Darrens N16

You've got a mid silencer as well so I guess not as loud as it could be ;) lol.

It's ok relax I'm just jesting :lol:. You can have it how you like mate ;). Get that video up!

TBH crush bent isnt that bad, it maybe not as good as mandrel, but will still aid a fair bit. My old system was crush bent and made a heck of a difference!

the are buckled so I am trying to sell them some one wants them for 150 so if I can sell them I will sell them otherwise I will keep them and use them for winter tires

im nevergoing to buy inovites again.

who would pay 150 quid for buckled wheels?

A brothers mate I think. He wants them for his clio he said he was not fussed if they are buckled. but if they sell they sell if not then I will use them as winter tyres. also I can sell them to someone with a S13 4x114.3 for drifting

great I blown my gearbox for the 2nd time. im going to sort it out next week some time. the car is still driveable. I think a bearing is gone. so I might replace the gearbox and then try to repair the original gearbox myself.

I think I will just drop another N16 box in it. I was wondering why you brought up the SR20DE Gearbox ?? im sure the bell housing is different.

Darren

throw in a good n16 box and overfill it with oil, jack it up so the filler hole sits higher than usual, i heard its a design fault with almeras primeras and primastars the gearbox oil filller hole is too low meaning you cant get enough oil in when its on the level

Nissan said to me 2.7 lts of oil. I heard that the oil filler is too high so when you fill it it actually over fills the gearbox and when it gets hot it expands causing it to blow. I had my car serviced from nissan at 25k miles and a week later the gearbox blown. after that Nissan change gearbox under warranty and after that I needed to change my clutch once that was changed it leaked. it has been leaking oil for about 30k miles if not more now and when I changed my clutch again recently was only 0.5 lts of oil in there and the gearbox still never blown. so I am not sure if I want to over fill it or not. also I think its the input shaft bearing. so it should not be to hard to fix.

Darren

anyway a mini clip of my exhaust from inside of the car (not the best will get some more when the gearbox is sorted)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Darren198712/?action=view&current=DSC00055.flv

What I'm saying is, change the lot!
This setup keeps giving you problems :)
Joe

lol I wish it was that simple. I wish it was simple as the GA - SR swap

so far I have worked out
Cut+weld engine mounts.
cut and weld drive shafts
modifications to cross member
a lot of rewiring
need to upgrade the fuel pump

I rather put a QG18DE in there as its a fairly straight forward swap. im looking at about 2k for the SR20DE swap. Kristian said about 700 for the swap + a bit more im guessing about 400 for the donor car + I would be using new fluids and etc and I need a exhaust now to the exhaust. I guess I will do it soon or later when my grants come :P

maybe turboing is not the best idea on the QG15DE as the box has already blown up already on a virtually original

Back
Top Bottom