craiGTi's ph2 GTi

solved the abs warning light problem, the sensor cable had come loose from the bracket and snapped clean in 2! :eek: anyone got one i can have?! lol although it looks like it'll be a bitch to undo - rusted to fook.

When I needed a new one, Shaggy was offering me one of his that had been cut off 4in from the hub, so maybe yours could be reconnected, and re-insulated? If not, Joe's a fookin chancer :D

couple of little changes, one in particular serious bling, probably put me at 200whp :P ...
P6020014.jpg
P6020013.jpg

That's right, HKS filter AND rad cap! :cool: :lol:

Sounds nice but haven't tested the filter properly yet - and as much as i love the hot weather i'm fed up of it sappin the power from me! :(

Also, dunno if anyone has any ideas, i have developed a slight miss or hesitance - only at high revs when driving hard, just a momentary blip then pulls fine. It seems to only happen in the middle of the day when it's hot, not as bad if at all in the colder nights. :confused:

might adjust my tps again, that's been the cause a couple of times, just the heat thing confused me a bit...

^ haha, s'pose it's only fair :P

ooh, just had a delivery...

calipers.jpg
spacers.jpg

FTO twinpots :D £80 delivered, which seemed good to me, postage wouldn't be cheap they weigh shit loads! and look in pretty decent nick, although i'll still strip em n paint em and new seals etc.

and the spacers stu gave me a while back, think they'll come in handy for spacing the discs out slightly like they'll need doing.

Just get stupid exam out the way tomorrow and i can get to it ;)

not much of an update, kinda good and bad :rolleyes:

blingy HT leads ;)
P6160013.jpg

interior stripped, will be cleaned and sprayed matt black :cool:
P6160014.jpg
P6160015.jpg

feels all lively handling wise, love it - weight loss not done though...

and so for the bad....after stripping everythin i went to undo the seatbelt bolts and remove seatbelts, a few turns of the passenger side rear mount bolt and this happened... :eek:
P6160016.jpg

whole section of metal with bolt nice and tightly rusted in there came straight out! :lol: couldn't believe it, sills are fairly mint, thought inner arches would be too, but no! So will be gettin that patched, plated, welded, undersealed, covered in cheese and chewing gum and sprayed in 17 layers of paint promptly. The seams around the other side inner arch are goin too, so a bit of weldin to be done, oh well.

Not as bad as my old sunny GTi went and that was easy fixed so not too worried.

Have a reason to not be able to put the rear seats back in now too :lol:

another one who thinks he can beat the VE by stripping it out :lol: jokes

good man, stripped FTW, bad news on the rust though gorgeous, makes me appreciate how clean mine is :D hehe

with this strippage and power mods you need to get to shakeys i think boyo

another one who thinks he can beat the VE by stripping it out :lol: jokes

good man, stripped FTW, bad news on the rust though gorgeous, makes me appreciate how clean mine is :D hehe

with this strippage and power mods you need to get to shakeys i think boyo

god damn ve slut, just cheatin your way to 200bhp :P stupid variable valve, what you think you are, a honduh boy :rolleyes: :lol: as for shakeys, more strippin to come and power mods kinda, also love to do some twisty track days - gutted boutthat curborough bein fully booked up

Rust is lighter than carbon fibre, a big gaping hole is lighter still! No biggy is it really, at least it's not a hole in a vital engine gasket ;)

:cool: damn right, JDM lyte :lol: (i'm ignoring the gasket comment :mad: )

EDIT - Wezz, baby, where did you order your thermoblocks from, i e-mailed outlaw enginerring and got nothing. and i wasn't sure whoch to order cos i thought i read summin bout the UK sr inlet mani being different?

and phil just sotted summin dodgy with their website being risky too

yeh it is different dude, i think rowdy has the TB one as thats the same as the VE, not too sure on the intake mani though

Back
Top Bottom