craiGTi's ph2 GTi

AARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn crank pulley, bollox, sh1t, p1ss, f*ck, bum, p1ss, co*k, sh1t, bum, bugger, bollox, fu*k and w*nk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wall::wall::angry::angry::mad:

2 of us, 1 with breaker bar on the pulley, one with a spanner on the cam hex, and some scaffold tube over that for length and leverage, and we're just playin the most pointless game of tug of way over my engine!!!!!

damnit :( need air tools :(

*venting over*

Don't jack it up, put it in gear, tommy bar on the crank bolt, jack under the tommy bar....jack it up.

I did mine with the car in gear, I think yours is still turning in gear because the clutch is slipping.

How brave do you feel?

One man with breaker bar/scaffold pole on the crank pulley bolt, the other guy momentarily turns the engine over with the key.

Could work, maybe.
However i wouldnt reccomend it. Lol

Edit just to add, you should crack the power steering pulley bolt first before doing the crank.

yeh cheers boys, haha, didn't fancy the starter method dale, but got it undone - just needed someone with a bit of strength instead of my dad tryin to push against me ;) :lol:

next problem is gettin the pulley off lol.... :rolleyes:

edit - and yeh think you're right dale, clutch slips like a bastard - good reason to put a new one in with the lightened flywheel :D

the water pump pulley is fiddly to get on, as its positioned so you cannot see if you get the bolt in the hole, and need small hands .

well crank pulley's off, and i know what you mean andy! pain in the arse gettin the bolt holes lined up on the water pump! got it done though, but another problem, on the g-spec website it mentions possible grinding needed to fit them, i presume this is why...

P5220019.jpg

out with the file or grinder i guess :rolleyes:

The Gspec ones are designed for a VE, he sells a spacer with it if you told him they're for a DE.

oh really? i got a spacer, but it has the keyway in for crank pulley, for the gti-r i think, no i didn't get a spacer for the w/pump, i'll just file the head down a bit! ;)

yeh they're larger, but i don't think andy had a problem with fouling, hmmm, nevermind

wezz, darling, not to doubt you but are you sure on the belt sizes?

cos that 845 one really doesn't seem like it'll go, that's the same size as my old std one, except it has to go round the oversize water pump too? i presume 845 is the length of the belt, so i just go up to 860 or 865 i presume

definitely 845 on my belt gorgeous

did i get it the right way round?

you sure you have the PAS pump all the way down the tensioner? might have to take it right off the tensioner to get the belt on

hmmm, it was dark when i tried, can't see the pas pump properly, and it's a pain in the arse to get at anyway! :lol: which way am i pushin the pas pump to loosen it fully, towards from of engine bay? don't think i did get it totally loose tbh, i'm sure you're right mate

oh, sod it i'll do it in the morning in daylight!

Back
Top Bottom