Darrens N16

Christ almighty Darren ! Make it easy on yourself if you're not up on the wiring side & get the QG18DE in there - engine & gearbox. Failing that, get someone else to take care of the wiring loom swap for the SR20. Preferably someone who knows about wiring ! :rolleyes:

don't get me wrong I can do it. just a bit of a mission ripping dash out etc etc. I can always wire up the N15 wiring loom into my car to get it working. only issue I have is ABS that worries me a little

ok after a bit more research looking at this website http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-transmission/97257-how-p11-b15-transmission-swap-into-b13-b14-p10.html

I found that the mounts on the gearbox for the N16 might be the same as the N15 GTi and P11 gearbox one.

I have some pictures of the gearbox and I will post them up maybe tomorrow or another time.

after looking at this http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126531

the gearbox does not look like a P11 one for some reason. if you compare the mounts on from the P11 (1st link) gearbox and the gearbox in the B15 (2nd link) the gearbox does not look like the same.

Darren

Howdy, my first post, but after seeing this thread... Ill give u some options.

the qg16de/qg15de gearbox uses the rs5f30a depending where you are. Otherwise in some other asian countries uses the rs5f70a. Unfortually the rs5f30a imo is a pos, i have one (since i have a qg16de)and i dont think its gonna last.

However, the rs5f70a is a tank and i reckon and from other people are saying, is that it will be able to handle up to 400hp which i wouldnt take it that far. The sr20 forum did some research (http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-...5-p11-tranny-why-its-better-than-b13-b14.html) on this and pointed out the reasons why the n16 rs5f70a is stronger than the previous series.

I personally think the N16 is based on the Primera's 4x114.3 stud pattern for a start and also the interior is almost the same as the P12. the navi screen is the same is for a start. P11 144 Loom and SR20DE I think or a P11 GT engine and loom. the mounts are the hardest part I personally think. I need to go to a scrap yard and cut the ECU - interior loom and compare it with a P11 loom. colours and then look on service manuals to see what each one does and wire it up. as the B15 - SR20DET conversion guy said the original speed sensor has to be used. biggest head ache is wiring to be honest.

ok after a bit more research looking at this website http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-transmission/97257-how-p11-b15-transmission-swap-into-b13-b14-p10.html

I found that the mounts on the gearbox for the N16 might be the same as the N15 GTi and P11 gearbox one.

I have some pictures of the gearbox and I will post them up maybe tomorrow or another time.

after looking at this http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126531

the gearbox does not look like a P11 one for some reason. if you compare the mounts on from the P11 (1st link) gearbox and the gearbox in the B15 (2nd link) the gearbox does not look like the same.

Darren

Well i cant say much about this but the b15 sr20de with the rs5f70a has the same internals as the n16 but the major difference is the bellhousing. This could be why the gearbox does not look the same even though its the same coding.

well from the B15 SR20DET swap the gearbox does not look the same as the N16 one.

the P11 144 swap housing looks the same as the one on the N16
http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-transmission/97257-how-p11-b15-transmission-swap-into-b13-b14-p10.html

as you can see the 4 holes on the top of the gearbox look the same as the one on the N16 mounts I also have a N16 gearbox with a bearing that has blown so I compared it with the pics and my gearbox and the mounts on the top look the same.

I believe that the gearbox mount and maybe the rear mount may be a direct bolt on for the N16 with the P11 / N15 gearbox
PICT1827.jpg

not sure there are not many SR20DE's around I would need to have a look at the mounts to be honest. but the Almera tino is a different chassi code and also its 5 stud (5x114.3) I was thinking of getting the front and rear hubs from that car and then using the stock rear caliper + disc and pad and then use a R33 GTST caliper with disc on the front hub. not sure if it will work but it might be worth a try

here is a pic of the almera gearbox
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-ALMERA-GEARBOX-1-8-16V-N16-00-06_W0QQitemZ130320510558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e57b52e5e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14as you can see from the holes on the top the gearbox looks very similar

ok after some research I found out that Nissan Changed the whole ECU when they changed the ODB to ODB2 here is a picture of the Pin out

ODB1
N14, N15, P11

ODB2
P11 144, V10, N16

so this narrow's things down for me I need a V10/P11 144 ECU + Loom + engine + Keys etc. I may get away without the loom as the loom might be the same but I need the ECU + Keys for sure
ECUPinOut.jpg

so next thing to do is go to a scrap yard and cut the V10 loom from the interior to the ECU and cut the P11 144 loom as well

I will also need to print the V10 + P11 144 + N16 Loom pinout and compair them.

DE should be a easy swap but its DE+T which is the head ache as I can't run a GTiR ecu. not sure if piggyback Dasktec will work with the ECU.

I am also wondering if the V10/P11 144 is fully fly by wire. I know the N16 Ph1 was still cable and I also know that the N16 ph2 is fly by wire as mine is fly by wire.

When I replace my GTR front calipers in the future I will have those calipers you want available (R32 GTR and R33 GTS-T use the same ones). Think they take about 295mm discs

Is there something wrong with your Endless calipers?

no that was the first idea to be honest but I could not be bothered with hub swapping and etc

When I replace my GTR front calipers in the future I will have those calipers you want available (R32 GTR and R33 GTS-T use the same ones). Think they take about 295mm discs

280 on the almera when you swap them over as the knuckle is closer on the N16. I posted up a pic with a GTST caliper on a N16 hub with a N16 disc on. everything is ok except the disc thickness the other way to do it is use the stock N16 disc and get some back plates made up for the pad that are thicker (4mm thicker) and then send them off to EBC and get some brake pad put onto them

the otherway around it is to use a P10 donor car or a P11 donor car and swap everything over. P11 loom and engine + a P10 ECU would be better as it does not have NATS even if it does it can be bypasses

they are on the car
my point is that I was going to do a 5 stud swap and use a stock V10 rear hub with disc and caliper and then use a stock V10 hub on the front with a R32GTR/R33GTST brake setup. then all that went out the window and then I got the endless's

Darren

So....why not keep the endless? Don't see why you need to change hubs/PCD get an SR20 in there, or what PCD has to do with calipers in the first place.

ed, the idea im getting is that before daz got the endless brakes, he was going to go for gtr brakes, but swap over the hubs for 5stud so he could do something with the rear disks...?!?

Back
Top Bottom