the help mate, i owe you some man love, errr i mean a pint or summin, definitely a pint or 2 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom