Darrens N16

You'd get a couple of grand for it too. Buy a good GTi for say £800 with money left over for insurance and fuel. Sorted indeed ;).

Yes I have seen it I also saved all the pictures and etc. all mounts need fabrication and the only mound that does not need is the gear gearbox mount. also the drive shaft needs cut and welding. only concern is wiring. it does not give enough information on how to wire the thing up.

darren

PM him ;) Ask around on other forums mate as the info is there because it's been done before :). As you've seen N16s around the world have VQ35s, SR16VEs, SR20DETs. You just gotta ask the right people.

You know you could get close to 200BHP from a NA SR20, I know a member on here whos pushing nearly that with just engine, albeit in a primera rather than an almera

QG18 flywheel clutch and box.. manifold T28 turbo intercooler oil ones some 1.8 injectors and a dastec.. problem sorted.. easy..

Yeah the QG18 has been turbocharged (ROB219, Austrailia) and Supercharged (Almerasleeper, UK). It can take it. What more evidence and info do you need?

Maybe speak to TTS and see what their opinion is of the QG18?
Get on PGA and PM Rob :).
Pull your finger out and stop worrying!

*in Arnie voice* DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Ok my bad I see you've been on and been to Rob's profile already :). Surely PGA gave you a load of info?

Why the hell do you want more power anyway Darren?
With all that sound deadening and ICE you've got installed.. Even with a 200BHP SR20 I think you'd struggle to see a 15s quarter mile time..
If you want performance, take all that shit out of the car, then if you want more performance, turbo it, or engine swap it or whatever..
But if you want ICE, forget dreaming about performance..
Joe

Ok my bad I see you've been on and been to Rob's profile already :). Surely PGA gave you a load of info?

yeah they gave me loads of info. but im just thinking. a QG18DE + Box would set me back about 450-600 quid not including ECU the rest of the stuff. I could get a SR20DE donor car for cheaper Kristian said

Why the hell do you want more power anyway Darren?
With all that sound deadening and ICE you've got installed.. Even with a 200BHP SR20 I think you'd struggle to see a 15s quarter mile time..
If you want performance, take all that shit out of the car, then if you want more performance, turbo it, or engine swap it or whatever..
But if you want ICE, forget dreaming about performance..
Joe

I will be ripping the sub box + 2nd battery to keep my weight down when im dragging or what ever.

Keep at it Darren. It's your project but we just really want to see you doing something about it rather than it just being hollow posts all the time! :).

yeah they gave me loads of info. but im just thinking. a QG18DE + Box would set me back about 450-600 quid not including ECU the rest of the stuff. I could get a SR20DE donor car for cheaper Kristian said

Yeah as the How To showed on B15sentra.net, they used a doner car and this would be a good move for you as you'll need all the wiring. It would be relativly simple then as you wouldnt have to shit yourself over the electrics then. Just transfer everything over :). It would be like Joe's SRi to GTi conversion with a bit of engine mount fabrication thrown in :thumb:.

Ed's very right there.. The electrical side of things is the major headache.. And after all any muppet can slam an engine in.. I mean, I did it LOL
In all seriousness though.. Its not too bad to weld up mounts and shafts and stuff, I've seen it done loads.
Joe

The electrical side of things is the major headache..
if your car is a headache then I can't wait to start mine wiring up with a P11/N15 Loom onto a N16 should be a right headache. I need to do more research on wiring to be honest. I need the engine in there and then start working on the wiring. mounts and driveshafts can be made by my engineering mate and etc but I want things to be working such as ABS and etc.

I know shaggy said remove the ABS as you don't really need it. I personally will keep it. just because in a emergency stop. there are a lot of jokers about. after the meet last time that shaggy said to remove the ABS as you don't need it I almost had a accident about a week after.

I was driving normally doing about 25mph on a road and then a Corsa pulls out in front of me. I slam on the clutch and brakes and abs kicked in but the Corsa is still coming out . I had to swerve towards the kerb to miss him. luckily I missed the kerb and him which was a lucky escape. I was very close to his rear bumper about 30cm if that. if I hit him I would of beat the shit out of him as he looked left but never looked right and then pulled out and then he went to look right. and then still carried on. anyway sorry about the rant lol

Christ almighty Darren ! Make it easy on yourself if you're not up on the wiring side & get the QG18DE in there - engine & gearbox. Failing that, get someone else to take care of the wiring loom swap for the SR20. Preferably someone who knows about wiring ! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom